George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scarlett, someday I hope to be in a position to buy you a drink...or three. I just want to thank you for your incredible patience and level headedness during this discussion. Many has been the time when I've started to post something in the heat of the moment, thought to myself: WWSD? and deleted. I do believe your good influence is the only thing that has kept me out of band camp.

Just so you know, I spit my mac and cheese out when I got to WWSD?!Ha..

I care so much about the Law. Am hoping to dabble my toes in it soon.

But as with all cases, I need to be led by the evidence not my passion, Not my emotion.

My favorite quote.

Law is reason free from passion. Aristotle.
I believe that.

I believe that we need to prove people are guilty of their crimes and not just convict on how we feel about them or our feelings on gun control or ages or whatever. It has to be based on the evidence.

I tune out the posts I feel are all emotion and personal slant. It is not relevant to me.

I am so enjoying being with you all because normally before this place, I would watch all alone and make my family crazy.. :)

Just as an aside, this was one of the most shocking parts of her testimony for me. I can not conceive of any circumstance that would prevent me from immediately checking up on a friend (or an acquaintance, for that matter) who I believed to have been in a physical altercation with someone. Their phone would be ringing off the hook and if they didn't answer, I'd be on the other line to the police.

BBM

I think that is why she stated she felt guilty in her testimony. I don't think it meant she necessarily goaded TM into confronting or fighting with GZ as some posters have surmised. MOO

Just so you know, I spit my mac and cheese out when I got to WWSD?!Ha..

I care so much about the Law. Am hoping to dabble my toes in it soon.

But as with all cases, I need to be led by the evidence not my passion, Not my emotion.

My favorite quote.

Law is reason free from passion. Aristotle.
I believe that.

I believe that we need to prove people are guilty of their crimes and not just convict on how we feel about them or our feelings on gun control or ages or whatever. It has to be based on the evidence.

I tune out the posts I feel are all emotion and personal slant. It is not relevant to me.

I am so enjoying being with you all because normally before this place, I would watch all alone and make my family crazy.. :)
That is an excellent quote, and you pretty much describe perfectly how I feel about it.

Please quit saying where was no evidence...THERE WAS, Goodman saw Trayvon hitting Zimmerman, now you can choose not to believe it, but there WAS evidence.

AFTER the SHOT is when a couple people saw Zimmerman over Trayvon. CONSISTENT with Zimmerman's account.

IMO!
John Good said on the stand that he only saw fists moving never saw them actually connect.

qwerty2013, prolly the best definition or analogy for circumstantial evidence that I have come across is;

'If you go to bed at night and there is no snow on the ground. Yet, when you wake up the next morning and peer out the window to see that there is an accumulation of snow on the ground.'

"It snowed during the night"...

Sorry, not at all comparable, and a red herring, IMO. Up and down arm motions could be pushing and shoving, not punching, or one restraining the other who was resisting and pushing back. JG changed his testimony and was a lot more cautious under oath, which means he could not be sure it was punching. IMO. Snow is snow, period.

Since they were able to show on the infamous Dummy that GZ would have been unable to draw his weapon had TM actually been on top of him, I still believe that GZ approached TM with gun drawn and grabbed his arm in order to make a citizen's arrest...fits with RJ's " Get off of me" testimony.
IMO

Closing arguments about to commence...
Good thing the Felony Third Degree Murder was introduced by the State...now TM's family can't come back and argue that it wasn't even considered...Remember, the State was able to give many precedents for that very charge. IMO

For those who watched the Arias trial and love Juan Martinez.... I have so many things to say about this Judge and the charges against Zimmerman using Juan's 'Dontcha know?' style....;)

No he ran into a mailbox then fell on a bush.

This is the same thing is believing a bunch of crazy hippies killing Lacy Peterson.

Possible that TM fell forward after being shot and caused the injury to GZ's nose. IMO

They said it "appeared" to be but from my understanding he didn't go get checked until the next day and if I'm recalling this correctly, it was said it wasn't broken. Again, I could be wrong but this is my understanding.

and De Maio confirmed that the nose was displaced based on the disfiguration in the photos taken at the scene compared to those at the police station. jmo

GZ fired his gun in very close proximity to his face and recoil caused the butt of the gun to pop him in the nose. IMO

There is no way by the evidence in the case, that this is possible. Not where TM was shot and not with them both laying down.

If it would get me out of jail (for whatever reasons) I would punch myself. FACT.

And if (for whatever reasons) I should face being jailed for life, and slamming myself onto concrete could get me out, I would do it, no question.

IMO

tumblr_lwl3h4nXWZ1r7gq2to1_500.gif

Is it against the law to draw a bow back...... before you release the arrow? IMO

Since they were able to show on the infamous Dummy that GZ would have been unable to draw his weapon had TM actually been on top of him, I still believe that GZ approached TM with gun drawn and grabbed his arm in order to make a citizen's arrest...fits with RJ's " Get off of me" testimony.
IMO

Closing arguments about to commence...
Good thing the Felony Third Degree Murder was introduced by the State...now TM's family can't come back and argue that it wasn't even considered...Remember, the State was able to give many precedents for that very charge. IMO

BBM

That charge will not be allowed then, is that correct? Murder 2, manslaughter or not guilty are the choices for the jury? TIA.

GZ fired his gun in very close proximity to his face and recoil caused the butt of the gun to pop him in the nose. IMO

No expert, medical or firearm testified to that. JMO but if the State believed that was even possible they would have brought in testimony so they could argue it later. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rube Goldberg Variations