SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, same judge, prosecutor, defendant, defense attorneys (Willmott stated to some media her and Nurmi are staying).

Some of the same witnesses (here's hoping that Samuels, ALV, guy with mustache don't make a reappearance).

The witnesses don't come back. They already testified, and the jury already came to a unanimous decision of murder 1. They are only retrying the penalty phase, so all the testimony and evidence are already on record. They can't go through new testimony with the witnesses because a) it isn't necessary, b) new testimony would be different than what they already testified to, and c) the defense can't retry the guilt/innocence phase since that's already been decided.

They aren't retrying the whole case, only the penalty phase with the new jury. The new jury will be given whatever evidence the prosecution decides they should know to bring them up to speed on the facts of the case and told that Jodi was found guilty of murder 1 and guilty of the crime being especially cruel. The defense can only use mitigating factors as to why her life should be spared. Jodi can probably give her statement again, and maybe they can find some people to testify to plead to save her life as they couldn't before... that I don't know about. They may have to go with just Jodi's statement since that's what they did the first time around.

It won't take a long time since the case itself is not being retried - only the penalty phase is being retried, but the new jury has to be informed on the facts of the case that have already been determined. What is going to take a long time is finding 12 jurors plus alternates that haven't heard about this case and that are also death qualified.

Everyone else stays the same... same prosecutor, same defense counsel, same judge, same defendant, etc.

I'm curious to know whether or not JM can bring in all those ridiculous interviews that Jodi did after recently throwing everyone including the jury under the bus.

<respectfully snipped>

Do we have information about how privileges or lack thereof are different from Estrella to Perryville? Suppose it is LWOP, do we have to be subjected to endless pontificating through a Twitter account, more lying interviews and other bs? The appearance that it's sorority life for a twisted prom queen is revolting.

I am not for or against any particular punishment at this point. I just want her to grab a hot, steaming cup of STFU. No more coverage, no more public delusions of grandeur. Go the **** away, lock her up and throw away the key so the family can find a measure of peace.

Here is a couple of videos to detail what her life will be like @ Perryville.

Jodi Arias Rose colored glasses - Revised and Narrated - YouTube

Jodi Arias & Solitary Confinement - YouTube

So sorry you experienced that horror, TXP. The 8-4 split has convinced me that a death verdict outcome in a Round 2 is futile pursuit, given the facts of this case. The delay will only give JA a reprieve from what awaits her at Perryville, cost AZ taxpayers another million, and put a gazillion more pennies in the DT's kettles. If I believed there was a realistic hope of a different outcome, I'd be all for it.

This might sound immature but I hate the thought of giving JA a theater to bring in new BS and trash Travis even more.
She is evil and vile and runs the DT show, this retrial will be her swan song in epic proportions!
I want her sentenced to death but I don't want her to have the luxury of a retrial.

JA is no more dangerous than any other killer who we know truly did commit the crime and has been convicted of it. They're ALL dangerous. That's why they are where they are. Is someone who stabs 98 times "more" dangerous than someone who stabs 27 times? How about someone who shoots 3 times? Are they less dangerous than someone who bludgeons? At some point it gets to be a ridiculous argument.

JA is as dangerous as the others. She will be well-controlled in prison. She didn't kill anyone in Estrella and that's been 5 years. The rest of this is people imagining and fantasizing what they think her life will be like.

The obsession with JA continues all the way past the prison doors. "It's not enough that her life is over and she'll live in a box. Nohhh, not enough! Make her sufferrrrrr every minute of every day!" To that sentiment, if JA's day-to-day and minute-by-minute existence in prison in the future is that important then she's gotten into each person's psyche.

And for those who argue the other inmates aren't 'safe,' please. No one here was worried about these inmates before. JA will be just another inmate and subject to the same controls and limitations.

There are people who kill for sport and there are people who kill once and never kill again. So the number of stab wounds is irrelevant in terms of likelihood of killing again. The number of stab wounds is relevant in terms of brutality.

Estrella is a county jail that's pretty much a holding area or purgatory for people serving light sentences or who are waiting for trial. Perryville is a medium/maximum security prison filled with people who've been convicted and aren't going anywhere until their sentences are up, they're paroled or they die.

CMja poses no physical threat to the inmates at her new home. She's a coward who got the best of a person who trusted her. She's a sniveling little girl about to get turned out at Perryville.

Unless she has affiliations going in she's at the whim of the inmates.

If she picks fights and reports inmates at Perryville the way she did at Estrella, she won't have to worry about serving out a life sentence.

That's a fact.

Calling total recall memory types. On HLN Mystery Detective yesterday there was a case when a detective was asked about a crime, he said most first time muderers go through a forgetful blank out phase after they kill someone. He coined a phrase to describe this phase and it was three words I can't remember to save my life.

Were we all napping to the same channel yesterday? IIRC, he referred to it as the brain going "full tilt boogie."

This might sound immature but I hate the thought of giving JA a theater to bring in new BS and trash Travis even more.
She is evil and vile and runs the DT show, this retrial will be her swan song in epic proportions!
I want her sentenced to death but I don't want her to have the luxury of a retrial.

We all hate it, but she is going to throw the trash as long as she lives.

BBM~ And we have a B-I-N-G-O. :rocker: I'm leaning it was a money thing that threw Travis over the edge. She scammed him somehow (ID Fraud?). Ironically enough isn't that what PPL sells? ID Fraud protection?

Didn't Juan want to be bring in a fraud expert?

Last night I decided to start watching from the beginning (it painful to hear Wilmott ask same questions day 3 as she did over again on the last day :banghead:) but I'm wondering if jodi did commit fraud and the DT got it out of evidence the same way CA got all her stolen check evidence out of the murder trial...

The witnesses don't come back. They already testified, and the jury already came to a unanimous decision of murder 1. They are only retrying the penalty phase, so all the testimony and evidence are already on record. They can't go through new testimony with the witnesses because a) it isn't necessary, b) new testimony would be different than what they already testified to, and c) the defense can't retry the guilt/innocence phase since that's already been decided.

They aren't retrying the whole case, only the penalty phase with the new jury. The new jury will be given whatever evidence the prosecution decides they should know to bring them up to speed on the facts of the case and told that Jodi was found guilty of murder 1 and guilty of the crime being especially cruel. The defense can only use mitigating factors as to why her life should be spared. Jodi can probably give her statement again, and maybe they can find some people to testify to plead to save her life as they couldn't before... that I don't know about. They may have to go with just Jodi's statement since that's what they did the first time around.

It won't take a long time since the case itself is not being retried - only the penalty phase is being retried, but the new jury has to be informed on the facts of the case that have already been determined. What is going to take a long time is finding 12 jurors plus alternates that haven't heard about this case and that are also death qualified.

Everyone else stays the same... same prosecutor, same defense counsel, same judge, same defendant, etc.

I'm curious to know whether or not JM can bring in all those ridiculous interviews that Jodi did after recently throwing everyone including the jury under the bus.

I don't think this can be completely correct because the mitigation charge in the penalty phase allows the jury to consider any evidence at trial which they find to be mitigating. They aren't limited to the statutory mitigators or even to the mitigators presented by the defense. I don't know how/if the evidence from the first trial would be presented to them, but I don't think they could eliminate all of it and be consistent with the jury charge. And it's a constitutional issue, so I don't think there can be a different mitigation charge for the second jury. This would be a good question for Azlawyer!

That's the one. So the Banker guy- who would he be- in WS world?

this is who kcl tweeted who these 3 jurors were
Kathy Monkman &#8207;@katiecoolady 1h

@word_34 I saw that, "Maureen, Nancy and The Wrestler" didn't let us down!

I think they will. I heard the county attorney speaking on a radio show on Friday saying that whatever their decision is, it won't be based on financial considerations or public opinion. This suggests to me that he knows the decision they're likely to make will appear to be based on exactly those two things. Which further suggests to me that they won't re-try her and that the decision will, in fact, be based on financial considerations and public opinion. lol

DA position is political. I would guess that the public sentiment, aka voters, will play a role in this decision as well..JMO

Wendi Andriano "Snapped" is on Oxygen right now.

I don't know if Debra Milke is still on AZ death row since her sentence was recently overturned, but she and another woman are each there for killing a young child. Wendi is there because she murdered her young husband, father of their two children, because his cancer wasn't killing him fast enough for her. She'd gotten one of her lovers to take the insurance physical posing as her dh iirc. When his poisoned stew didn't kill him at dinner one night, she crashed a chair into his head and beat him to death with a chair leg. There may have been some stabbing too, but the crime went something like I've described. If she'd had a diagnosed personality disorder, she wouldn't be on death row imo. And neither will JA, unfortunately.

There are too many haha ...trying to get a good recommendation from someone who has stayed at one.. I will check into the icon...you have stayed there?

no, but i have a friend who did and she thought it was lovely. don't hold me responsible though!!!! anything you find downtown won't be over a mile from toyota center and there are many to choose from.

i hope you enjoy houston and the concert. i saw fleetwood mac back around 1980 and they were great. stevie's a personal hero of mine too. she's just a really incredible person from everything i've read about her, and i've read a LOT about her.

I think the young guy may have voted life.

He reminds me of other young ones on juries and blogs that think that people like JA are entitled....kind of a so what or maybe she had to type attitude. The ones who like to go against the grain of majority just cuz it's fun to type....

IMO....

which young guy?? the one they called paul rudd?? cuz the guy on gma said her voted death

DA position is political. I would guess that the public sentiment, aka voters, will play a role in this decision as well..JMO

Definitely. That's the "public opinion" he was referring to imo. I don't think he meant the opinion of the general public, just the local taxpayers/voters.

I think they will. I heard the county attorney speaking on a radio show on Friday saying that whatever their decision is, it won't be based on financial considerations or public opinion. This suggests to me that he knows the decision they're likely to make will appear to be based on exactly those two things. Which further suggests to me that they won't re-try her and that the decision will, in fact, be based on financial considerations and public opinion. lol

But does CKja have to agree to this deal?

If they go to trial again and they again lose the DP then it goes to Life, but does it leave the door open for parole?

If she has a shot at parole, I don't think she'll accept the deal.

If anyone could clear this up for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Jurors are now saying they liked each other and coalesced.

Maybe this is what worked against true deliberations.

No one wanted to confront or discuss differing opinions. I know "confront" is not a word that is used as instruction ....but to confront un-objective thinking. It bothered me that they said they followed the law, but only spent 2 days discussing a long trial. Didn't they review the evidence? Two days is just not enough time. imo

I think you made a really good point. People generally are afraid of confrontation and they don't want to make waves.

The jurors probably bonded quickly and for as long as the trial lasted, I agree it probably worked against their objectivity.

But imagine what could have happened if they'd been sequestered with Mr. Foreman for five long months. :eek:

I don't know if Debra Milke is still on AZ death row since her sentence was recently overturned, but she and another woman are each there for killing a young child. Wendi is there because she murdered her young husband, father of their two children, because his cancer wasn't killing him fast enough for her. She'd gotten one of her lovers to take the insurance physical posing as her dh iirc. When his poisoned stew didn't kill him at dinner one night, she crashed a chair into his head and beat him to death with a chair leg. There may have been some stabbing too, but the crime went something like I've described. If she'd had a diagnosed personality disorder, she wouldn't be on death row imo. And neither will JA, unfortunately.

or if he hadn't been ill and/or if she hadn't done it for money, imo

which young guy?? the one they called paul rudd?? cuz the guy on gma said her voted death

Isn't there a young one who wears hoodies and slumps in his chair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500