SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The foreman reminds me of the last holdout in the Andriano DP. I firmly believe that if they continued to deliberate and take some time over a long weekend (as they did in the Andriano case) the holdouts could have seen that they were being manipulated. But that probably took some very assertive and patient jurors to give the last few some time and reconsider. Thnk about...the Andriano jury started at 11-1 for Life and ended with the DP. I suspect, and this is totally suspect....the holdouts ended unthinking too much about Jodi, and not enough about what Jodi did to Travis. The fact that they will never know why, and that she will never show remorse, and that they didn't believe her means that they should have focused on the mitigaters....which were some form of a taffy stretch if I ever saw one. I honestly don't care whether they would have agreed to life, or death. I just wish they would have agreed. There is no way, no way, that JSS would sentence Jodi to anything less than LWOP. She knows that Jodi was found with knives and a well hidden gun at the time she was apprehended. She knows about the forged letters....she knows Jodi and has seen the likes of these killers, both male and female. Do we know when Jodi gets transferred to Perryville? Do we have to wait until the next phase is over or they decide on LWOP? Jodi might be more inclined to take LWOP now that she knows her little act didn't win over the majority. I have a feeling, we may not see a new jury.

ITA. I wonder if the foreman may have inadvertently opened up a can of ageist worms?

My mom and dad are both 60+.

My mom, much to my horror even though I love her madly, is 100% opposed to the death penalty. When I asked her if she could have voted to execute Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy or Gary Ridgeway, she said no. No chance she would put JA to death. :facepalm:

My father otoh, would probably be okay with sending me to death row if I bogarted his last can of Dr. Pepper. He could inject JA full of poison himself and be home in time to watch the Raiders game.

Unfortunately, yes. I'm glad this topic has been brought up. I cringe at myself that, even in jest, I picked out the older men on the jury as having voted for life. :slap: myself! :blushing:

@Redlippsy 1m

I can't stop wondering if places were switched btwn #jodiarias & Foreman, if she would also judge him by his looks and spare him from DP

----

Initially instinct said no but if the CM could identify with the Foreman the same way.....

Doubt it....empathy ain't her strong suit.

:twocents::twocents: I have;

Juror No. 1 - Church Lady
Juror No. 12 - Neil
Juror No. 17 - Ponytail
Juror No. 18 - The Artist (Identified as JF William Zervakos)

TX. Juror 17 has said she would have voted for death. She is tweeting lots...:)

BBM~ And we have a B-I-N-G-O. :rocker: I'm leaning it was a money thing that threw Travis over the edge. She scammed him somehow (ID Fraud?). Ironically enough isn't that what PPL sells? ID Fraud protection?

Didn't Juan want to be bring in a fraud expert?

What ever happened with regards to UHaul? I thought they were trying to get UHaul to accept responsibility for the car. Did that get settled or did they settle with JA and TA found out? I don't remember what the outcome was, does anyone know?

My father otoh, would probably be okay with sending me to death row if I bogarted his last can of Dr. Pepper. He could inject JA full of poison himself and be home in time to watch the Raiders game.

Well, to be fair, we are talking Dr. Pepper here! :rockon:

I don't understand why we haven't heard what's on Jodi's computer already. I mean, Juanamania got MURDER 1 and EXTREME CRUELTY without it, but I betcha they're going to find things like "How to kill someone by stabbing them through the heart," and "How to clean up after a particularly bloody murder"!

Her comp's hard drive was conveniently "destroyed"

Have any of the interviews pointed out to the foreman, more of the negative points he did not get to hear during the trial about JA?

I'm certain I can't post the link but there is a forum that discusses what to expect during the transition between Estrella and Perryville.

Addresses questions from people who are either heading to Perryville, have relatives about to be transferred there or experiences from people who've served their time there.

But...but...can ya pretty please pm me the linky?:seeya:

i've always thought it was something he would have been terribly embarrassed by, which is why he didn't tell anyone. none of his friends liked her but i think TA thought he understood her better than they did, and that's why he stayed in contact with her. idealistic to a fault! and i think she did something that proved to him his friends were RIGHT, and he felt like a fool and was also badly hurt that he'd been so wrong about her.

so that could be a lot of things----that's just my theory about what a big deal this 'thing' was.

I think he discovered how she scammed him, probably criminally, imo, threatened to expose her, she whipped out the phone sex recording as blackmail..
then her murder plan went into full gear.
imo

Isn't there a young one who wears hoodies and slumps in his chair?

i think that was poquito, thats the one the said was always slumped in the chair - he was the one excused for medical reasons juror 11

Good morning all. My thoughts on JF Bill, his interviews, and the response to those interviews;

He stated that inmate A was being "crucified in the court of public opinion", therefore he should know the mood of the people, so it stands to reason (?) that he should stop doing interviews given his CRYSTAL CLEAR sympathy for the defendent as evidenced by his statements.

I love the freedom of speech we are afforded in this country. But with it comes an important caveat; freedom of speech works both ways and sometimes you reap what you sow. My observation is that he should perhaps back away and gain some perspective at this time.

People should ignore him and any others associated with him and maybe he will slip back into obscurity.

If there are death threats to ANY juror it should be investigated by LE if these threats are serious enough.

Rose222, good morning and ITA with you I very thankful for the jurors that you mentioned. And honestly, I am grateful beyond measure that there was a M1 verdict WITH AGGRAVATING factors.
So, silly question perhaps, but how on earth did he know she was being crucified in the court of public opinion? Was he referring to the 24 hours (or less) that he was able to read newspapers and watch news of the case? Because surely, he abided by the judge's admonition, right?

ETA: According to AZLawyer you are correct Karmady. The family does not have to agree if a deal is offered.:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Jodi Arias Legal Question and Answer Thread *no discussion*

DP cases are different from all of the lesser crimes.

Sure the prosecutor may try to talk the family out of it due to time and money, without ever really saying that. It will be more about emotional damage to the family and all concerned. The family must be consulted and it will move forward as such. At least in this state, Arizona may be different, but I don't think so. Maybe we should see if AZLawyer has already answered in the lawyer question thread.

Thanks merc. I was just looking in the statutes and I found this one, but not a separate one for capital crimes. So I'm thinking this is the one that applies here:

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/04423.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500