SIDEBAR #10- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorite posters, and I missed your pic. :(
oxoxox, Tulessa.
And to think we've been accused of being "no-life bloggers". Seeing the beauty of everyone here, both inside and out...nothing could be further from the truth.

I just wanted to share this with you all. I had one of my proudest moments yesterday. A 42 year dream that came true and I believe it is from the many well wishes, prayers and kind thoughts you all sent into the Universe.

I am pretty much bedridden and do not get out much. Yesterday was an exception. My yearling Dutch Warmblood/ Throroughbred cross filly showed at the Devon Horse Show. Devon is one of the most prestigious horse shows in the country and attracts the best riders from the US and around the world. I had a filly named Adaire born 2/24/12 that I had bred to a borrowed TB mare by a young Dutch stallion named Amazing. As I was so ill at the time and breeding was on my bucket list I thought I would go for it. I got a beautiful bay filly with lots of white (chrome). My breeder and vet told me she was really nice. I said ok, thinking they were just being nice.
I entered her in the breeding classes at Devon in the PA bred yearling fillies. A handler showed her as I watched with my husband and daughters. She was FIRST and won a beautiful blue ribbon and silver plate. I stared at the scoreboard that stated 1st Place with my name as owner. I started sobbing. I have wished for this since I was 14, that I would someday have a horse nice enough to go to Devon. I never expected to win.

Wishes can come true, even after 42 years. I told my husband that I wanted that blue ribbon in my coffin whenever that day comes.

Thank you to all of you who never knew who you were sending prayers and well wishes to some months ago. They have touched me in so many ways. That blue ribbon was for you, too.

Thanks again from the bottom of my heart.

I have tears rolling my cheeks ..what a beautiful story

Lol I found a very old picture. I really dislike having my picture taken, so I don't have many to speak of - and this one is probably almost 10 years old! I'm 52 and I have shoulder length hair now... Anyhow, I am so glad to SEE everyone.

And to Zuri:
Devon! Wow. Major congrats!!! Thank you for the story. I have dreams of breeding an Affenpinscher someday that will win at Westminster Kennel Club. I was crazy happy that one won this year, the first one ever, but someday when I have time I want to get back into dog showing and breed a gorgeous little winner of my very own. I used to want to be the first, but oh well... A winner is a winner, lol, right? Your story is so very inspiring!

Hi elmomom! What a beautiful smile you have. :seeya:

It's been such fun seeing everyone today.

BBM Love, love long hair on men :floorlaugh: ask anyone here that knows some of my posts :floorlaugh:.
Men should grow their hair again- sooooo sexy :blushing:.

Our son has always kept his hair short in a military style haircut but about a year ago he began to grow it long and at first I didn't like it as it was growing out but now.........WOW! He is gorgeous if I may say so myself. His hair is black, thick, silky, and very shiny. His wife loves it this way.

Everyone that knows him thinks he looks like a movie star.

He is 38 but looks maybe late 20s with a beautiful complexion and dark eyes.

He looks nothing like his mom though but that's ok.:) I always say I have to keep his birth certificate handy to prove he is mine.:floorlaugh: He looks like his dad.

IMO

I have yet to share any music yet I have so enjoyed the music that has been shared.

I grew up near a place called Tanglewood, the summer home of the Boston symphony. Back in the day, the 70's mostly Tanglewood also held popular concerts, like The Who, Santana, Jethro Tull, Chicago, etc. Those were stopped quite a few years ago now although we still have James Taylor who lives nearby and always plays there every summer (his current wife worked for the Boston symphony).

So, this is my "local" music, so to speak...

No summer is complete without Sweet Baby James . Listen for the crowd shouting for "Stockbridge"-this was the one from 2010 with Carole King and Yo Yo Ma-have heard it every year since I was 10 I think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBaAeSNMLrU

When I was a teen two of my faves to hear were James Taylor and Carly Simon. He also performed with Joni Mitchell and Carole King a lot back then at Tanglewood and the Music Inn in the Berkshires. A bunch of us would go on Tuesday nights (cause the weekends were for the symphony). It was close to home and safe-we'd sit on the beautiful lawn overlooking the Stockbridge Bowl and listen to great music.

This was one of my fave songs when James & Carly were together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_D0i7UC9UY

I also like classical music and my same friends would often get together and go to the Sunday afternoon concerts. I mean, we weren't going to go to the symphony on a weekend night! And now we've been bringing our boys to those concerts.

This was an amazing performance of Elijah performed in German from memory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3ACAdK9MDQ

But my kids are never going to go to concerts like this that I attended when I wasn't even a teenager cause I had a super cool older cousin with a convertible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXb8ZDuICCs

Thank you, I needed this today. My soul is refreshed!

oxoxox, Tulessa.
And to think we've been accused of being "no-life bloggers". Seeing the beauty of everyone here, both inside and out...nothing could be further from the truth.

Now all we need is the video of "We are family". :)

No...sadly nobody ever comes to Montana lol...I have seen their videos though--cant imagine being there in person:rockon: I vividly remember hearing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vHRwmFc-1o

while driving in my car and pulling over because it was so so so amazing and different!

Christmas in Sarajevo is the song that got me hooked also.
Here is there website. They have a DVD out. I have it and it is really good but it is nothing like there concerts.
http://www.trans-siberian.com/

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 1m

No joke: I just got called for jury duty at Maricopa County Superior Court on July 18, the day Jodi Arias is supposed to go back to trial.

:facepalm:

Haha well we know one person who would never be called for this trial.

Our son has always kept his hair short in a military style haircut but about a year ago he began to grow it long and at first I didn't like it as it was growing out but now.........WOW! He is gorgeous if I may say so myself. His hair is black, thick, silky, and very shiny. His wife loves it this way.

Everyone that knows him thinks he looks like a movie star.

He is 38 but looks maybe late 20s with a beautiful complexion and dark eyes.

He looks nothing like his mom though but that's ok.:) I always say I have to keep his birth certificate handy to prove he is mine.:floorlaugh: He looks like his dad.

IMO
My son (who turned 15 today) has been growing his hair out for the past year. It is at his shoulders now, I love it. In the past he has gotten it cut in the summertime, as it is soooo hot & muggy here. I think he plans on keeping it long this year, I hope he does.
Your son sounds like quite the looker!

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 1m

No joke: I just got called for jury duty at Maricopa County Superior Court on July 18, the day Jodi Arias is supposed to go back to trial.

:facepalm:

JM needs to make sure MK DOESN'T get on the new jury. No joke. MK is wayyyyy too biased against JM and against the DP.

My handsome redskin son. If this blows the margin, I will delete. I suck at sizing! :floorlaugh:

Thank you!! The first place blue ribbon is the same color as the ribbons worn by TAfamily and supporters. Funny how you notice things anew.

Ohhhh Zuri,,,Devon!!! You should be so very proud! I had no idea you were a horse mom.

Congratulations and let's hope many more good things will come you way!

O M G I didn't know that Caryn Kelley was found not guilty. I can't believe it.

I couldn't believe it either. You only had to listen to her to know she was lying.. what is wrong with Florida letting these murderers walk free?

Don't ask me! We're not all brain dead. :) I wish the Anthony trial jury had been picked from Marion County. Wish I had been on that jury! I'd hang rather than let her walk. Kelley, too. Ugh. It's frustrating.

My handsome redskin son. If this blows the margin, I will delete. I suck at sizing! :floorlaugh:

Hubba hubba hubba! Very tall & very handsome son, Tulessa! ;) (also see a tattoo, love tattoos!)

ETA: Your son reminds me of my BF, I swear they have the exact same nose! Nice profile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015