George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
With kids these days, you never know the real meaning. I have heard kids use the "N" word to white kids.

I wish they would stop using all this kind of language, but it seems to just get worse. Not in my house though! There would be hello to pay if I ever heard any of it.

Yes. In fact, there was testimony that TM also referred to GZ as the "N" word. Just my opinion but I doubt he meant it affectionately.

I don't know. We've had the discussion repeatedly. He says he'd run.
But I'm not sure as he's very confident. He's been grabbed up at the neck by an adult man. He remained calm and resisted the urge to use his 10 years of martial arts training and 4 years of karv maga. The man let go. He remained calm.

Charges were filed and the man prosecuted.

I would be terrified if someone was following me! I think my kids would be very scared if they were being followed and they are very tough. They may pretend not to be scared, but they would be inside. Even the one who is a hard arse. :facepalm: JMO

See, IMO the fact he says he wouldn't do anything differently is just incredulous. Really?! You are being charged with the murder of an unarmed 17 year-old, and you are good with that?!
Wow.

Yep.. shows ME his state of mind. IMO

IMO, the State is making a pretty good argument. I bet the Defense will be equally as good. The State has addressed some of the lingering questions I had. I hope, that whatever the outcome, the citizens of the state of Florida accept it and do not react with violence. JMV

I cannot stand the sound of this guy's voice!

His argument is not very good IMO. Tired of hearing about skittles and profiling.

From what I remember, she hit a tree at full force, not just fell in the snow, and also chose not to go to the emergency room.

Remember this inasmuch as I ski. She was on what's called a "bunny hill"/ beginners with lots of small kids. She fell hit her head, could have been a stone/rock/hard ice, covered in snow. It blew me away, remember thinking, her time was simply up..freak accident. Funny seeing this here, because I thought of her when immediately when hearing GZ head, was banged on the sidewalk. He's guilty of living?IMO

Wow.. I have a 15 year old and I still treat him as a kid and crikey he acts like one and is as sweet as one!! Guess it might all be in the parenting IMO. TM's parents were good upstanding citizens...I'm sure their son was a "good kid" IMO

My post has nothing to do with who is a good kid; my response was what *I* call someone at that age. I do not call my 16 year old a kid. She is a young adult, young lady, teenager. She is not a kid. My teenager can be as sweet as pie or bratty (I was a female teenager myself and I could be a real moody judy sometimes as well) and I still hug her and I still love her and I'M a great parent so please do not mischaracterize what my response was about; there was nothing in my response which disparaged their parenting or that he wasn't "good." I'm talking about what I call my 16 year old.

Dispatcher thought GZ was in the car when he asked those questions because GZ said that TM was circling the car, had his hands in waste band, dispatcher said "let me know if he doesn't anything else" knowing GZ was in the car. GZ was in the car when TM ran and told dispatcher that as well but when dispatcher realized GZ was going after him, that was when he said "are you following him?"

One thing wrong in the above......Zimmerman NEVER said to the non emergency dispatcher that Trayvon was circling his car. Zimmerman claimed that he said that to the dispatcher during the walk through with LE the next day.

Wait he has security video but does not need to show it to Jurors?? Is that right?

According to CNN, the judge limited and “redacted” security cameras video. And she further blocked those who know about it from talking about it, and blocked news media from finding out about it. The security expert was allowed to give testimony about the security cameras, however, this judge would not allow him to testify as to what he saw on the videos nor would she allow all of the security camera videos be placed in evidence or shown to the jury. There were 9 cameras in the complex, 1 at the gate was broken. So what about all of the other 8.

Wow.. I have a 15 year old and I still treat him as a kid and crikey he acts like one and is as sweet as one!! Guess it might all be in the parenting IMO. TM's parents were good upstanding citizens...I'm sure their son was a "good kid" IMO

With all due respect you don't know that. TM was suspended from school during the time this happened. It was not the first time.

This has been an interesting and sad case. In my opinion, it says a great deal about where we are as a nation, and not all of it good. Ultimately it comes down to this:

This is what we KNOW...

An armed adult profiled and repeatedly followed an unarmed black teenager. This teen repeatedly attempted to get away from him -- first by walking, then running. Ultimately, the adult was able to catch the teen, a conflict occured, and the teen was gunned down. These are the basic facts agreed to by everyone involved.

A lot of that is not anything hat we "know". Much of it is simply a "theory of the crime" or story as presented by the prosecution. The problem is they have offered pretty much nothing in the way of evidence for any of it. We know that Zimmerman called the cops about a wandering strange black youth in his community. And we know that the subsequent encounter ended in obvious injuries to one and a single fatal gunshot to the other. That is all we KNOW.

If we parse the available physical evidence and credible third party witness testimony(sorry both mothers testimony gets tossed in my mind) we can also reasonably surmise that at some point in the encounter Zimmerman was on his back with Trevon on top striking him. We further have some indication that Trevon began the verbal encounter.

My post has nothing to do with who is a good kid; my response was what *I* call someone at that age. I do not call my 16 year old a kid. She is a young adult, young lady, teenager. She is not a kid. My teenager can be as sweet as pie or bratty (I was a female teenager myself and I could be a real moody judy sometimes as well) and I still hug her and I still love her and I'M a great parent so please do not mischaracterize what my response was about; there was nothing in my response which disparaged their parenting or that he wasn't "good." I'm talking about what I call my 16 year old.

Most 16 yo would resent being called a kid!

JMO

This has been an interesting and sad case. In my opinion, it says a great deal about where we are as a nation, and not all of it good. Ultimately it comes down to this:

This is what we KNOW...

An armed adult profiled and repeatedly followed an unarmed black teenager. This teen repeatedly attempted to get away from him -- first by walking, then running. Ultimately, the adult was able to catch the teen, a conflict occured, and the teen was gunned down. These are the basic facts agreed to by everyone involved.

For everything else there are questions, and most of the "answers" have come from the statements offered by the adult who has the most to gain by lying. Many of these statements are conflicting or (IMO) downright ludicrous.

BUT...

The prosecution has to convince all six jurors that GZ is guilty. He needs all six, and given the political and cultural overtones of this case that was always an outlandishly long shot. Which is why I get the feeling the prosecution didn't really bother.

Final thought: Had it been ME out there that night instead of Trayvon I would have made it home just fine. I would have been home for dinner. I would have made it home because Zimmerman wouldn't have marked me as a target.

In my opinion only.

BBM

IMO, I just don't see this as GZ profiled TM. IF, there had not been recent B/E in the area that were done by AA boys/men then that would be profiling. But GZ saw TM in a dark hoodie walking around his neighborhood and got suspicous. IMO, not profiling.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname