George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one is Angela Corey? I'm not familiar with her.

Thanks!

She's sitting in front of the Martin family. Hair is pulled back, I believe she is wearing red but I only just caught a flash.
Or did you mean WHO is she :) She is State Attorney who was the one who sought charges against GZ and that is all I am going to say on that matter.

There is still reasonable doubt IMO. A lot of it.

Only if the precise Testimony of Rachel Jeantel is as much disregarded and disrespected as the Humanity of Trayvon Benjamin Martin. IMO

The state has proven behind a shadow of doubt that GZ was the agressor!!! All this blithering by the <modsnip> O'Mara won't cut it.
He has tried to make TM look like a Guilty ...and he was NOT. IMO
Here you have a NW Perp///more deadly and dangerous than any alleged , . IMO

BBM

Respectfully, I don't recall anybody in that courtroom claiming that TM was a .

IMO

Believing what I bolded, as a juror, you would be bound to a finding of not guilty. This is what the general public doesn't seem to understand. Making the statement you did, is a finding of not guilty.

IMHO

I agree, that's exactly why I said I would rather one guilty person go free than one innocent man be convicted.

We have to follow the law. None of our opinions = the truth.

Only the jury gets to decide that.

Most of the facts support George's version. He had injuries to his nose and head. Even though the injuries weren't severe, after being hit so many times, George felt that they were. There were grass stains on the knees of Trayvon's pants and on the back of George's clothing. This supports John Good's statements that Trayvon was on top, on his knees, MMA style. George was lying on his back. According to Rachel's testimony, Trayvon told her that he was at the back of his father's girlfriend's house 2-3 minutes before he saw Zimmerman. He could have been inside in less than a minute. Since his body was found 70 yards away, he must have circled back toward the T.

That is what I don't get by those who want GZ convicted. Show me the facts!

Show me that GZ did anything but get beat up by TM, while on his back on the ground, being held there and shot to save his life.

Show me that TM was not beating on GZ. Because if you can do that, Then maybe, But the facts are that the man was injured after being assaulted by TM.
People want to say he was not injured "ENOUGH". That is not the law. The law states he does not have to be injured at all. He just has to have reasonable fear of great bodily harm or death.. No actual injuries.

That is the LAW and you can not get around that.

Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:
(1)&#8195;He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself
or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or
(2)&#8195;Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0776/0776.html

Not guilty of murder. Not manslaughter. IMO GZ's action were reckless and led to TM's death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is, that standard is ALSO beyond a reasonable doubt. So you're STILL stuck with having to prove that he wasn't defending himself beyond a reasonable doubt. Manslaughter charge doesn't revert to a civil defense of "perponderance of the evidence". You've still got to believe, beyond a reasonable doubt, that he was NOT defending himself. IMHO

I have never listened to the Sean Hannity interview before until the State played portions of it in their closing. I went to listen to the interview and I must say GZ did himself a disservice in doing that interview. Here is what I picked up that just doesn’t make sense and sounds like GZ is making things up.

Sean Hannity: Was that you screaming for help?
GZ: Yes sir it was.
SH: You told the police that he put his hand over your mouth, do you think that was to silence you?
GZ: Yes sir, uh, I believe he, uh from what the investigators told me, he (TM) knew that I was talking to the police (so TM, being dead, told the investigators that he knew GZ was talking to the police???? Am I hearing that correctly? wow

SH: Do you remember when you reached for your weapon?
GZ: at that point I realized it wasn’t my gun, it wasn’t his gun, it was THEE gun

SH: Do you regret getting out of the car to follow TM?
GZ: No sir
SH: Do you regret you had a gun that night?
SH: Do you feel you would not be here if you didn’t have that gun?
GZ: No sir, I feel it was all God’s plan and for me to second guess it and judge it (I’m confused by that statement. So is GZ saying he didn’t need to shoot TM because it’s God plan for him to live? If so then why on earth did he shoot TM????? If God wanted him to live he would have lived on matter what TM did. Make sense?

SH: Is there anything you might do differently in retrospect now that time has passed a bit?

When he said he wouldn’t change anything that night, this tells me that there is no regard for TM’s life. If I had learned that I killed someone in self defense, I would look back and wish that I had done things differently to have prevented that especially after I found out that the person I just killed wasn’t doing anything wrong. It’s like he still views TM as a “a$$hole, f..king punk. No regrets, none, nada, zilch! Then at the end of the interview he back tracks and said he misunderstood the question “about regretting anything” and to me it’s because he was prompted to so he doesn’t look bad to the public.

