George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM, that's why I have little compassion. I think their parenting was virtually non-existent and they failed TM. Any kid on an out of school suspension for 10 days needs guidance and probably discipline, I don't see that TM had either. imo.

It is very easy to comment on another's inability to appropriately parent a child/children. Consideration has to be given to how the parents were raised and under what types of conditions. I learned a lot about this while working as a pediatric home health nurse. IMO

Yes and if I was home I would go in and lock the door and call police. I would not stay out and follow him back..

But Rj says that TM was not afraid.. She told him to run and he did not. he said.. no.

She also said he was out of breath. That would indicate running. GZ said that TM was running. What exactly is the logic that TM would run back? <mod snip> Why would someone run and then go back to confront the person they were running from? Better question, why is it so easy to think TM started the confrontation when GZ was the one who initiated this whole thing? GZ had to go out of his way to end up where he was that night. He had to park, get out of his car(didn't he have to move his car again?) Walk behind the houses in order to go the same direction TM was going. It sounds like he was the aggressive one. That's aggressive behavior. He didn't want TM to get away. Get away from what? He didn't do anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there, I'm a lurker. Been lurking since the beginning of the Arias trial. I can't lurk any longer. I have to say that I feel like BDLR has insulted my intelligence throughout this entire trial. I can't help but feel that some of the jurors may feel the same. IMO, every time he speaks, the "simple caveman lawyer" skit from SNL pops into my head. Does anyone else think this?

I watched every minute of the jury selection on wftv.com. If you have not seen it I highly recommend you check it out. It is extremely fascinating. Especially the whole group questioning at the end. TO ME, Mark O'Meara presented as a trustworthy law professor, BLDR presented as a stand up comedian. IMO The jurors they questioned seemed insightful and articulate. They were not afraid to voice their opinions or ask questions. They seemed as though they were truly interested in understanding how the law should be applied. This makes me hopeful for a just verdict if the jury can keep their courage to give one. IMO

Normally, I am a solid pro prosecution supporter of justice. My reaction to this trial has surprised me. It has been an eye-opening experience for me to see the length at which the government can and will attempt to manipulate the justice system and the media can and will manipulate the public. IMO

All of this is very heartbreaking, sad and scary. IMO.

I appreciate the opinions, insights and civility on this forum. This is a good place with well-meaning, considerate people. Going back to lurking now.

Congratulations on your first post Marrietta! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

:wagon:

What statute or law did he violate due to his moral or ethical failures? Since this is a legal proceeding, how do you feel legally? IMO

I'm biased and incapable of being impartial.

I've been a crime victim. Believe me, you wouldn't want to arm me. I'd be way over zealous.

I do understand how you feel about your son. I have beene a victim of crime a couple of times. I still don't carry a weapon but I am thinking about it. I don't know....I might be too frightened to move. We are all different. IMO, GZ was defending himself from an attack of someone younger and stronger. And if I was getting beaten and I did have a weapon, I would use it. But I know we have our own opinions. I am just looking at the evidence and I see self defense.

She also said he was out of breath. That would indicate running. GZ said that TM was running. What exactly is the logic that TM would run back? That is so asinine. Why would someone run and then go back to confront the person they were running from? Better question, why is it so easy to think TM started the confrontation when GZ was the one who initiated this whole thing? GZ had to go out of his way to end up where he was that night. He had to park, get out of his car(didn't he have to move his car again?) Walk behind the houses in order to go the same direction TM was going. It sounds like he was the aggressive one. That's aggressive behavior. He didn't want TM to get away. Get away from what? He didn't do anything?

No way in the world GZ could catch TM if TM wanted to get away imo.

"When I walked back toward him.." In GZ's own words...Gotcha GZ...you were still in pursuit.....IMO

Vigilante mode....suspect this and suspect that...IMO

We had a kid who elbowed another in the face during soccer practice - the nose looked exactly like the above pictures. At the emergency room they said that only one side of the nose was fractured and there was nothing they could do but let it heal on it's own. Made for some bad feeling amongst the parents...

I only say this because the injury looked so familiar.

It could have been from when Trayvon was trying to have GZ "Get Off", as per RJ's testimony. Maybe he elbowed him while trying to get GZ off of him? JMO and what I think really happened.

I'm thinking that if I am ever in a position to be Neighborhood Watch Captain I will make it my business to get to know everyone in the area concerned. GZ should have made that his most important task. IMO

Bernie quit saying that Trayvon was a boy or a kid.
Ya know, I've worked with "kids" for 20 years. What should I call a 17 year old? It's what my colleagues call them as well. Seriously, when I refer to them, what should I say? I'm not calling them children...except I did when I worked with the younger ones, but you hit a certain age...and ya just call them kids. :)

omg - did he seriously say he didn't even steal the skittles? WOW

If your troubled son came to stay with you for a week, wouldn't you let him know of a Neighborhood Watch Program....and maybe even grounded him??

I don't know if TM was aware of the neighborhood watch program. I would have grounded him. But TM wasn't home. And TM was a teenager. So I think it's possible that he used poor judgement if he was grounded. However I believe he should pay for it with his life.

Hi there, I'm a lurker. Been lurking since the beginning of the Arias trial. I can't lurk any longer. I have to say that I feel like BDLR has insulted my intelligence throughout this entire trial. I can't help but feel that some of the jurors may feel the same. IMO, every time he speaks, the "simple caveman lawyer" skit from SNL pops into my head. Does anyone else think this?

I watched every minute of the jury selection on wftv.com. If you have not seen it I highly recommend you check it out. It is extremely fascinating. Especially the whole group questioning at the end. TO ME, Mark O'Meara presented as a trustworthy law professor, BLDR presented as a stand up comedian. IMO The jurors they questioned seemed insightful and articulate. They were not afraid to voice their opinions or ask questions. They seemed as though they were truly interested in understanding how the law should be applied. This makes me hopeful for a just verdict if the jury can keep their courage to give one. IMO

Normally, I am a solid pro prosecution supporter of justice. My reaction to this trial has surprised me. It has been an eye-opening experience for me to see the length at which the government can and will attempt to manipulate the justice system and the media can and will manipulate the public. IMO

All of this is very heartbreaking, sad and scary. IMO.

I appreciate the opinions, insights and civility on this forum. This is a good place with well-meaning, considerate people. Going back to lurking now.

Makes me question how many innocent people have been prosecuted, especially to "close a case".

When is BDLR going to talk about the evidence that proves his case? So far I haven't seen it. MOO.

I just turned the video back on only to almost jump out of my seat. Why is he yelling like that? That too in the direction of the jurors? Make him stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diannewl