KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds amazing.. I love trying new foods of all cultures. :seeya:

Nilaga is my favorite, it's made with beef (my mom uses beef ribs) and you add cabbage and bokchoy (asian cabbage) at the end. So it is comforting and healthy. My mom is 72 years strong, still has her own garden, and she eats all the veggies and fruits she grows. I don't know where she gets the energy.

KatieCoo...I just want to say, your blog inspires me. I <3 you and your words.

For some reason, YOU came into my life here on WS when I really, really needed it.

Thank you.

Can't believe I missed this post. That really made me smile. :)

Thank you for your "concern" but I know my brother and what I can control, what he will eat and not.eat when he's in a crisis. The night before i gave him that comfort food dinner he had diet coke and cigarettes for dinner. i was happy to just see him eat food. Am I supposed to take away his cigarettes too? Yes I work in the healing field and I'm choosing my battles.

I welcome you to keep your judgment to yourself. You don't know either of us or our situation. Thankfully I don't judge my brother like you are judging me.

Oh and one more thing...a "sorry" delivered like that isn't really an apology is it? It's more a passive aggressive slap.

Hi KCL
Sometimes it's best for other people not to say anything if they can't say anything nice. You do what's best for you and your brother! Your an adult and know where the heart leadeth you.
I haven't posted much since there's not much going on with the JA trial!
I have a tumor in my ovaries and will be having a biopsy done. I've been so sick! Not able to eat! Drained! Loosing weight. Something drew me here today! I will be praying for your brother and his health! And for strength to carry on ! He's blessed to have you! I've worked as a mental health counselor and know what a toll it takes on families and I've also seen many patients aren't blessed to have families that stand at their side.
Hang in there!
God bless you both
Katiedid2:seeya:

Alfonse is doing much better tonite...MUCH better. He's in the kitchen right now getting our dinner prepared.

I'm afraid now to post what we're eating. People have all kinds of opinions don't they? ;)

But I promise you, it's fun and delicious. And we will enjoy every bite of it.

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:seeya:

Hi KCL
Sometimes it's best for other people not to say anything if they can't say anything nice. You do what's best for you and your brother! Your an adult and know where the heart leadeth you.
I haven't posted much since there's not much going on with the JA trial!
I have a tumor in my ovaries and will be having a biopsy done. I've been so sick! Not able to eat! Drained! Loosing weight. Something drew me here today! I will be praying for your brother and his health! And for strength to carry on ! He's blessed to have you! I've worked as a mental health counselor and know what a toll it takes on families and I've also seen many patients aren't blessed to have families that stand at their side.
Hang in there!
God bless you both
Katiedid2:seeya:

Oh Katiedid. I'm sorry to read this about your ovary...I wish you the best with the biopsy, sincerely.

I was looking at your elephant bracelet just this morning and thinking of you. I wear it every time I go to the Alexander court proceedings.

I hope you start feeling better soon. A nice group is gathering on my blog if you'd ever want to come over and join us. :)

You all make me hungry with all this comfort food talk. As I try and fit in my clothes, I am reminded just how "comforting" I have been to myself. Oh, and my cholesterol is 400 on salad. Love the genetics. So I say, eat, drink and be merry. Life is so short and if key lime pie or tiramisu makes me happy, well, toss in the crime brûlée too. Just sayin. :)

You all make me hungry with all this comfort food talk. As I try and fit in my clothes, I am reminded just how "comforting" I have been to myself. Oh, and my cholesterol is 400 on salad. Love the genetics. So I say, eat, drink and be merry. Life is so short and if key lime pie or tiramisu makes me happy, well, toss in the crime brûlée too. Just sayin. :)

You said key lime pie....mmmmm....

I once did a driveby key lime pie-ing. I had a older client who was a recent divorcee (is that right for a male?) and was talking about how he loved this one key lime pie. I sort of out of curiosity just interviewed him about what made it so special...but what he didn't know was I had this abundance of limes at my house. I went home and made that exact pie as best I could and took it over to his house (I know where he lives cuz his daughter is my friend) and key lime pie'd him. Now I wish I had some right now too...my friend made some last weekend in Sedona out of avocados, raw style and it was surprisingly good!

Alfonse is doing much better tonite...MUCH better. He's in the kitchen right now getting our dinner prepared.

I'm afraid now to post what we're eating. People have all kinds of opinions don't they? ;)

But I promise you, it's fun and delicious. And we will enjoy every bite of it.

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:seeya:

Aww... the only thing you should be afraid of is making me envious! Enjoy!

Thank you Brooke. Talked to his case manager a bit ago and he's a little better this afternoon. I'm taking him to Sedona tomorrow and that always works its magic on him. :heartbeat:

I also love cooking for people ... For all kinds of reasons....I bet you would like my favorite book The School of Essential Ingredients. I'm getting ready to read it again. :)
Very glad to hear he was doing some better this afternoon. Your home in Sedona seems to me to be a special, healing place. I'm glad you've got it, glad for you both.

Oh my gosh!! That book is one I've wanted to get! Bet we'd all have a really good time in the kitchen. Just know we would! :)

Hope your cleanse did you some good and you're on your way to feeling lots better.

Big Texas-sized hug for you both!

Thank you so much guys. He was better last night, bad again this morning. But he's with me and in his program so there's a lot to be thankful for. Xo

Ps last night's dinner was a delicious kale, cabbage, nectarine, fennel salad with spicy peanut dressing and spinach kale balls I got from Trader Joe's. we both loved it. In case anyone was wondering. :seeya:

I woke up this morning thinking about Alphonse and hoping he is feeling better today.

My FIL is a psychiatrist and I asked him about the new meds you posted about on your blog and he let me know that he has read alot of great things about it. He has no experience first hand with it yet, but said he has read alot of research and it looks very promising.

(I also asked him if apple juice could improve symptoms and he > :floorlaugh:.

I know, I know. Eating healthy is important for all of us but honestly, if he enjoys a not so healthy meal, in the midst of his crisis, MORE POWER TO HIM.

:blushing:

You are doing a wonderful, selfless thing.

I hope your gall bladder is feeling better this morning. I have had a few episodes of kidney stones and ....wow. Stones are beyond debilitating. :scared:

You said key lime pie....mmmmm....

I once did a driveby key lime pie-ing. I had a older client who was a recent divorcee (is that right for a male?) and was talking about how he loved this one key lime pie. I sort of out of curiosity just interviewed him about what made it so special...but what he didn't know was I had this abundance of limes at my house. I went home and made that exact pie as best I could and took it over to his house (I know where he lives cuz his daughter is my friend) and key lime pie'd him. Now I wish I had some right now too...my friend made some last weekend in Sedona out of avocados, raw style and it was surprisingly good!

Did someone say key lime pie?? Yummy. That is my most favorite summertime desert. KCL if you have any spare time ( and it is OK if you can't find the time) could you post your recipe? I do know you are extremely busy...so if you can't post, don't feel bad. I can always look a recipe up online. I usually by it in the frozen food department when they have it.
Speaking of comfort foods. I remember long ago I was in the hospital for a month on interveinus because of intestinal problems. When I finally got to eat, I wanted a can of Danish Butter cookies. Ate the whole can by myself in the hospital room within 24 hours. Drs. didn't care because I was eating and it was staying down. Delicious.

Very glad to hear he was doing some better this afternoon. Your home in Sedona seems to me to be a special, healing place. I'm glad you've got it, glad for you both.

Oh my gosh!! That book is one I've wanted to get! Bet we'd all have a really good time in the kitchen. Just know we would! :)

Hope your cleanse did you some good and you're on your way to feeling lots better.

Big Texas-sized hug for you both!

You know it! Not my kitchen though cuz it's the size of a postage stamp but I've cranked out some serious meals out of that dinky space.

Alfonse and I have taken cooking classes together too..that's one of his favorite hobbies, cooking. We hold Chopped Challenges with my family on vacations annually...we are a serious cooking family. :D

YOu will LOVE that book...there's also a sequel "The Art of Mixing" which I'm saving to read in a double feature on my vacation just a week from today! :rockon:

Did someone say key lime pie?? Yummy. That is my most favorite summertime desert. KCL if you have any spare time ( and it is OK if you can't find the time) could you post your recipe? I do know you are extremely busy...so if you can't post, don't feel bad. I can always look a recipe up online. I usually by it in the frozen food department when they have it.
Speaking of comfort foods. I remember long ago I was in the hospital for a month on interveinus because of intestinal problems. When I finally got to eat, I wanted a can of Danish Butter cookies. Ate the whole can by myself in the hospital room within 24 hours. Drs. didn't care because I was eating and it was staying down. Delicious.

Here's my trick. I always take a recipe I'm seeking, google it with the word "best" next to it. That's when you get all the bloggers who've perfected other people's recipes. It was a while ago I made that key lime pie but here's an example of what I may have used:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/key-lime-pie-recipe/index.html

5 stars! It's super easy to make too. You could even purchase a premade graham cracker crust. :seeya:

I woke up this morning thinking about Alphonse and hoping he is feeling better today.

My FIL is a psychiatrist and I asked him about the new meds you posted about on your blog and he let me know that he has read alot of great things about it. He has no experience first hand with it yet, but said he has read alot of research and it looks very promising.

(I also asked him if apple juice could improve symptoms and he > :floorlaugh:.

I know, I know. Eating healthy is important for all of us but honestly, if he enjoys a not so healthy meal, in the midst of his crisis, MORE POWER TO HIM.

:blushing:

You are doing a wonderful, selfless thing.

I hope your gall bladder is feeling better this morning. I have had a few episodes of kidney stones and ....wow. Stones are beyond debilitating. :scared:

I feel alot better but am still babying my gallbladder. All I know is if I go on that fast once a year or so I feel a lot better.

What I went to sleep wondering last night is when did Soul Food get labeled as Junk Food?

It's not like I served him a plate of cheese curls and Ho Ho's. :floorlaugh:

Soul food is called that for a reason....feeds your soul. One of John's favorite places to eat is Lolo's Chicken and Waffles--grits, greens, etc. mmmmmm

And thanks for asking your Psychiatrist FIL about that Sustenna. So far I'm feeling optimistic about it. John's Psychiatrist also has good results from it. I like the "less is more" approach. Less side effects as well.

But just wondering how you felt marrying a man who's father was a shrink? :lol: (which of course also describes Alfonse and me lol)

That's hilarious..So specific, Danish Butter cookies (I know exactly what you are talking about too). lol

I had 2 days of food poisoning once and after I came out of it all I could think of eating was a BLT. Go figure (although my Dad makes amazing BLT's so it might have been some kind of comfort memory there too). I went out to get one and it was disappointing...guess it wasn't my Dad's! :seeya:

We feed ourselves on many levels I think.

katiecoolady, I don't post that often, as my real life is too nuts most days, causing my brain to feel like mush. I just want to tell you how I so love reading all your posts, and you have given me inner strength so many times on so many days! I have a son, whom I care for, that has alot of similar medical issues as your beloved brother.
Please know you are my hero!I only wish i could just sit down on our front porch and talk to you! Thank you for sharing, as you have. You just do not realize the positive effect that has on so many. Sendin a big hug to you and to Alphonse too.

katiecoolady, I don't post that often, as my real life is too nuts most days, causing my brain to feel like mush. I just want to tell you how I so love reading all your posts, and you have given me inner strength so many times on so many days! I have a son, whom I care for, that has alot of similar medical issues as your beloved brother.
Please know you are my hero!I only wish i could just sit down on our front porch and talk to you! Thank you for sharing, as you have. You just do not realize the positive effect that has on so many. Sendin a big hug to you and to Alphonse too.

Thank you so much...greetings from beautiful Sedona! :seeya: it makes me very happy to see these words. :heartbeat:

Nilaga is my favorite, it's made with beef (my mom uses beef ribs) and you add cabbage and bokchoy (asian cabbage) at the end. So it is comforting and healthy. My mom is 72 years strong, still has her own garden, and she eats all the veggies and fruits she grows. I don't know where she gets the energy.

Please find out. :please: Have car; will travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne