George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think that's not true. I can not believe the word of Zimmerman claiming he was attacked by a "laying in wait" Travon. It makes zero sense. Travon was in fear and using self defense and lost.
If Zimmerman was screaming why did it stop the instant he shot that boy? Why wasn't it muffled screams because supposedly Travon covered his nose & mouth?

Linda,
If TM was in fear, why did he leave his home and go back to confront GZ? How can one person say how another should act when a gun goes off? When the detective questioned GZ he told him a witness had videotaped the incident. GZ said thank God! He WANTED the truth out there.

I will quote someone else. These two coming together was like a "perfect storm". I do think GZ being part of a neighborhood watch was just wanting to protect his neighbors. People say GZ should have stayed in his vehicle. TM should have been at home. What does any of that matter? It could well be right now that GZ would be dead and TM on trial for first degree murder as an adult for beating him to death. IMO. Someone died. Tragedy but not murder.

Wow.. I have a 15 year old and I still treat him as a kid and crikey he acts like one and is as sweet as one!! Guess it might all be in the parenting IMO. TM's parents were good upstanding citizens...I'm sure their son was a "good kid" IMO

A 15 year old was recently arrested in my community for carjacking and shooting the driver in the head, killing him. Sadly, it is not an anomaly anymore for young people to commit hideous, atrocious, vicious crimes. IMO

Remember this inasmuch as I ski. She was on what's called a "bunny hill"/ beginners with lots of small kids. She fell hit her head, could have been a stone/rock/hard ice, covered in snow. It blew me away, remember thinking, her time was simply up..freak accident. Funny seeing this here, because I thought of her when immediately when hearing GZ head, was banged on the sidewalk. He's guilty of living?IMO
I already answered to this, thanks

Of course the yelling stopped after the shot, GZ stopped the threat that was bashing his head in. MOO.

I don't watch crime shows on tv, but couldn't just about anyone learn "police jargon" from watching shows like CSI?

Good point. Or learn from reading at true crime boards! If I called 911 to report a suspicious person, I might refer to him as "the subject", and would refer to someone who had committed a crime as "the perp". And I'm no cop wannabe.

Linda,
If TM was in fear, why did he leave his home and go back to confront GZ? How can one person say how another should act when a gun goes off? When the detective questioned GZ he told him a witness had videotaped the incident. GZ said thank God! He WANTED the truth out there.

I will quote someone else. These two coming together was like a "perfect storm". I do think GZ being part of a neighborhood watch was just wanting to protect his neighbors. People say GZ should have stayed in his vehicle. TM should have been at home. What does any of that matter? It could well be right now that GZ would be dead and TM on trial for first degree murder as an adult for beating him to death. IMO. Someone died. Tragedy but not murder.

TM never made it home. Not that night. not ever again.

Wow.. I have a 15 year old and I still treat him as a kid and crikey he acts like one and is as sweet as one!! Guess it might all be in the parenting IMO. TM's parents were good upstanding citizens...I'm sure their son was a "good kid" IMO

Having both male and female children, now grown, I can attest that boys are usually " younger acting " for their age....like transformer figures...and yes they do try to look kewl with their peers...which is normal and not criminal. IMO

According to CNN, the judge limited and “redacted” security cameras video. And she further blocked those who know about it from talking about it, and blocked news media from finding out about it. The security expert was allowed to give testimony about the security cameras, however, this judge would not allow him to testify as to what he saw on the videos nor would she allow all of the security camera videos be placed in evidence or shown to the jury. There were 9 cameras in the complex, 1 at the gate was broken. So what about all of the other 8.

So he spoke about it in direct violation of that order??

Well I've heard much more powerful closings. Glad that's done and over with!

See, IMO the fact he says he wouldn't do anything differently is just incredulous. Really?! You are being charged with the murder of an unarmed 17 year-old, and you are good with that?!
Wow.

IMO, GZ's lack of remorse is damning. If I killed someone, even someone trying to hurt me, I cannot imagine not feeling remorse. Only time I would not feel remorse would be if I were a soldier in battle & I might even then. After all a lot of soldiers come home with PTSD.

With all due respect you don't know that. TM was suspended from school during the time this happened. It was not the first time.
I am 50 + and was suspended from school numerous times lol, I have never been arrested and own a multimillion dollar business, mistakes you make as kids do not mean you will be a criminal. IMO

My post has nothing to do with who is a good kid; my response was what *I* call someone at that age. I do not call my 16 year old a kid. She is a young adult, young lady, teenager. She is not a kid. My teenager can be as sweet as pie or bratty (I was a female teenager myself and I could be a real moody judy sometimes as well) and I still hug her and I still love her and I'M a great parent so please do not mischaracterize what my response was about; there was nothing in my response which disparaged their parenting or that he wasn't "good." I'm talking about what I call my 16 year old.

Right.. and I consider and characterize my 15 year old (going on 16) as a kid.. He'll be a kid in my estimation until I feel he has become a man... It was my opinion that parenting is involved. Psychologically he (my son) is not one at this point...and in my opinion, NOT a bad thing :)
I think TM was a kid.. MOO

I have to admit, I stopped listening. I just could not take it anymore. Nothing new. No facts that support murder, nothing that says this man wanted TM dead.

Nothing..

I think that the defense closing tomorrow is going to sound much more evidentiary as Most of the good testimony came from State witnesses anyway.

IMO, the State is making a pretty good argument. I bet the Defense will be equally as good. The State has addressed some of the lingering questions I had. I hope, that whatever the outcome, the citizens of the state of Florida accept it and do not react with violence. JMV

I agree :) The State made some good points, plus I never did see that interview GZ gave on TV about it being God's will. :banghead: I have always wondered how GZ was able to get his gun in the fashion he stated. I have always believed that TM saw it before GZ claimed he did therefore the struggle. GZ did himself a disservice by appearing on TV. I believe he is trying so hard to prove his case :twocents:

I would be terrified if someone was following me! I think my kids would be very scared if they were being followed and they are very tough. They may pretend not to be scared, but they would be inside. Even the one who is a hard arse. :facepalm: JMO

I so agree...People react differently to danger....just like in nature...the gazelle runs...the purcupine fish puffs up to scare its enemy away.

http://animal.discovery.com/fish/porcupine-fish-info.htm

IMO, TM was a porcupine fish and puffed out and lashed out to try to get away from a stranger who IMO was trying to detain him, very likely having showed TM his gun.

IMO...It doesn't make sense that GZ would politely say, "Hey kid, would you please stop and wait here with me for LE because to me you look like you're up to no good?"

To me, it does make sense that TM must have felt threatened by GZ...what better way than to show a gun?

IMO...GZ mistakenly thought TM was going to be a compliant gazelle, and GZ was going to play hero and serve up the "punk" to LE.

I feel this is a possible very logical scenario....much more logical that TM attacking GZ for absolutely no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member