SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is a perfect example of why many oppose the DP. 18 clearly sympathized with the killer, but even he voted for 1st degree murder because the law was specific about what constituted premeditation and because the State proved premed beyond any reasonable doubt. Likewise, the law was crystal clear about what "cruelty" meant, and again, the evidence presented was irrefutable --Travis suffered immensely.

Law governing the penalty phase veers off the cliff into the subjective. Each juror is allowed to decide whether or not the killer's life has "worth" and thus should be spared, gets to use their own moral compass to find , define, and weigh mitigating factors, needs a low burden of proof to justify their view, and given the subjectivity of the process, doesn't in fact have to "prove" their view in any meaningful ways to their fellow jurors.

No wonder that DP cases are never a slam dunk.

Could it be possible that CKJA told Travis she was pregnant, but only told him that after she says she had an abortion. Even though it would of course all be a lie and she made that up to hurt him and to get back at him and just to mess with his head. Only reason I thought this could be it , is when Travis said she hurt him more than when his father died. If this is totally off the wall...keep in mind I am stressed and tired.

Anything is possible with that vicious waste of flesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it was the sex tape. Think about it. She tape it without his knowledge, I am certain of that.. It would destroy him and his life as he knew it. Of course he would feel utterly betrayed by her. And of course he would not tell anyone. Remember some of the things said in that tape, tie you to a tree etc. If it was money, or stealing or a number of other things I believe he would have told at least one person, but he would not ever, ever tell anyone about that tape. my opinion only.

I am also positive this is exactly what Travis was upset about in the May 26 text. Having that come out could have endangered his career and certainly his standing in the Church.

MOO

Ironic, today is May 26, five long years later...

But if it was the sex tape why would he allow her to take naked pictures of him? It just does not make sense to me.

Why did it matter to the foreman if Juan was "condescending"? He's an adult right? Did he have to get revenge on the prosecution for the unforgivable act of being perceived as condescending? Emotional, child like thinking.

Hey now, hey now ... that's CMja's bodyguard you're talking about there. :floorlaugh:

This case is a perfect example of why many oppose the DP. 18 clearly sympathized with the killer, but even he voted for 1st degree murder because the law was specific about what constituted premeditation and because the State proved premed beyond any reasonable doubt. Likewise, the law was crystal clear about what "cruelty" meant, and again, the evidence presented was irrefutable --Travis suffered immensely.

The law governing the penalty phase veers off the cliff into the subjective. Each juror is allowed to decide whether or not the killer's life has "worth" and thus should be spared, gets to use their own moral compass to find , define, and weigh mitigating factors, needs a low burden of proof to justify their view, and given the subjectivity of the process, doesn't in in fact have to "prove" their view in any neaningful ways to their fellow jurors.

No wonder that DP cases are never a slam dunk.

I think we need to do away with the DP all together. IMO it IS too much to ask of ordinary citizens. On that I will agree with Foreman...However... That said, he had no business being even a sitting juror on this case if that what he believed.

I am also positive this is exactly what Travis was upset about in the May 26 text. Having that come out could have endangered his career and certainly his standing in the Church.

MOO

Ironic, today is May 26, five long years later...

Tara Kelley #17 said on twitter she has a theory on this that she will talk about on DD tuesday night. (the angry text)

Could it be possible that CKJA told Travis she was pregnant, but only told him that after she says she had an abortion. Even though it would of course all be a lie and she made that up to hurt him and to get back at him and just to mess with his head. Only reason I thought this could be it , is when Travis said she hurt him more than when his father died. If this is totally off the wall...keep in mind I am stressed and tired.

I have wondered if she told him she had an abortion too. My sons ex girlfriend did that to him. She told him 6 months later. He never knew she was pregnant. He went off the deep end over it. I have never seen him so devastated.

IF your son is still interested Pm me..I will connect him with my daughter..She is now in Broward County ..transferred frm Miami Dade

Thats where my daughter lives also. She talking about hurricane season starting up soon. She likes them.

I have wondered if she told him she had an abortion too. My sons ex girlfriend did that to him. She told him 6 months later. He never knew she was pregnant. He went off the deep end over it. I have never seen him so devastated.

I don't think so. If that was it...I can't imagine him having sex with her on June 4th. A week later.

I think we need to do away with the DP all together. IMO it IS too much to ask of ordinary citizens. On that I will agree with Foreman...However... That said, he had no business being even a sitting juror on this case if that what he believed.

Rather than doing away with get professional juries or allow judges the ability to give it out.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting read on the foreperson's remarks by Camille Kimball:

http://camillekimball.blogspot.com/2013/05/jury-foreman-for-jodi-arias-crime.html

THANK-YOU, Phoebeb, for this. I have been on T/O with my satellite internet connection for too much "usage" and have just been able to use my computer today (I. HATE. SATELLITE.:banghead:). I'm trying to catch up with all the posts and have missed being on WS for about 2 weeks. I have only been able to see the jury foremen's interview through HLN (I don't get the major channels- NBC, CBS, etc because I live in the sticks and there are "too many trees in the way of the sky"- so the satellite co. has told me). HLN has been very stingy with the foreman's interview. I have not been able to see the whole interview or the other 3 juror's interviews or all of JA's new interviews, (I dare not go to you-tube or press on the links that everyone here has posted because I don't want another T/O from the COMPANY). I was wondering if there is any transcripts of the jurors or JA's new interviews for me to read???

I was outraged with the foreman's statements about his belief that JA was "emotionally and verbally abused". How he conceived this bull in his old mind is so telling of his age (and I'm not knocking old people- I am 63 yrs old and may be in the same cohort as he is in) and the era that he grew up in.
And for him to see JA and find it hard for her to do the horrendous things she did- what does a murderer look like?? Sexist is the word I use for him. If JA were a man or ugly (or dare I say, African-American), would she "look" like a murderer?? :banghead: -would it have been easier for him to see JA for what she is- A MURDERER, most foul!!!! I still don't know what else he has said- probably more of the same BULL. Maybe he should have looked at the photos of Travis' mutulated body some more or put, either his own son or family member, in Travis' place.
To say Travis was "abusive" because he read one text where Travis was very angry, when there was soooo many other texts, is absurd and irrational in my mind. What is wrong with him???? :banghead: :stormingmad:
They need to get a younger jury, who understands THIS generation and what goes on in the dating world now. This old man was not JA's "peer".

I'm so distaught that the jury could not come to a decision.
I think I have PTSD because every night I put my head on my pillow, I see JA slaughtering Travis- every knife wound, neck slash, and gun shot, dragging him to the shower, washing him off. I can't seem to let this go and my mind is so messed-up. I cry a lot lately and have even fought with my son today about texting, etc. and being careful (I don't think my son is a murderer), etc.

Sorry for the long rant, but I feel as if I'm decending into madness :blushing:.

I thought I would give the State vs Jodi Arias Facebook page as it's helped me in catching me up on some of what's been going on with some of the Jury and hopefully can be of some help to others.. https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis?ref=stream

:( I must say I am mortified. The Foreman, has done so many interviews it's hard to keep up and what he is saying has made me so uneasy my hair is standing on end. I do not feel like things were handled correctly by him but it is what it is and it can not be changed.

What a pleasure to watch the videos of the other Jurors. :) They are kind, intelligent down to earth people who took their duty serious. The one who tried to mouth how sorry she was, my goodness she sounds heart broken. I hope the family can see not everyone was the same as the Foreman seemed to claim (moo). There was many emotions and feelings that differed greatly and some of these jury members are hurting for the family, very, very much. My respect goes out to them.

My list of links in my bookmarks for the jury is growing and growing now. I will continue to save them in case a thread is set up to respectfully share the Jury's attempts to reach out whether by news, twitter or facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa