George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking for myself (and who else WOULD I speak on behalf of?) -- I have not yet decided what happened in this case -- whether it was self-defense or an intentional act (2nd degree murder or manslaughter). IMHO I don't have enough information to make that "call" -- and perhaps never will.

One thing that does puzzle me -- let's assume that everything GZ says is true and that from his perspective he feared for his life. Why -- even if TM began to beat him up -- why didn't he then identify himself either a policeman or some other sort of "authority" figure? If GZ had yelled out "Stop! I'm just the security guard!" or some such wouldn't that have motivated TM to stop hitting him?

In other words, GZ actions do seem odd to me. He never identified himself to TM so far as I can tell.

Why not?

:please:

It happened too fast. From personal experience, I can vouch for the fact that one is not looking to converse with the person beating your head into a hard surface. One is overwhelmed with the fear that your head will split open with the next sickening thud. JMO, OMO, MOO.

I'm not sure but I think it's SOP. IOW, it's what you are supposed to do. You aren't supposed to keep your weapon drawn, especially with LE on their way. JMO, OMO, MOO.

To what SOP are you referring? GZ isn't LE. He doesn't even have LE training. What SOP is he allegedly following?

But it isn't close to what I believe so you made an assumption. You are making a straw man because I don't believe any of what you think I do.

What are you saying then? What part of the law are you applying that would make GZ accountable? JMO, OMO, MOO.

He also states that his jacket just happened to move up, Trayvon reached for him gun, doesn't remember how GZ got on top of Trayvon. Face down, moved arms apart, held Trayvon's arms out. GZ told neighbor not to call police, wanted neighbor to help detain Trayvon..

Trayvon was dead.

Tells LE he has broken nose and that he could use stitches.

My opinion, those butterfly bandages are ridiculous! On head wounds, you use little butterfly tape to hold wound close.

But it isn't close to what I believe so you made an assumption. You are making a straw man because I don't believe any of what you think I do.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I am really trying to figure out what you think he may be guilty of if not murder?
I agree if he was guilty of something else, Like illegal gun possession, Maybe manslaughter. But I don't see the reckless disregard. IMO.

IMO - GZ is not believable at all in this video and is making it up as he goes to fit his story of self defense. GZ also claims that dispatch asked him if he still wanted police to come and looking at a transcript of the call, that is not the case.

I agree.. Also, I noticed that GZ didn't tell the dispatcher that he was looking for an address when he got out of the car, instead he was asked "are you following him", GZ said yes, so his intent was to follow, not get an address otherwise he would have told the dispatcher that.

Did he just say they're about to listen to a tape about an hour long?

Speaking for myself (and who else WOULD I speak on behalf of?) -- I have not yet decided what happened in this case -- whether it was self-defense or an intentional act (2nd degree murder or manslaughter). IMHO I don't have enough information to make that "call" -- and perhaps never will.

One thing that does puzzle me -- let's assume that everything GZ says is true and that from his perspective he feared for his life. Why -- even if TM began to beat him up -- why didn't he then identify himself either a policeman or some other sort of "authority" figure? If GZ had yelled out "Stop! I'm just the security guard!" or some such wouldn't that have motivated TM to stop hitting him?

In other words, GZ actions do seem odd to me. He never identified himself to TM so far as I can tell.

Why not?

:please:

Maybe TM did not give him the chance to, plus GZ was not on watch that night or any night.

But also, TM could have told him i'm visiting my dad and he lives in this complex or something to that affect .

JMO

To what SOP are you referring? GZ isn't LE. He doesn't even have LE training. What SOP is he allegedly following?

IMO, I think that's part of the concealed carry protocol. Of which I know very little so I may be wrong. But IMO I have read that you are supposed to holster your weapon and not keep it drawn, especially with LE on the way. JMO, OMO, MOO.

IMO - GZ is not believable at all in this video and is making it up as he goes to fit his story of self defense. GZ also claims that dispatch asked him if he still wanted police to come and looking at a transcript of the call, that is not the case.

You are correct. LE asked him if HE wanted to be contacted. When you report a crime, LE comes and you have the option of LE following up with you. GZ wanted LE to follow up with him. The dispatcher never asked him if he still wanted police to come. From what I recall....

IMO, I think that's part of the concealed carry protocol. Of which I know very little so I may be wrong. But IMO I have read that you are supposed to holster your weapon and not keep it drawn, especially with LE on the way. JMO, OMO, MOO.

I'd like to see that protocol if you have a link.

In this video showing Zimmerman's interview and tour of the crime scene, GZ comes across as credible IMO. He is beginning to change my opinion of him. I continue to be neutral.

What are you saying then? What part of the law are you applying that would make GZ accountable? JMO, OMO, MOO.

This is getting really tiresome...

Again, I can post my history or a previous post of mine to make it clear what I am saying and why I feel this is a possible case of manslaughter.

I'd like to see that protocol if you have a link.

I said JMO, OMO, MOO. But I'm guessing you could find the testimony of the woman cop who was just on who said that it was normal that GZ would have holstered his weapon.

JMO. OMO. MOO.

IMO that is far more damage than a regular bullet would cause, and TM probably died very quickly.

Not sure what you mean by a "regular bullet", hollow points are the most commonly used type of bullet for handguns being used in self defense. The police, thugs, for self defense, etc....folks using handguns use hollow point ammo.

Unless the ammo was illegal in a persons state I can't imagine any handgun owner NOT using hollow point (hardball is for target practice).

Hollow point bullets - the type GZ had in his gun - are designed to do maximum tissue damage:

They're also less likely to pass through and injure bystanders. That's part of the reason LE uses them.

Police Commissioner Howard Safir said yesterday that within the next 60 days the hollow-point bullets would begin replacing the old full-metal-jacket bullets that officers now use. Unlike the old bullets, the hollow points flatten upon impact and then expand, helping stop the bullet from passing through its target but causing a wider wound -- and inflicting more severe internal damage, forensic experts say.

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/07/09/nyregion/new-york-police-will-start-using-deadlier-bullets.html

Woman officer and GZ joking around. GZ asking about her positioning. This is odd coming from someone who killed someone. JMO

I can't even hear what they are saying

4th interview and no lawyer

regardless of guilty or innocence, I would have gotten a lawyer.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member