GUILTY KS - Vashti Seacat, 34, found slain in house fire, Kingman, 30 April 2011 - #2

Prosecution gave Judge something about the "HARD 50 YRS" for the sentencing phase.

Brett is swallowing hard, but not showing much emotion otherwise. His parents and brother are there not showing much emotion either.

I admit to not following the board, but did watch some of the trial, so sorry if this has been discussed

Why 50 years instead of life? Murder 1 plus all the other convictions??? I don't get it. Fifty is essentially life but still......

(But if "hard" 50 means like a chain gang, I'm all for it)

and they nailed him for the dubious endangerment of a child. JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guilty all charges
Well... lighting a fire with your kids in the house, or even in a car nearby with a full tank of gas- is child endangerment.

That and anything good he accomplished as a cop possibly. I thought I had heard/read awhile back something about him having a rough upbringing... some sort of semi abusive relationship at home. Anyone else know about this?

Hadn't heard about that popsicle. Unless his parents hung him up by his thumb nails I don't see the 'was abused as a child' working in this part of the country. He did call his parents twice the evening of the fire to come get the boys. How bad could it have been growing up if he'd turn the boys over to them?

i missed the verdict but kudos to this jury.

so glad those little boys will be safe,away from him for hopefully the rest of their lives.

I admit to not following the board, but did watch some of the trial, so sorry if this has been discussed

Why 50 years instead of life? Murder 1 plus all the other convictions??? I don't get it. Fifty is essentially life but still......

(But if "hard" 50 means like a chain gang, I'm all for it)
I believe the alternative sentences allow him to get out on parole.

Hadn't heard about that popsicle. Unless his parents hung him up by his thumb nails I don't see the 'was abused as a child' working in this part of the country. He did call his parents twice the evening of the fire to come get the boys. How bad could it have been growing up if he'd turn the boys over to them?

Well I did see on tv the other day that "Officer" Seacat had killed a man by slamming his head against a concrete wall. He was honored for jumping on someone in courtroom and stopping him.

Well... lighting a fire with your kids in the house, or even in a car nearby with a full tank of gas- is child endangerment.

There was conflicting opinions raised on this board that the fire may have been set after he got the kids out and seat belted in the car. He did go back into the house and finally 30 some odd minutes after the neighbor heard a gunshot called 911 to report a fire and dead wife.

This was possible and I am satisfied that he was also found guilty of something he may not have done.

I happen to think that he set the fire right after the killing in case a nosy neighbor or a passerby came to help and he was unable to go back in to set the fire.

Glad to see a verdict! Good work jury!

Someone on here has a siggy line that reads 'Play stupid games, win stupid prizes' (I love that saying1). So what 'prize' could Mr Seacat win? High end? Low end? I understand that it is not LWOP? Why not?

Anybody remember Roy Kipp Florida LE? Convicted of murder. Wow was he arrogant! Court TV days.
No, but Craig Peyer, California Highway Patrol was too.

just seem him being shackled in open court,howd you like them apples mr secat.

i so wish we could have seen JA being shackled that would have made my day :innocent:

Jodi Arias is a 30 year old woman not a kid. Her reaction of resentment and anger to not being the baby, to having to be the big sister was evident 20 some odd years later. IMO this is a deep seated problem with JA.

Jodi arias is a borderline. NOTHING about her is normal.Again, spoiling and pampering are different than an Axis II diagnosis and they don't cause BPD. They are two separate things. Read up on BPD and you will learn that normal human reactions are amplified 100 fold in them. She showed these traits early in childhood and that she has this unnatural reaction now is characteristic of BPD patients. BPD people make it all about them, not their parents. It is usually (but not always) caused by mentally and emotionally abusive and dysfunctional childhoods and parents NOT giving children what they need in normal social and emotional and mental development. It is NOT caused by never saying no or spoiling them or giving them everything they want. Once again, no evidence right now that she was pampered and spoiled, but plenty of evidence and Dr. Demarte's assertion of a personality disorder.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

There was conflicting opinions raised on this board that the fire may have been set after he got the kids out and seat belted in the car. He did go back into the house and finally 30 some odd minutes after the neighbor heard a gunshot called 911 to report a fire and dead wife.

This was possible and I am satisfied that he was also found guilty of something he may not have done.

I happen to think that he set the fire right after the killing in case a nosy neighbor or a passerby came to help and he was unable to go back in to set the fire.
They still would have been at risk with a tankful of gas if the car was close by, and they wouldn't have been able to get out, like Susan Smith's boys, they would have been trapped.

KWCH12 Press conference to begin in minutes at Kingman Co. courthouse following guilty verdict in Seacat trial. Watch live: kwch.com/seacat
12 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

I remember the prosecutor saying in closing arguments that he did start the fire with the kids in the house. She mentioned that they were interviewed.

Glad to see a verdict! Good work jury!

Someone on here has a siggy line that reads 'Play stupid games, win stupid prizes' (I love that saying1). So what 'prize' could Mr Seacat win? High end? Low end? I understand that it is not LWOP? Why not?

Love that saying, it's such a truth. Brett probably felt especially smart and capable as he borrowed the projector to forge lies in Vashti's journal, torched those hard drives, etc., Stupid games planning a senseless murder of his children's beloved Mother.

He deserved the GUILTY Verdicts, and I'm so glad he won those as his prizes.

Seems that the only way the defense that "the kids were in the car when the fire started" could have been used would have been if the murderer told the truth.

Ah, the irony.

Thank goodness for this jury, prosecutor, and judge. I am so thankful. GB those precious boys, Vashti's family, and friends.

I hope this judge sentences consecutively for each charge. Brett would NEVER walk out of prison.

I remember the prosecutor saying in closing arguments that he did start the fire with the kids in the house. She mentioned that they were interviewed.

Wow, I didn't hear that. What a this one, really.

They still would have been at risk with a tankful of gas if the car was close by, and they wouldn't have been able to get out, like Susan Smith's boys, they would have been trapped.

Good points LinasK. If I remember right the volkswagen bug ( Vishti's car) was in the driveway. So yes close to the house.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600
Back