George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Judge hasn't yet ruled....To me, it's absolutely unforgivable that GZ was originally allowed to keep walking free after what he did to a 17 year old boy. And that the public had to make the DA feel ashamed to even get any attempt at seeking justice. What's cruel to me is the brutal unjustified killing of a child, child in the eyes of the law. IMO
He was not a child and I'm sorry, but if someone was beating me up I would retaliate. IMO

Thank you! Those who believe the victim, the DEAD VICTIM, is innocent of all the speculation about how dangerous and monstrous he is, is unfortunately in the minority. This is what disturbs me the most. There's NO EVIDENCE that TM punched or slammed GZ's face and head, only GZ's words. GZ's injuries could have been sustained elsewhere, yet TM being the aggressor is already accepted as the truth. There's no evidence that TM acted violently that night, no DNA of GZ was found on his person, yet this is generally spoken as facts.

I look at the evidence, or the lack thereof, and feel so sad...:sigh:
No evidence? What do you think those photos are? IMO

After TM's parents sued the HOA and received a reported million dollar settlement in April, their attorney Crump announced they would be suing GZ after the trial.

I really hope they don't sue him if he is acquitted but I am sure they will as that seems to be par for the course especially in high profile cases. I hope GZ moves somewhere where they cannot touch his money. IMO
What on earth could they sue him for? I sure hope they don't IMO.

It's also been a point of concern for that TM's father seemed to show no concern that his son (who had recently been suspended and sent to live with him over behavioral propblems) did not come home that night. He didn't contact police or otherwise make an effort to find out where he was until the next morning. IMO
I said that in the very beginning. He had no concern that he hadn't come home. IMO

I finally caught up in here.

I am really appalled. I can't believe this even made it to trial. I really hope the jury sees through all this and finds GZ not guilty.

Doesn't it take A Village? Just look at the murders happening in StL, Chicago, Toledo, etc., and it's not rocket science. It starts AT HOME!!! Oh, not to mention quelling the debauchery of MSM (MTV, VH1, horrible values our kids are exposed to, etc.)

My Opinion Only

You really didn't mean this?
What if the boy gets killed before he GETS HOME ? IMO

If he's found not guilty why would he not be allowed to carry a weapon? He did the right thing and was lucky he had his gun that night imo. Now there are death threats, etc against him, he deserves to protect himself imo.
Just curious, after the DV complaint, how on earth was he allowed to keep his gun? Or did he get the gun afterwards?

Anyone here know Florida law? Specifically, there are six jurors. To get a guilty verdict, must the vote be unanimous? If there is one holdout, is the jury hung? Will the attorneys ask for a countof votes? Thanks.

But, but, but.....shouldn't the defense be objecting to the outright lies?
IMO, why bother? The prosecution is doing a pretty good job of advocating for GZ and the blatant lies the prosecution is telling are showing sheer desperation.

IMO - TM would also still be alive if he had listened to RJ on the phone, who told him to get home fast. Also keeping it simple. Unfortunately, bad judgement by both individuals. It might also have helped if the person on the non-emergency line had not kept asking every 30 seconds which way TM went...also simple. Lots of things went wrong.

Dispatcher thought GZ was in the car when he asked those questions because GZ said that TM was circling the car, had his hands in waste band, dispatcher said "let me know if he doesn't anything else" knowing GZ was in the car. GZ was in the car when TM ran and told dispatcher that as well but when dispatcher realized GZ was going after him, that was when he said "are you following him?"

This happens every night and day in the areas I live in or live near. And my son who is LE says it never makes the news unless it is a child, very small or an athlete. Then it makes big news. It makes me wonder if we would have even heard about this had TM's parents not turned it into a racial cause and gotten everyone involved. jmo

Happens here everyday & doesn't make MSM . . . IMHO Race has NOTHING to do with this trial. It's about self defense.

MHO:twocents:

They wouldn't. They were in jail, already arrested. There is a link someone to their arrest weeks prior to GZ killing Trayvon. :twocents:

I respectfully request a link because I am confident you have your facts wrong. TIA

I'm glad I'm not in Florida where every cop wanna-be is permitted by law to run around armed and follow who they feel is suspicious.

touchee.. with all due respect, I'm glad I don't live in NJ where a home invader with 9 prior felony convictions assaults a mother with 2 small children caught on nannycam. Due to the disarming of its law abiding citizens..

The bottom line is that getting out of your car is not illegal.

IMO

Neither is jumping in a lions cage, but would it be wise to do so? If you are reporting a "suspect" wouldn't you want to be wise and not go after him? :twocents:

But, but, but.....shouldn't the defense be objecting to the outright lies?

I'm not listening to the livestream because the State makes me ill in this case, but I'm assuming they're using discretion and feel that the lies being told are about things they can overcome in their own closing and/or are not egregious enough to violate due process. It's rare for objections to be made in closing arguments for tactical reasons, so I'm sure they're just being judicious. jmo

Just curious, after the DV complaint, how on earth was he allowed to keep his gun? Or did he get the gun afterwards?

Evidently there wasn't enough evidence of wrongdoing to take it from him? I don't know. I would trust GZ completely to have a gun. imo

This makes me sooo sad. I haven't looked...just can't. My son was the same height and weight at that age...matter of fact he still is now that he's in his 20s. No way would he have had the upperhand in ANY fight, yet alone with a guy of GZ's stature (and he played football as a kid as well).
Then I think how scared he would be that this guy was following him...and it makes me cry.
:therethere: I hear that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member