KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel alot better but am still babying my gallbladder. All I know is if I go on that fast once a year or so I feel a lot better.

What I went to sleep wondering last night is when did Soul Food get labeled as Junk Food?

It's not like I served him a plate of cheese curls and Ho Ho's. :floorlaugh:

Soul food is called that for a reason....feeds your soul. One of John's favorite places to eat is Lolo's Chicken and Waffles--grits, greens, etc. mmmmmm

And thanks for asking your Psychiatrist FIL about that Sustenna. So far I'm feeling optimistic about it. John's Psychiatrist also has good results from it. I like the "less is more" approach. Less side effects as well.

But just wondering how you felt marrying a man who's father was a shrink? :lol: (which of course also describes Alfonse and me lol)

I could tell you a fantastic story about psychiatrists and my first born son. :blushing: Perhaps I will post it on a reply over on your blog. My first boy is not my husbands, he was three years old when we met.

more on that elsewhere. :blushing:

I used to feel awkward around my FIL, especially since I have had a few issues in my lifetime and was on various medications for anxiety and depression when I was much younger. It mostly stemmed from losing my mother to breast cancer when I was fifteen. My FIL is a doll and we are so close now but he has had to learn bounderies. :floorlaugh: He gives advice freely, about my kids, life, money and overall I do appreciate it.

Sometimes he tries to "help" when it is not needed. :facepalm: lol

I agree about soul food....deviled eggs are definitely good for my soul. :seeya:

I don't post much, but I do read alot. I sympathize with your caregiver feelings. I am in Phx too. You are probably already aware, but just in case, I had very good experiences with DUET http://duetaz.org/index.php/services/

They can set up a weekly visit with John (you can set the parameters, same person, same day) who will come by and check on him, visit with him, take him shopping if he needs it, etc. It could give you something you could count on too.

Anyway, just an idea. There are actually several such volunteer "keep them in their homes" volunteer groups. Hope it helps.

420150_3429969797389_1361241511_n.jpg

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all (Emily Dickinson)

Hey, Sweetpea!
Oh, goodie. My favorite WS radio personality is on tonight.
Is the topic how the instant access of the internet
brings out the worst in people?

Will we see a bit of Annie Oakley, blazing her guns?
I would love to hear a verbal takedown.
Never bring a spork to a fight with a rapier wit would be my advise to
nastigramers and "well-meaning" soul crushers.

It's hot. I'm all fussy...and grumbling like Yosemite Sam

I don't post much, but I do read alot. I sympathize with your caregiver feelings. I am in Phx too. You are probably already aware, but just in case, I had very good experiences with DUET http://duetaz.org/index.php/services/

They can set up a weekly visit with John (you can set the parameters, same person, same day) who will come by and check on him, visit with him, take him shopping if he needs it, etc. It could give you something you could count on too.

Anyway, just an idea. There are actually several such volunteer "keep them in their homes" volunteer groups. Hope it helps.

Wow that looks amazing! Thank you! It says older adults but I will make a plea anyway. Actually when John is doing well as he did for 9 mths that would be a great volunteer job for him. He's worked in nursing homes before when he was able and is very good w older folks, has a car, loves to grocery shop. This is a potentially great resource on a lot of levels!

He's still marginal but I'm feeling better, resting on the couch watching movies in the cool a/c.

Thanks again! :seeya:

Hey, Sweetpea!
Oh, goodie. My favorite WS radio personality is on tonight.
Is the topic how the instant access of the internet
brings out the worst in people?

Will we see a bit of Annie Oakley, blazing her guns?
I would love to hear a verbal takedown.
Never bring a spork to a fight with a rapier wit would be my advise to
nastigramers and "well-meaning" soul crushers.

It's hot. I'm all fussy...and grumbling like Yosemite Sam

I'm just feeling up cuz I saved my iPhone disaster. Rice! All hail the rice!!

You're funny Peepes. I feel free having ditched that Vegan Nazi and have made amends on other fronts. A day of doing a whole lot of nothing has been good for my mental health...plus Tricia who always makes me :lol:

KCL! I miss you! :) Stay strong and take care of yourself.

Alfonse is getting hospitalized again today after the weekend from Hell. Please think a good thought for him. Thanks.

So, sorry to hear about Alphonse. You are such a loving and dedicated sister. No wonder he loves you so much. Please take care of yourself also. Many hugs, good thoughts and prayers to the both of you.

I'm so sorry to hear this KCL!
It is so hard for the person and for all who love him!
(I have a son with mental health issues so I feel your pain).
Praying for you both.
xoxo

I am so sorry for all that you are going through. You have so much genuine compassion for others and give so much of yourself. Admittedly, I was very upset that posters would even BEGIN to comment on your diet, John's diet, the Pope's diet etc.

It seems like the advice is unsolicited and a sentence that makes a statement followed by a BUT, just negated the whole thing. I know you are busy BUT... I know you are trying your best BUT.... You didn't ask for my advice BUT... IMO, it then becomes all about the self importance of the one handing it out rather than the recipient.

Sometimes, all a person needs is a kind word, a thought, a hug, validation in one form or another. So with that thought, I am sending you the kindest thoughts, lots of hugs and a stamp on your ticket of life. You are an awesome person who has touched so many of us, simply by sharing your life with us. Best to Alfonse....and YOU.

420150_3429969797389_1361241511_n.jpg

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all (Emily Dickinson)

I love this poem. My mother has this in her kitchen. Thank you for this...:seeya:

Thanks guys. This admission only took 3.5 hours vs. the 6 hour waiting last time so that's good. They called me from his appt. 3 hours before I was set to be there and told me he was getting aggressive and I needed to come right away. So I rushed over there and luckily they had convinced him to be hospitalized so we didn't have that hurdle to jump. They also made sure there was a bed waiting for him which is no easy task. Services are NOT that abundant as you can imagine. So I finally got my first meal of the day just now after all this rushing around and he's medicated by now I'm sure and both of us will finally sleep after days and days of....well, not.

Oh and someone bought me flowers today and had them sent but I got a notice because I wasn't home...and didn't get home all day to get them. So they will have to be delivered to my office tomorrow...still no idea who!

Thanks for the love guys.

All I can say is glad this week had a holiday which I can use to get ready for my trip. Just looking for time where I can find it....

Thanks guys. This admission only took 3.5 hours vs. the 6 hour waiting last time so that's good. They called me from his appt. 3 hours before I was set to be there and told me he was getting aggressive and I needed to come right away. So I rushed over there and luckily they had convinced him to be hospitalized so we didn't have that hurdle to jump. They also made sure there was a bed waiting for him which is no easy task. Services are NOT that abundant as you can imagine. So I finally got my first meal of the day just now after all this rushing around and he's medicated by now I'm sure and both of us will finally sleep after days and days of....well, not.

Oh and someone bought me flowers today and had them sent but I got a notice because I wasn't home...and didn't get home all day to get them. So they will have to be delivered to my office tomorrow...still no idea who!

Thanks for the love guys.

All I can say is glad this week had a holiday which I can use to get ready for my trip. Just looking for time where I can find it....

Thoughts and prayers are with you friend.

Hugs and prayers to you. Please take time for yourself on your trip. Rest your mind, you heart, your body....and try to to worry or feel guilty. You cannot help your brother if you do not take care of yourself. :twocents:

KCL,
Hi. I read your blog when you first began, and then life happened and I got busy. Got back to it this morning and just have to say you really have a creative flair for writing. And I couldn't stop reading. It's that good. Better than a novel that you can't put down, because it's up to the minute, real life, real heartache, real joy. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

I agree... it's like peeking at somebody's diary with permission :) I get excited to check in to see what else she has to say. By being so raw and so real, it creates a place that feels safe to spend time in. Because at the end of the day, we all have our own truths. We can deny them or we can have courage and embrace them. Thank you, KCL, for providing this space. One of my favorites was "Seed". I saved it to my desktop and read it often. The words are like little gifts with pretty bows that I can open any time I want. :seeya:

Hey everyone :) I've been reading here off and on for about a month now. I've been mostly stuck in bed, had blood clots in my left leg. What a pain!!!!! MY comfort food has been, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes with gravy, and biscuits from KFC. I'm able to stay up now and I am so ready to start reading KCL blog. My question is, do I just click on register, and then just go from there. I don't want to click on the wrong thing :/ Thanks for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther