Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you provide proof that he has done anything to help find his child? (aside from the crusade across the lower 48 a week ago)?

He shows up to TV shows, reporters, and vigils, to talk about his strained relationships with his kids and exes and deflects all blame away from himself.

Oh wait, that's not proof. Oops.

Can anyone here provide me proof that Mark has done nothing but sit in his rocking chair the past 7 months? Was that with or without the Jim Beam?

All i can say Is Mark himself said he had not had not handed out posters. That is in a the transcripts in the media thread. I am not saying he has just sat at home

The dogs never HIT on Dylan in the lake. They could not of. The water temperature was too cold. There was not enough time for decomp to start. People have to start thinking of things before calling people murderers etc.

I've never seen anybody state the dogs hit on DYLAN. They've said they hit on DECOMP.

<Mod Snip>

Why does anyone else besides MR need to provide a timeline and what difference would it make how Dylan got to the airport in CS? LE has stated that ER and family were six hours away when MR, the last known person in the universe to see Dylan, and only one claiming he was alive on Monday, was in charge of Dylan. ER could have been running naked through the terminal and it still would not matter. She was not there.

Why does anyone else besides MR need to provide a timeline and what difference would it make how Dylan got to the airport in CS? LE has stated that ER and family were six hours away when MR, the last known person in the universe to see Dylan, and only one claiming he was alive on Monday, was in charge of Dylan. ER could have been running naked through the terminal and it still would not matter. She was not there.

To my knowledge, LE has not cleared anyone, even those supposedly 6 hours away.

MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO

I've been pondering some of the aspects of the case that bother me most and tried to come up with a narrative that feels consistent to me. I have one that I will outline below, but I will freely admit that others are possible. However, IMO, MRDI provides the most flexibility in explaining some of the otherwise incongruous aspects. But this is just one possible narrative and portraying these as a plausible sequence of events is MOO. I will toss in some IMO's just to reiterate that point.

IMO: MR & Dylan did have a close relationship when Dylan was young (from an interview with RN, the friend he planned to see). Dylan is MR's last form of familial validation.
But Dylan has become a teenager, less interested in nerf football, Dad/son talks at restaurants, and watching movies together (I think most parents of teens have seen this transition). Plus, any respect Dylan may have once had would likely be undermined by the photos.

IMO: They would both be frustrated by the day's delay of the flight, MR because he wanted to see his son, and Dylan because he wanted to see his friends. So, things would likely get off to a bad start, with Dylan wanting to immediately see his friends that very night. MR refuses because he wants bonding time, and there are signs that there were negative consequences to a tiff, at least mood-wise if not physical, in the Walmart footage.

IMO:
Afterwards, MR tried to make it work, letting Dylan pick out the movies and getting McD's takeout instead of the sit-down he had planned. I believe they got home. The search warrant seems to point to at least a few possessions of Dylan's in the house. Maybe Dylan took off his shoes to be more comfortable. They try to watch the movie, but neither is really interested in it and both are in a bad mood.

IMO: MR might become more frustrated by Dylan's continued sullen silence and texting instead of being engaged with him, especially as MR sees himself as making a big effort. I suspect that as a result of that frustration, MR confiscated Dylan's phone before the convo with Ryan was completely finished (which is why Dylan didn't ack the last two msgs). At some point, Dylan starts using the ipod-touch to text, and perhaps MR is initially unaware of that capability. It would be useful to know who those were to and what they said.

IMO: Maybe when MR realized that Dylan is still texting some time soon after 9:37, he flew into a rage. Perhaps Dylan uber-dissed him by bringing up the photos. There may have been a physical scuffle. Dylan may have been accidentally killed on the couch. Maybe there was some evidence of that on or in the backpack (if not blood, which would presumably have gotten elsewhere, then maybe something got smashed inside it or maybe a strap/buckle/cord was visibly damaged in a tussle). At any rate, I am guessing for some reason it was necessary to remove it from the house, and MR had to figure that folks would think he just took it with him.

IMO: Another possibility is that MR confiscated the ipod at 9:37+ and a blow-up happened sometime later, possibly even the next morning.

IMO: In the forensics thread, I noted that I find the missing shoes quite odd, since the laces and a sock were found. You'd think at least one of the shoes would be found in that case. Assuming that info (list of found items) is correct, it makes me think that maybe Dylan wasn't wearing his shoes. Further, we know LE thinks it's a homicide, and while the bones could conceivably bear marks that would make them think that, I think it's more likely the laces are the source of that certainty. Perhaps they were used as staged bindings. Perhaps they were used to make carrying easier (a use for laces I saw suggested on a completely different homicide website). In either case, it wouldn't make sense to put the shoes back on and I suspect they are with the backpack, wherever that is.

IMO: In this scenario, the fishing pole is used to create the impression that Dylan had gone fishing (and subsequently been abducted) and the search would hopefully be concentrated in the wrong location near the lake at least until winter had a chance to erase some of the evidence on the body.

Comments, criticism, and alternatives welcome.

MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO

All i can say Is Mark himself said he had not had not handed out posters. That is in a the transcripts in the media thread. I am not saying he has just sat at home

No he did not. Just like he never stated he did not search.

How do we know this? Well dang after 7 months, it comes out he was out searching with his own SON. His own son was with him. As well, he was returning to grab additional flyers in the one video.

I think some have chosen not to question the statements of some others.

As well, during the DP show, Mark was trying to indicate a different place, but was interrupted so many times, he never got a chance to clarify what he was trying to state.

In fact for someone that is to be such a "hothead", he never "LOST IT" once. Conversely, I did see other get hot under the collar.

So much for the characterizations so many have blindly accepted, with out proof.

Even LE completely dismissed the one report of DV over 20 years ago. Why is no one asking themselves why we have not even heard who took Dylan to the airport? Anyone?

Have we seen even remotely one timeline of anyone other than Mark? No we have not. Why is no one asking why?[/QUOTE

Personally I don't care who took Dylan to the airport, I care what happened to him after his father picked him up at the airport. Can you explain what other timeline we should look at? We know he was in the care of his
father so that's the timeliness that seems relevant to me.

Gitana, the friend he planned to visit lived much more than six miles away, closer to twenty. It was another friend, one we do not even know if Dylan contacted, who lives about six miles away and where MR said he looked for him.

Yes, you're right. I got that wrong.

BBM

The part missed is Elaine as well stated he was excited to go as he would be able to visit his friends.

She did not say he was excited to go. Her exact words in context were:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Dylan texted his mother Nov. 18 to notify her of his arrival at the airport, but the text ended with an emoticon that is interpreted as a scowl, she said.

Dylan was looking forward to meeting up with old friends, she said Tuesday, but he wasn&#8217;t looking forward to spending long days in his father&#8217;s cabin in Vallecito, a remote wilderness area 20 miles northeast of Durango.

&#8220;It was something that he needed to do, and he was excited to see his friends and hang out with his friends,&#8221; Elaine Redwine said. &#8220;He did have to come, but he was OK with it.&#8221; http://durangoherald.com/apps/pbcs....eservoirs-searched-again&template=printpicart

[/FONT]
This is a false statement.

Oh, can you link something for me that shows that is a false statement?

There is no evidence for this other than from divorce filings - some from 20 years ago. Since no one is allowed to impeach the information provided by a particular individual on here without it getting snipped and the poster browbeaten, everyone takes it as gospel truth. Being an attorney, I'm sure you know how that works.

Yeah, being an attorney, I sure do know how that works. I look at results to determine the probable veracity of various claims. The proof is in the pudding. Both moms were granted physical custody. Dad's rights to his kids were limited.

Only one parent has actually filed a criminal report before regarding domestic violence stemming from someone's disturbing temper. Guess who that was?

I think that's incorrect. Dad filed a couple civil protective order requests and mom filed one, and all were dismissed by the parties.

Only the father was ever involved in criminal proceedings. Mark was charged once in 2003 with child abuse (no physical assault) and neglect. The charges were dismissed. He was also separately charged with disorderly conduct:

http://www.9news.com/news/article/303598/339/Missing-boys-family-had-violent-history

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-192346-p-4.html

So you're accepting hearsay evidence from one and not the other? You know very well that 'he said-she said' divorce hearings rarely have much truth to them on either side.

Yes. I am. The results of Mark's custody battles tell me who the court found more credible. Also, the fact of the litigation between the mothers and the father as well as the results also tell me that while the statements we have seen in the media are hearsay, similar statements were made in court and thus those would not be hearsay, and again, certain statements were found more credible.

Indeed. He was probably told lots of things by LE, considering they are under no constitutional obligation to be truthful with him during an interrogation or otherwise.

That's true. But I was responding to a post stating that the results were deemed "inconclusive." We don't know that.

Other than the 98% biased Websleuths threads and the vitriolic, utterly insane people posting on Facebook pages, where is this information coming from?

Dad's own statements on Tricia's radio show. Again, I am a family law attorney trained to be objective and did not closely follow Dylan's case. I had no part in the debates on here until the remains were found and have seen no facebook posts of any kind. I just researched the facts as published.

No it doesn't. Again, divorce proceedings are rarely about truth and rarely hinge on one factor.

I have been in the business as a family law litigator for 11 years.

Allegations regarding alcohol abuse are very, very serious and will not be dismissed by the court as only "one factor". Mark apparently alleged that the mom was a chronic alcohol abuser and drove around drunk with the kids. It appears he alleged this in emergency court filings which led to temporary court orders that mom not drive the kids or be under the influence when around the kids. There is no evidence that after hearing on the matter, those orders were extended. There is evidence that the court did not consider this a serious concern as mom was awarded physical custody.

My responses in purple above.

The evidence collected seems to match with my theory. Something happened on the couch.

If my kid disappeared soon after arriving at the home of my ex, with whom I had battled custody for years, who had abducted my kids and his other kids in the past, who had a history of domestic violence and a temper, I would be all over him as well.*

The only evidence that mom had a drinking problem is from dad. The evidence she didn't is that she was awarded custody and dad was awarded very limited rights to see his kids. The drinking issue was litigated for certain.**

Mom not sending the child with a coat is crummy behavior. In my line of work, however, this is not uncommon when one parent is sick of the other not returning costly clothing items or never purchasing any for their child. Mom's question, "Why is it always my fault." could either indicate she is constantly deflecting blame for her failings in the co-parenting arena or it could indicate that dad always has an excuse for his failings to parent at all. I choose the latter because as a family law attorney, well familiar with these types of cases, I note that dad had limited rights not only to these kids from his marriage to Dylan's mom, but also to his kids from previous marriages.***

Dad says he was told by LE that he failed his lie detector test "miserably."

It has been established that mom, Dylan's step-dad and Corey did not leave the area of Colorado Springs, 6 hours from Dad's house, in the time Dylan went missing. She has been a panicked, tearful presence all along, demanding answers, in close contact with LE, setting up websites, forming vigils, search parties, facebook pages and giving media interviews.

This is in very stark contrast with dad's behavior, a man who had to pledge to be more involved in the investigation and search only after mediators got involved.

Dylan is dead. Given all the above, are you suggesting she somehow had Dylan abducted from his father and killed from 6 hours away? I love ya' Steely, but that makes no sense.****

Let me add that I deal with personality disordered people often, in my work, and also seriously angry and hateful parents, on a daily basis. I see a history of bitter litigation but mom's demeanor makes sense to me in the context of the disappearance of her son while at his dad's. Dad's demeanor strikes me as that of clever man who knows how to lie and subtly turn things around on the mother. He has learned the language of the court system well and what he is supposed to say, but his simmering rage is directed, IMO, not at the mother in connection with his son's disappearance, which would be illogical, but at the mother in general. He makes outrageous statements meant to severely wound with no moral basis for that outrage as it is clear that the mom did not abduct her son.

For example, he accuses of her alcohol abuse. Yet the fact that custody of the kids was granted to her refutes that. He says, "What kind of mother are you that would accuse me of harming Dylan." He wants to hurt her where it counts to any mother. But her accusation has nothing to do with the type of mother she is and everything, according to her, to the dad's other ex-wife and to Corey, with the type of man dad is.

I won't say mom is a perfect angel. The coat thing indicates she played a part in the bitter litigation. However, her anger on this show seems in the context of her baby disappearing shortly after he was reluctantly delivered to his father's custody after a court ordered the visitation as a compromise between regular contact with dad and no contact at all. That is a logical anger.

Dad's anger on the show seems in the context of general rage and resentment of the mother, his other son, his ex wife, etc. Big difference in my opinion.

BBM

* That's not helpful. You'd need to be calm and work together to get things done. If all she did was yell at him, that doesn't accomplish anything. JMO

** When he brings it up neither their son or her contradicts him.

*** I wasn't aware he had limited rights. Do you know why that is?

**** Maybe I phrased it wrong. What I meant is she's not blameless for the lack of work by her husband in finding Dylan.

And shows up to the Dr. Phil show drunk and/or hungover. Pot. Kettle. Black. Wouldn't you say?

He wasn't drunk the first day. He drank after the first night. I don't blame him. It was a get Mark episode. JMO

Per TOS, we can discuss what's been reported in MSM. And if we couldn't discuss anyone before formal charges are brought, well then there wouldn't be much point to WS. It's a fine line when it's reported by MSM that his own family suspects him of harming Dylan. LE also has not cleared anyone.

The alert button works great for reporting posts not within TOS.

I never said people can't say things. I said I think they should back off til things are more clear. JMO

Probably because when they would visit there they were told by mark that all fishing and outside gear needs to go out in the garage or the shed. It does not belong in the house!

Why have a fishing pole in you living room?

BBM

To respool it, or fix a kink in the line. There are reasons.

I'm trying to catch up but did Mark actually say anything about Dylan at the vigil? All I'm seeing is comments where he talks about how horrific it is for him and the references to Elaine & Corey (which makes me see red since he only wants to communicate with them when it is on his terms).

Corey's comments were so touching and heartbreaking. I'm really glad that Dylan had men like Mike and Corey in his life to provide him a positive male role model and to demonstrate what a healthy relationship looks like. He will never get to model those relationships now but at least he had those happy times before it was all taken away from him.

yes, you're right. I got that wrong.

She did not say he was excited to go. Her exact words in context were:

Oh, can you link something for me that shows that is a false statement?

my responses in purple above.

wrong.

No he did not. Just like he never stated he did not search.

How do we know this? Well dang after 7 months, it comes out he was out searching with his own SON. His own son was with him. As well, he was returning to grab additional flyers in the one video.

I think some have chosen not to question the statements of some others.

That was one search in the first week or maybe two. It is also when he told his son B, this is a stupid place to search. Mark was not apart of any of the searches that followed, including the most recent search where Cory and Elaine participated and when Dylan was ultimately found.

BBM I actually agree with you. The important thing is I don't think LE is putting all their eggs in one basket.

I have seen the same thing happen several times in other missing children cases before an arrest has been made. People were just as 100% positively sure about who they thought did it as the majority are in this case. Those family members turned out to be innocent and everyone thought they were creepy and suspicious too. The child or children though in several high profile cases turned out to be kidnapped and murdered by a stranger or a non-family member.

What has struck me from the beginning once LE ruled runaway out is they have consistently thought that this was a kidnapping. I still feel it could be and it turned into murder to make sure the victim was silenced.

So until LE comes out and says they have arrested the actual suspect my mind is still open. I don't want just anyone to pay for what has been done to this precious child.........I want true justice for Dylan and that can only happen if the real suspect is arrested and convicted.

If it turns out to be MR then so be it.........let him rot but if it is not........then I hope and pray whoever did this to Dylan is caught, convicted and punished severely. I don't know if this state has the death penalty but if they do the murdering b*stard (whoever they are) deserves no less.

LE not coming out and putting the community on high alert means nothing to me. LE never came out not once in the Lunsford case nor the Greone case and told the community there was a predator on the loose.

Their objective is to keep the community calm. Plus it is extremely rare for a predator to hang around and strike again in the same area and LE knows that.

IMO

Thanks for this post, you echoed so many of my sentiments.
IMO an open mind is essential for this case, as it is so, so mysterious.
I simply don't think that MR saying something out of the ordinary alone contributes towards any argument that he is the perpetrator. Particularly people saying "I wouldn't have said that" - people grieve and react in different ways.

Can anyone, from all the pictures, all the video, show me one picture with Dylan having a cell phone in his hand?

I have sat here for 7 months listening to Dylan being tech savvy, generational, and in ONE interview, Cory stated he loved hiking, throwing the football, camping.

7 months of listening to this. Then in a 3 minute clip, from Cory's own mouth, he liked hiking, camping, throwing the football????????????

:stormingmad:

Sorry if this has been covered as i have just got home for the evening but is Mark chuckling when he is talking about Dylan and locating all of him ? - it is about 1 min 3 secs in .

Yep, while saying "they can have a homicide all they want to". So freaking bizarre. Who says that? Oh yes, that's what everybody wanted you dumb ****, a homicide of your son. SMDH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti