George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought there was another interview where he describes arms as spread- or acts it out- spreading his own arms. Trust me, half the internet is not wrong about GZ making this bogus claim.
In one of the versions he tells, Trayvon is talking to him AFTER he was shot. I think it was supposed to be something threatening.
Incredible stuff.

I posted it a bit upthread...but here it is again.

nope this is what he said the night of the shooting

"“I don’t know if I pushed him off me [or] he fell off me, either way I got on top of him and I pushed his arms apart,” Zimmerman said as he demonstrated how he spread Trayvon’s arms away from his body. He told the officer that he didn’t remember how he got on top of his victim and continued with his version of events. “But I got on his back and moved his arms apart because when he was repeatedly hitting me in the face and the head,” Zimmerman said, “I thought he had something in his hands. So, I moved his hands apart.” Trayvon, he said, was face down. Again, he says the neighbor with the flashlight came out, he asked that person to help him restrain Trayvon. The police arrived perhaps less than a minute later and he stood up, holstered his weapon and put his hands up."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rms-and-hands/

She lied under oath and she is being coached by Crump.

That's the thing, she has lied repeatedly over and over again.

If I was a juror member, I disregard her testimony completely.

JMO

not snark, serious question - there were bad feed problems, why do you say she lied multiple times under oath, do you mean today?? u saw her cop to the lies she did tell, like saying she was sick cause she didn't want to go to the wake, r saying she was a minr because she was afraid to talk to cops w// out her mom

Hello Everyone :greetings: ! I am brand spankin' new to this community. Been lurking for awhile and decided to sign up. First let me congratulate you all on being able to keep this conversation civil, mature, and as polite as can be :). A lot of the other sites have just been awful with their comments :(. I tip my hat to all of you. Good points made here as well on both sides.

Anyway, I quoted the above post because I agree and understood where Rachel/Dee Dee was coming from as far as being frustrated, but I am wondering if her expression of having a snappy attitude will be a reflection on Trayvon as far as the jury is concerned. They may think that he had a similar attitude since people tend to gravitate towards friends who are similar in behavior to themselves. Just a thought.

In that case ,out of fairness Taffe should have to testify :facepalm:

it would actually be contempt of court and she could get arrested, so i am sure it will be explained to her and she will be there tomorrow

I'm actually not sure I understand the point of two hours more of questioning of her - she's admitted that she lied about her age, her reason for not attending the funeral, and about changing her story about what GZ said. I can't imagine listening to two more hours of her lackluster answers. Between having to keep repeating herself because she was slurring or saying things in some other way that was unintelligible, and actually really having nothing else she could possibly add that she hasn't already said in contradictory ways, I don't see a need to have her back again.

The state certainly seemed MORE than happy to suggest they just wrap her testimony up this evening.

Hello Everyone :greetings: ! I am brand spankin' new to this community. Been lurking for awhile and decided to sign up. First let me congratulate you all on being able to keep this conversation civil, mature, and as polite as can be :). A lot of the other sites have just been awful with their comments :(. I tip my hat to all of you. Good points made here as well on both sides.

Anyway, I quoted the above post because I agree and understood where Rachel/Dee Dee was coming from as far as being frustrated, but I am wondering if her expression of having a snappy attitude will be a reflection on Trayvon as far as the jury is concerned. They may think that he had a similar attitude since people tend to gravitate towards friends who are similar in behavior to themselves. Just a thought.

:welcome5: Moonie! Good first post :)

I thought there was another interview where he describes arms as spread- or acts it out- spreading his own arms. Trust me, half the internet is not wrong about GZ making this bogus claim.
In one of the versions he tells, Trayvon is talking to him AFTER he was shot. I think it was supposed to be something threatening.
Incredible stuff.

there is i posted it yesterday, it was his first statement to police where he said after he shot TM GZ climbed on his back and spread his arms out to the side so TM couldn't attack him - i'll find and repost, i just wanted to respond fast in case this gets shut down

not snark, serious question - there were bad feed problems, why do you say she lied multiple times under oath, do you mean today?? u saw her cop to the lies she did tell, like saying she was sick cause she didn't want to go to the wake, r saying she was a minr because she was afraid to talk to cops w// out her mom

She deliberately lied....... I'll let someone else who has studied this case more than I have explain it to you.

I could only watch her testimony when the defense was questioning her, I missed the State's questions.

I just want to say...the first 48.... omg...I just about died inside from laughter. I think only the man behind TM's dad understood that.

I thought that was hilarious! I couldn't believe she said that.

Never seen anything like her. My jaw was literally dropped.

I felt so bad for TA's parents, you could see their hopes being dashed as they sat watching. *IMO*
And not saying things can not turn around, but to me her attitude with the DT is not going to sit well with the jury.

Really? You've never experienced someone like that before? In my experience, she's rather ordinary.

She deliberately lied....... I'll let someone else who has studied this case more than I have explain it to you.

I could only watch her testimony when the defense was questioning her, I missed the State's questions.

then i am confused??? i am really being serious, why would you say she lied under oath today??

I'm actually not sure I understand the point of two hours more of questioning of her - she's admitted that she lied about her age, her reason for not attending the funeral, and about changing her story about what GZ said. I can't imagine listening to two more hours of her lackluster answers. Between having to keep repeating herself because she was slurring or saying things in some other way that was unintelligible, and actually really having nothing else she could possibly add that she hasn't already said in contradictory ways, I don't see a need to have her back again.

The state certainly seemed MORE than happy to suggest they just wrap her testimony up this evening.

There is a reason why West wants her back to finish cross exam and he he has a very good reason to. I'll say that much.

I don't know how much you have studied this case, so I don't want to make you lean one way or another.

JMO

There is a reason why West wants her back to finish cross exam and he he has a very good reason to. I'll say that much.

I don't know how much you have studied this case, so I don't want to make you lean one way or another.

JMO

I was here at the beginning of the case, but have forgotten some of it.

But I have to ask this, kind of off topic - is this picture below the SAME girl who was on the stand for so long today? If so, I've never seen anyone change so dramatically - ever in my life - in a year and a half. This girl is absolutely unrecognizable as the girl on the stand.

If they're different girls - sorry. *blush*

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/PfVTM8sqz4k/0.jpg

rachel/dee dee should have been admonished by the judge for her behavior on the witness stand, imo. the rolling of the eyes...etc. i understand she's probably traumatized by what happened, I would be too if i was the last person to talk to someone before they died but that is still no reason to show such disrespect.

i think west is handling her perfectly, speaking in gentle tones and allowing the jury to see her disrespectful behavior. i think they are in a way baiting her to get her to act like that in front of the jury as one of their strategies with this witness.

we'll see if there really are inaccuracies in her statements that are enough to impeach her. i'm still on the fence about that.

I was here at the beginning of the case, but have forgotten some of it.

But I have to ask this, kind of off topic - is this picture below the SAME girl who was on the stand for so long today? If so, I've never seen anyone change so dramatically - ever in my life - in a year and a half. This girl is absolutely unrecognizable as the girl on the stand.

If they're different girls - sorry. *blush*

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/PfVTM8sqz4k/0.jpg

Same here.

I believe this is the same DeeDee/Rachel But I'm not sure

I feel so bad for Rachael (DeeDee). I believe she really loved Trayvon, and at her young age, not able to cope. She has anger issues and mistrust. I do hope she gets some help, and after this is over, people will leave her alone!

I just thought she was a disaster for the state for so many reasons.... her use of racial slurs (attributed to TM)... her attitude - just treating the process with disrespect (eye rolling, asking "WHAT?" etc.)...admitting she didn't care or take seriously the other deposition.....BUT the biggest thing of all is - what this shows the jury about TM - if not his girlfriend she was someone he spent a lot of time with and apparently talked on the phone with. I have a son who is in his early 20's - he would not spend hours talking to a girl unless he liked her in some respect. It's hard to explain without speaking ill of her - I guess i'm trying to say her entire demeanor reflects poorly on TM.....

I just thought she was a disaster for the state for so many reasons.... her use of racial slurs (attributed to TM)... her attitude - just treating the process with disrespect (eye rolling, asking "WHAT?" etc.)...admitting she didn't care or take seriously the other deposition.....BUT the biggest thing of all is - what this shows the jury about TM - if not his girlfriend she was someone he spent a lot of time with and apparently talked on the phone with. I have a son who is in his early 20's - he would not spend hours talking to a girl unless he liked her in some respect. It's hard to explain without speaking ill of her - I guess i'm trying to say her entire demeanor reflects poorly on TM.....

100% agree and this is the state's star witness too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard