George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
The facts/evidence of this case has not disproved GZ's version of events IMO.

They have also not proven them. No one saw TM attack GZ initially. The only evidence that has been provided is after the original altercation took place. In fact the the evidence leading up to the event is that GZ sought out TM. imo

In my opinion... WESH seems to be fine here, lol... although, don't all go there now and screw up my feed ;)

IMO

At work yesterday, I interjected "in my opinion" twice in an email that really didn't require it, and I didn't realize it until after I sent it. The person was probably like WTH.

IMO

That's right. There is no eye/ear witness who witnessed everything that happened. There is zero proof that TM started the physical altercation.

There is 0 proof that GZ started the fight and according to state witness it is TM that speaks to GZ first. First contact.

There is no proof whatsoever that GZ attacked TM. None.

The evidence is that TM beat on GZ. GZ was not injured until TM put his hands on him. TM had him on the ground and was overpowering him, Hurting him.

All the law says it that GZ had to have reasonable fear of great bodily injury or death.
That is there. by law that is there.

They have also not proven them. No one saw TM attack GZ initially. The only evidence that has been provided is after the original altercation took place. In fact the the evidence leading up to the event is that GZ sought out TM. imo

BBM

You're getting it backwards. The state has to disprove GZ's version beyond a reasonable doubt. They have to prove it wasn't self defense. They have not done that IMO. In that case, you have to aquit under the law.

I think it's important for M'OM to go over "beyond a reasonable doubt" Again, that was a concern with the jury after everything was said and done in the CA trial.

I understand how you feel, but cases live and die on reasonable doubt. Most jurors really do not understand how that concept works. It's dry stuff, but I think he's done ok getting thru some of it... I think he's worked off the jitters and getting in to it now.

IMO, MOM is one of the calmest and most respectful defense attorneys that I've ever watched.

IMO

He may be calm and respectful, but does that necessarily win cases? I don't know. I DO now kthe dry stuff won't cut it this early in the AM. Lay out the dry stuff, the doubts, etc, at the end, give them something to chew on. I would never remember, or care about anything he said right at the beginning.

Maybe he's using the "tell 'em what your gonna tell 'em", tell 'em, "then tell 'em what you told 'em"?

At this rate, even "I" tuned him out. I could be wrong - guess time will tell. I just think he needs to hit 'em with it, then tell 'em why he hit 'em, then bring up the law, charges, prejudice, and acquital.

You don't convict a man of murder based on ' could have's....

I understand that and that is not the argument that I am putting forward. A lot of people are stating that it is fact that TM attacked GZ but there is absolutely no evidence to prove this. IMO

People don't understand that unless there is evidence you don't convict a man of murder.
You can't say 'A man is dead so I will convict the defendant because he could have done it. Someone has to pay!'

The State has the burden of proof. No sufficient evidence, no conviction. Period.

IMO.

Good Morning!

I think MOM looks very tired this morning. I'm sure they all had a very long night!

I'm praying for Justice, plain and simple!

O'Mara is attesting to the Racial Profiling soooo enjoyed by vigilante GZ. IMO

Perth, this is a problem - and this is what MOM is trying to overcome. You've watched this trial, I'm sure, and I'm sure you've taken the evidence presented to heart. But after watching this trial you don't realize that the defense doesn't have to prove anything at all. All they have to do is make it clear that the state, who HAS the burden of proof, hasn't proved THEIR side.

Do you see this as a problem? The American Justice system relies on the idea of innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

The idea isn't if there's reasonable reason to believe they are guilty. You have to believe the person has been PROVEN guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

IMHO. I hope the jury gets this difference.

I was watching some program last night and the host listed the things that the prosecution had to prove to show 2nd-degree murder and manslaughter. For BOTH, the prosecution has to prove that Zimmerman did NOT shoot in self-defense. If he shot because he was in fear for his life or in fear of great bodily harm, the jury has to acquit him.

BBM

Yes! Think about this for a moment... if you believe that self defense took place, he is obviously not-guilty of both murder 2 and manslaughter.

IMO

BDLR could take lessons from O'Mara in how to add inflection in a statement without yelling.

MOO

Most of the facts support George's version. He had injuries to his nose and head. Even though the injuries weren't severe, after being hit so many times, George felt that they were. There were grass stains on the knees of Trayvon's pants and on the back of George's clothing. This supports John Good's statements that Trayvon was on top, on his knees, MMA style. George was lying on his back. According to Rachel's testimony, Trayvon told her that he was at the back of his father's girlfriend's house 2-3 minutes before he saw Zimmerman. He could have been inside in less than a minute. Since his body was found 70 yards away, he must have circled back toward the T.

The state has proven behind a shadow of doubt that GZ was the agressor!!! All this blithering by the <modsnip> O'Mara won't cut it.
He has tried to make TM look like a Guilty ...and he was NOT. IMO
Here you have a NW Perp///more deadly and dangerous than any alleged , . IMO

At work yesterday, I interjected "in my opinion" twice in an email that really didn't require it, and I didn't realize it until after I sent it. The person was probably like WTH.

IMO

gigglegirl_zps4efd669b.gif

FYI from wiki:

Racial profiling is the use of an individual&#8217;s race or ethnicity by law enforcement personnel as a key factor in deciding whether to engage in enforcement (e.g. make a traffic stop or arrest). The practice is controversial and is illegal in many jurisdictions.

It should not be confused with offender profiling which is an genuine investigative tool.

I agree. IMO

Angela Corey looks like her cheerios aren't agreeing with her this morning.

IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member