It's not a great analogy, but if you got jumped and raped but you had a gun and shot the aggressor, would you feel empathy for who you just killed?

According to GZ (which evidence shows TM was on top of him), this guy was going to kill him, or at least he had a reasonable fear of it. I agree saying it's 'God's plan' is not a great thing to say but how do you expect a guy to feel remorse for someone that was trying to (in his mind) kill him?

IMO - I just started listening to this closing and MOM has been less than impressive to put it nicely.

Sounds like one juror is going to throw this thing anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter

GZ also said in one of his statements that he didn’t think he shot TM after he fired the shot and yet he said he holstered his weapon right after. So, how can you shoot someone in the heart and not know it when you are just inches away from that person and then tell the neighbor to tell his wife he shot someone. Lord help me, I’m confused :waitasec:

Just the opposite for me, I think MOM is doing a great darn job, however, he tends to go on too long so I hope he is focused throughout. IMO

Only if the precise Testimony of Rachel Jeantel is as much disregarded and disrespected as the Humanity of Trayvon Benjamin Martin. IMO

Was her testimony referenced a lot in the states closing yesterday?

Wow. Wind, not running made the cell phone sound. IMHO

Creating a vision of a pretty calm man, watching someone he believed to be suspicious. And the wind is making the running sound. IMHO

Insightful IMHO

Kathy Belich tweeted that juror B29 nodded her head 'yes' when Mr. O'Mara said not to fill in the gaps in the evidence to reach a verdict.

Her tweets can be read at the livestream link below.

http://www.wftv.com/s/zimmerman-livestream/

Wasn't B29 the one that wouldn't even LOOK at the prosecutor during his closing argument?

Wow. Obviously the lack of eye contact was not due to shyness but due to disgust. IMO.

The jury has to be unanimous right? To reach a verdict? Sounds like there is at least one wise and sensible woman in George's corner.

IMO.

The act of shooting someone does not automatically mean someone is attacking that person. That throws out the whole notion of self defense to begin with. It also completely ignores the circumstances on how the altercation started.

Just substitute "the act of shooting someone" with "punching someone in the nose" and we are on the same page.

For all we know TM punched GZ in an effort to get away if GZ was was trying to detain him unlawfully.

For all we know, TM punched GZ unprovoked and for no reason.

That's the point....no evidence for either.

My beliefs are based in what is more logical given GZ's actions leading up to the altercation.

But I agree that with no proof either way...the jury should not convict of 2nd degree murder.

GZ also said in one of his statements that he didn’t think he shot TM after he fired the shot and yet he said he holstered his weapon right after. So, how can you shoot someone in the heart and not know it when you are just inches away from that person and then tell the neighbor to tell his wife he shot someone. Lord help me, I’m confused :waitasec:

I missed that in testimony, did GZ tell the cops he didn't think he shot him or didn't think he killed him. I thought I heard he said he knew he shot him because he fired his gun. IMO

Just the opposite for me, I think MOM is doing a great darn job, however, he tends to go on too long so I hope he is focused throughout. IMO

Good thing SOMEONE in that courtroom is reminding jurors of the LAW!

Her testimony has TM going back out away from the safety of his home. IT has him running and out of breath when he comes back on the phone and then momentarily he sees GZ and confronts him. Those are facts in her testimony as per the state.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYVUt3_HOQ"]George Zimmerman Trial - Day 3 - Part 3 - YouTube[/ame]

MOM is doing, IMO, a slamdunk job so far. He is presenting the case, clear and concisely. Makes the prosecution, IMO, look like amateurs, for NOT presenting facts.

As a PP stated, you can't convict a man of murder based in what ifs.

OMO

Wish I could agree - so hard to listen to - unfocused and all over the map! Was expecting MOM to do a much better job than this.....he's not even making sense.
He has that la lala - la-lala - tone with all his ummms
IMO

More tweets:

Kathi Belich, WFTV @KBelichWFTV

The defense told the jury they now have #Zimmermanon9 's 6th police call to protect children from cars that the state withheld

Yep this is the call that was widely misreported as to GZ calling 911 on a 7-9yr old. That one even had me swaying the other way until I heard the WHOLE truth regarding the call. He wasn't calling to report a child but to PROTECT one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea