SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making an educated guess (or not) that Mr Ponytail who wanted to be left alone voted for death. Don't throw rotten tomatoes at me if I'm wrong!

I picked "Willie" as a life vote :blowkiss:. As well as Bill, "Neil" and "Church Lady"

You're right! Thanks for reminding me.

ETA The quote didn't work! .. in response to the hearing impaired juror being an alternate.

Interesting Breezy, because I think the same thing on the split;

Bill
Neil
Church Lady
Willie

I'll go but jurors, please forgive me if I'm wrong. I myself am starting to think that LWOP will be worse than the DP.

The foreman of course
Juror 14 (CPA)
Juror 12 (Neil)
Juror 4 (Grandpa)

I'd be shocked if Willie voted for life!

Look at us acting as though we could read minds! :floorlaugh:

But where in the plan does the bank account fit in? Why was she making those odd deposits?

Maybe when she went to Mesa, she used it as an excuse to invite herself over. Such as: "Travis, check the bank account I opened so you can withdraw the car payments out of there?"

She owed Travis money and I think there was some shady business going on.

IMO, Juan wanted to delve into her tax returns to show that there might not have been a need for the killer to have two bank accts. I don't think she made any money from ppl, I think she even admitted that on the stand.
Maybe the second acct was new just for her killing?

I'd like to hire TexMex to cook for me!

Had to walk away for a few...just getting to some of those videos now of the jurors. In a coinky dink I went out for pizza last night with my buddy who was a nurse for years. I gave her the abbreviated form of the trial and happenings over the past few months and we talked about the jurors. She said that for years she was told that defense lawyers did not like nurses on juries because they were more prone to vote for the harshest penalty possible because they'd seen it all. Doesn't surprise me then with this nurse on the jury was one with the DP.

This Friday I will watch my kiddle graduate from HS - and I'm very proud of her of course but also so relieved that her father and I have raised a productive member of society. She's no CMJA. I absolutely hated the way the Arias family acted in court, and there is some sort of empathy missing there in that bunch. But I do feel a teeny tiny bit sorry for CMJA's mother. To know you gave birth to a monster? That's a lot to live with.

Just a wee bit though.

I'll go but jurors, please forgive me if I'm wrong. I myself am starting to think that LWOP will be worse than the DP.

<respectfully snipped>

Do we have information about how privileges or lack thereof are different from Estrella to Perryville? Suppose it is LWOP, do we have to be subjected to endless pontificating through a Twitter account, more lying interviews and other bs? The appearance that it's sorority life for a twisted prom queen is revolting.

I am not for or against any particular punishment at this point. I just want her to grab a hot, steaming cup of STFU. No more coverage, no more public delusions of grandeur. Go the **** away, lock her up and throw away the key so the family can find a measure of peace.

The foreman of course
Juror 14 (CPA)
Juror 12 (Neil)
Juror 4 (Grandpa)

So Rose, do you think it was all males that voted for life...very interesting but wouldn't surprise me now that I have heard from JF.

I'm really thinking here that Elle meant "secret" sex, not sacred. Lol

:floorlaugh: That makes a lot more sense to me!

I can't speak for Elle. I can only speak to how I responded to her, based on what I know to be true for a lot of people.

Her original quote:
If a guy consistently had sacred sex with me but wasn't committing to me and lying to people about us, i'd feel like an object.

to which I responded:

I've always taken a hard line on this subject:

If you (generic "you") place responsibility for how you feel on someone else, you're an accomplice.

If a guy is having "sacred" sex with you without committing, it isn't "sacred" and if you're having sex with him without the commitment you want and need, you're weak for allowing him to determine your worth.

I just have no patience for those kinds of self-inflicted wounds.

/Hard line

I took it literally and my response was tailored around accepting casual sex when what you (generic) really want is sacred sex or sex strictly contained within a committed relationship.

But hey, she could have meant "secret" :floorlaugh: She can clarify that if she chooses.

I think if you want something "special" and committed, you shouldn't give up being true to yourself and accept less than that in order to get it. You're heading for disaster.

Only for the context of this thread being related to whether sex before marriage was a sacrilege (causing harm to something sacred) for TA, I'm posting this. Mods please remove and forgive if it isn't appropriate.

Redland Baptist and Sacred Sex

Spiritual Tantra

I think the lack of understanding and agreement about sex and expectations surrounding sex accounts for a lot of crazy and dysfunctional relationships.

As always, JMO.

It would be idiotic for DT to call ALV again. The first time was brutal, and verged on perjury, IMO, when JM was crossing about her credentials. Dr Samuels had professional credentials, but came across sounding silly and completely smitten with Jodi.

Dr DeMarte was great. Hope she gets called again.

With the 8-4 split FOR DP, I'm leaning towards a deal before a retrial ever happens. I think this judge will give LWOP if there is another hung jury. JSS knows things about Jodi the jury (or us for that matter) is not privy to.

I have absolutely no doubt Jodi will kill again if ever released.

The foreman of course
Juror 14 (CPA)
Juror 12 (Neil)
Juror 4 (Grandpa)

One thing. I'a betting Bill Z is a wishin he didin open his mouth. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I saw that and corrected by post :blushing:, can't wait to find out who did vote for life.

We'll find out soon enough simply by a process of elimination. I would like to hear from the jurors who voted for life. Well, as long as their explanations make sense. Being enamoured by JA or thinking she was abused = not good!

My best educated guess is that the DT, unless completely guided by the killer again, will stipulate to DD's BPD and not bring back RS and ALV.

But, when the killer hears how the jury felt, such as 18, the sky may be the limit for her.

She will risk it all on what she thinks influenced the most and she will spread it on thick and most likely get caught in more lies because she can't help herself or listen to reason.

I seems unfair that JA would be "allowed new epiphanies" at the retrial.
This will end up an whole new trial, it's kinda BS, just sentence her! :floorlaugh:

I really wish the MC DA would man up and let JSS give JA LWOP asap. I think the odds of 12 more jurors giving her the death penalty are slim or none.

So Rose, do you think it was all males that voted for life...very interesting but wouldn't surprise me now that I have heard from JF.

I probably had a couple of women in there before foreman opened his mouth!
LOL.

Seriously though I don't think gender or age makes a difference. It's just fun guessing.

But where in the plan does the bank account fit in? Why was she making those odd deposits?

Maybe when she went to Mesa, she used it as an excuse to invite herself over. Such as: "Travis, check the bank account I opened so you can withdraw the car payments out of there?"

She owed Travis money and I think there was some shady business going on.

Maybe she had to pad that acct. before it was investigated for fraud?

I won't quote ALV because almost every single word out of her mouth caused me to almost fall off my chair and exclaim 'Woman, Your BS is infinite!'

How about her answer to a jury question about who was a bigger victim of DV, JA with her cut finger or Travis with 27 knife wounds, a bullet to his head and a slit throat? Of course her answer was JA:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500