George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - Big LIE pointed out by Bernie right there. GZ did in fact know the names of the streets

Horace, it is you who maybe is not watching the trial, Trayvon did nothing wrong, walking home is not a crime, carrying a gun and using it to kill an unarmed teen is a crime, maybe not where u live but it sure is where I am

Here's the problem. The crime did not begin when people began following one another. None of that is against the law. Both parties had an obligation to walk away at that point. No blood no foul.

But we know that at some point Martin did engage in a violent act. Zimmerman received trauma to his head and face. The closest witness puts Martin on top delivering these injuries. And the medical examiners, both prosecutors and defense are clear that this had to happen before the shooting.

So where did the crime begin? Who swung first? Who started the violence? Who committed the actual crime? The chief prosecution ear witness Ms Jeantel puts Martin as the one who began the direct verbal encounter with Zimmerman. Prior to that there is no evidence as to any contact between the two? I have not seen any evidence presented as to who started the actual violence? I see indications where both parties could have reasonably been fearful. But nothing that tells me how their encounter went down. And that is not a good thing for the prosecution.

I'm thinking that if I am ever in a position to be Neighborhood Watch Captain I will make it my business to get to know everyone in the area concerned. GZ should have made that his most important task. IMO

And knowing the three streets.

I don't see the jury convicting GZ merely on the address issue. MOO.

Hi there, I'm a lurker. Been lurking since the beginning of the Arias trial. I can't lurk any longer. I have to say that I feel like BDLR has insulted my intelligence throughout this entire trial. I can't help but feel that some of the jurors may feel the same. IMO, every time he speaks, the "simple caveman lawyer" skit from SNL pops into my head. Does anyone else think this?

I watched every minute of the jury selection on wftv.com. If you have not seen it I highly recommend you check it out. It is extremely fascinating. Especially the whole group questioning at the end. TO ME, Mark O'Meara presented as a trustworthy law professor, BLDR presented as a stand up comedian. IMO The jurors they questioned seemed insightful and articulate. They were not afraid to voice their opinions or ask questions. They seemed as though they were truly interested in understanding how the law should be applied. This makes me hopeful for a just verdict if the jury can keep their courage to give one. IMO

Normally, I am a solid pro prosecution supporter of justice. My reaction to this trial has surprised me. It has been an eye-opening experience for me to see the length at which the government can and will attempt to manipulate the justice system and the media can and will manipulate the public. IMO

All of this is very heartbreaking, sad and scary. IMO.

I appreciate the opinions, insights and civility on this forum. This is a good place with well-meaning, considerate people. Going back to lurking now.

Welcome! Thank you for your insightful post.

I do understand how you feel about your son. I have beene a victim of crime a couple of times. I still don't carry a weapon but I am thinking about it. I don't know....I might be too frightened to move. We are all different. IMO, GZ was defending himself from an attack of someone younger and stronger. And if I was getting beaten and I did have a weapon, I would use it. But I know we have our own opinions. I am just looking at the evidence and I see self defense.

CII, I was also nervous when I first decided to purchase a weapon. Consistent and frequent training has made me much more confident and I highly recommend finding a reputable range and instructor for training.

Hi there, I'm a lurker. Been lurking since the beginning of the Arias trial. I can't lurk any longer. I have to say that I feel like BDLR has insulted my intelligence throughout this entire trial. I can't help but feel that some of the jurors may feel the same. IMO, every time he speaks, the "simple caveman lawyer" skit from SNL pops into my head. Does anyone else think this?

I watched every minute of the jury selection on wftv.com. If you have not seen it I highly recommend you check it out. It is extremely fascinating. Especially the whole group questioning at the end. TO ME, Mark O'Meara presented as a trustworthy law professor, BLDR presented as a stand up comedian. IMO The jurors they questioned seemed insightful and articulate. They were not afraid to voice their opinions or ask questions. They seemed as though they were truly interested in understanding how the law should be applied. This makes me hopeful for a just verdict if the jury can keep their courage to give one. IMO

Normally, I am a solid pro prosecution supporter of justice. My reaction to this trial has surprised me. It has been an eye-opening experience for me to see the length at which the government can and will attempt to manipulate the justice system and the media can and will manipulate the public. IMO

All of this is very heartbreaking, sad and scary. IMO.

I appreciate the opinions, insights and civility on this forum. This is a good place with well-meaning, considerate people. Going back to lurking now.

I can't agree with you - it's M'OM's voice and technique that is like fingernails dragging on a board.

I think BDLR is doing a great job of filling in the inconsistencies of the defense case which IMO is pretty weak. Covering all of GZ lies and inconsistencies. And if West's high drama over the 3rd degree manslaughter charge this morning is any example - this presentation will pale compared with what the defense will do.

Mind you - I'm from Canada and we are scrappers who rarely use guns as anyone who watches hockey would know. We all fight but no one pulls a gun because they are losing.

IMO

I really think if I was on that jury I would probably crack a smile or giggle because of how he is yelling and acting now. Juvenile I know but I wouldn't be able to help it. jmo

No way in the world GZ could catch TM if TM wanted to get away imo.

And go where? He didn't know the neighborhood. TM was originally walking down the street. When he noticed GZ following him he cut behind houses. He probably didn't cut behind houses before. So he could have been turned around.

IMO the fact that he should have kept running is disturbing. You are right. He should have. Possibly he would have if he thought he could be hunted down like an animal and shot for doing nothing wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMO but when a lawyer feels the need to constantly raise his voice or yell to make a point, I tune out. The truth does not need to be loud to be heard.

On and on about the address. Do you have anything else BDLR? MOO.

C'mon prosecutor, GZ was in the area - going out to Target - when he sighted TM. (oh no, I used a word other than 'saw', I must be a cop wanna-be.) IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dontstayin