SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she did her journal fiction writing before she was arrested. During the police interrogations she all but drew out a map for Flores and the FO about where to find them and what might be in them. Part of her smear Travis show, along with the undies she labelled herself and took a photo of. She planned to drag him in the mud long before she came up with her self defense farce.

I just read the book "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn.

Anybody else read it? Reminded me so much of the convicted murderer.

I think when JA heard that question she must of figured that if she said yes the jury would know she was lying through her teeth. She had no intention of ever getting caught. But if she said no they would know what an un-remorseful murderer she was. So she said she didn't know. Which was a lie. She knew damn well that if she could have gotten away with it she would have happily. That was the plan all along. She had nearly 6 weeks to turn herself in if she was going to. Instead, even when asked point blank she told one bold faced lie after another. Does that sound like a person that would have even considered turning herself in?

I've wondered what Jodi would've done if Travis wasn't found as quickly as he was. Would she have gone to his house and tried version #whatever and said that she FOUND his body? She could've maybe taken the camera from the washing machine, tried to say her bloody hand print was put on the wall as she fell to the floor after seeing his body in the shower??? jtol

I just read the book "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn.

Anybody else read it? Reminded me so much of the convicted murderer.

Yes! All that careful planning. And the obsessive desire to make her husband pay (I forget the wife's name). So similar to JA. It's like both have the same core belief: "Nobody can go against my desires and get away with it because I am the centre of the universe."

I hope some one asks the jurors what they thought of Jodi's powerpoint. That was the most ridiculous thing I ever saw. 'Let me live so I can sell t-shirts and grow my hair'

The jurors are chastized for not remembering every single word.

Yet you had to go look this up and spend quite a bit of time transcribing and analyzing. And got to watch it as many times as you wanted.

They didn't have that option.

I fail to understand why people expect jurors to act like robots with a hard-drive. They came, they listened, they convicted her of 1st degree muirder.

Any criticism of them is very misplaced, IMO. Unless you've walked a mile in their shoes........

It would be very classy if they weren't accused of "not paying attention." Because they obviously were.

Throw all the tomatoes you want, I am very disappointed in the personal attacks on the jurors from this board, just because it didn't go one way. The jurors did their best job, I doubt anyone here would have done any "better" so again, those throwing out things like "ignored" "didn't pay attention" need to take a good look in somebody's mirror.

And then spend 5 months in trial purgatory before you tell us how much you didn't pay attention. IMO you'd be defending the same actions you are villifying.

You'd be pretty damn insulted to read you ignored evidence and didn't pay attention. Especailly from someone who had unfettered access to all the trial info and a heck of a lot more. Pretty damn insulted IMO.

Don't jurors have the option of asking for testimony transcripts?

OK, why me. Travis must have had some warning signals. I believe he had friends that didn't want JA in their house. We probably have no idea what some of the other crazy things she pulled. How long did it take you as an outsider to understand she was a bit nits...couple of days, a week at the most?
The fishing was just too good, common sense has to kick in eventually.

She was freaking everyone else out, if the interviews I've seen are any indication. She probably put on her best act EVER for Travis, and, by the time he knew she was a sociopath, it was too late.

I don't believe he invited her over June 4th. He didn't see it coming at all, IMO. :moo:

I've wondered what Jodi would've done if Travis wasn't found as quickly as he was. Would she have gone to his house and tried version #whatever and said that she FOUND his body? She could've maybe taken the camera from the washing machine, tried to say her bloody hand print was put on the wall as she fell to the floor after seeing his body in the shower??? jtol

I think somehow she would have insinuated herself into the "discovery."

I think that during the time between the killing and the finding of the body she must have been going insane. But I think her biggest worry was that he had been found and no one figured she was important enough to call. *That's* the kind of rejection that she can't stand.

The jurors are chastized for not remembering every single word.

Yet you had to go look this up and spend quite a bit of time transcribing and analyzing. And got to watch it as many times as you wanted.

They didn't have that option.

I fail to understand why people expect jurors to act like robots with a hard-drive. They came, they listened, they convicted her of 1st degree muirder.

Any criticism of them is very misplaced, IMO. Unless you've walked a mile in their shoes........

It would be very classy if they weren't accused of "not paying attention." Because they obviously were.

Throw all the tomatoes you want, I am very disappointed in the personal attacks on the jurors from this board, just because it didn't go one way. The jurors did their best job, I doubt anyone here would have done any "better" so again, those throwing out things like "ignored" "didn't pay attention" need to take a good look in somebody's mirror.

And then spend 5 months in trial purgatory before you tell us how much you didn't pay attention. IMO you'd be defending the same actions you are villifying.

You'd be pretty damn insulted to read you ignored evidence and didn't pay attention. Especailly from someone who had unfettered access to all the trial info and a heck of a lot more. Pretty damn insulted IMO.

:twocents: My original post was NOT intended to bash the jury -- it was simply to point out what 4 jurors CHOSE to listen to and/or CHOSE to ignore ...

And IMO, they were NOT paying attention or they chose not to consider what Juan said ... MOO !

:waitasec: All of the jurors were given notebooks and were able to take notes -- and -- there were 12 + 3 alternates listening as well ... so at least 1 of them MUST HAVE HEARD WHAT JUAN SAID in his Closing Argument for the Penalty Phase ...

:moo:

Any woman can do that. They likely at one point had some explosive chemistry, he had never dealt with a woman like her and it was a new, fascinating, and awesome ride for a while. Until her other side showed and stuff. I think she was quite pretty pre-jail. All of that drew him in.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

at some point we talked about this, and were told AZ judges almost never do read-backs of testimony. they're told to rely on their notes and memory.

I'm not so sure that 5 days is quick :(

But to your point... I am sometimes just as fascinated in the perpetrator's future plan as much as I am in the reason why they did it in the first place.

No doubt she had numerous different scenarios worked out in her head for how to deal with the aftermath.

To this day, I am still completely bamboozled as to what Casey Anthony was planning to do while enjoying her 31 day vacation. At some point she either had to go home and explain where the heck Caylee was... or... she would have had to go on the run and disappear, I guess. That one really was a mind-bender.

So lets ignore all the personality problems and enjoy the %#$@ as long as we can? Something just doesn't fit here?

I was also thinking that Travis may have been down on himself, because he might have felt he wasn't living up to the Mormon standard that says "no sex before marriage." Maybe he felt that he had lowered himself, so Jodi would have met that low standard, and have been kind of a punishment Travis inflicted on himself, to pay for his transgressions (all of this would be subconscious, of course). :twocents:

Otherwise, it's hard to explain why this attractive, popular, smart guy would have had anything to do with her, especially with all the warnings from people Travis respected.

at some point we talked about this, and were told AZ judges almost never do read-backs of testimony. they're told to rely on their notes and memory.

jurors couldn't ask for a transcript?

So lets ignore all the personality problems and enjoy the anal as long as we can? Something just doesn't fit here?

I don't think it was JUST about the sex. And i also don't think they had anal sex as often as CMJA says they did. I think they had vaignal sex more often, but CMJA knows anal sex is to her benefit for the case, so she has highly exxagerated it.

I think Travis got sucked into something he shouldn't have, obviously. I think he actually cared about her on some weird level. Didn't Sky Hughes say that one time he forwarded an e-mail from CMJA where she talked about wanting to commit suicide, and he called Sky frantically and said omigosh, what should i do?? And Sky read the e-mail and knew she was lying. I am really surprised that didn't make it into the trial, b/c it shows she was using suicide as a tool with him. That shows that he really cared, I mean he could have just said okay, whatever, that's not my problem if you're a psycho. But he didn't b/c he was actually HUMAN, unlike CMJA. And it also shows how gullible he was, and she could EASILY play him.

I don't think it was all about sex...that's just what the defense has, successfully, made us all believe. Of course, they would want the jurors to think that.

My understanding - no. They can have parts read back to them. The transcript isn't even finished yet, I would guess. That takes months and all parties have to sign off on accuracy.

I find criticism or thinking for the jurors (what they "chose" to listen to....who knows that unless they've had a personal interview?) out of line, tasteless and a show of a complete lack of class. Especailly, especially when the one doing the slamming has all the resources to play over and over and analyze when the jurors heard it once.

but that's just my opinion.

If some juror announced that they quit paying attention on day two, used eenie-meanie-miney-mo to vote, there's some room for criticism there. Has that happened? I'm not aware.

but according to the foreman, it was TA's 'emotional abuse' that set off her plans and the eventual killing. isn't that pretty much what he's saying?

as for me, you're preaching to the choir. normal people don't become skilled liars overnight. she's been lying and manipulating all her life to get what she wants. i just don't think the state did a thorough job explaining what's wrong with her, and that's troubling.
i'm just astonished anyone believed she was normal before she met him (so this is kinda HIS fault, right?) or that he physically abused her. where's the evidence of that??????? there is ZERO evidence he ever physically abused anyone in his life.

and it's my firm conviction that TA was dead no matter what he did. she couldn't get on with her life as long as he was alive.

ITA once I heard the full "context" of the email(s)--post ALV-- it became apparent to me that he had something on her, and that threat was what set her off. In her mind he would,have ruined everything; she appeared to already be working toward a new "prospect," and if Travis stood in her way...

IMO, MOO and all that :)

Don't know about Arizona law, but in California in my juror experience the answer is no.

When we needed a portion of testimony read back, we had to wait for the court reporter and all counsel, and then only the one single sentence was read back, not the entire witness's testimony.

(Fortunately, in our case, for the holdout, that one sentence was sufficient).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milkjug