George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot to add that GZ's wife has been charged with perjury and her trial will be after GZ;s is completed.

Wouldn't add much credibility to the GZ's profile because it would also open the door for the State to present the bail lying evidence. The defense couldn't risk it.

IMO

What exactly does GZ's wife have to do with anything? She wasn't there.

I dare anyone to sit down on the sidewalk, and let their head fall back on the pavement. Not being forced back, just let it fall naturally. How many times are you going to be able to do that? How many times do you want to do that? Even falling under your own weight would be extremely painful. Maybe somebody, somewhere will do it and post it on youtube . I'd like to see it!

Does the state get to make another closing to rebut any of this or does it go right to the jury when MOM is done talking?

Neither is a life sentence but more likely 20 years.

IMO

According to Bill Sheaffer on WFTV, a conviction of 2nd degree murder could carry a maximum sentence of up to life in prison. Also, Bill Sheaffer stated in his commentary that life in FL means life.

I think the gunshot gun recoiled caused Zimmerman's injuries, not the victim.

Agree. Simple physics and nothing else, "for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction". This is not IMO, it is a law of physics.

If your neighbor assaults you, then gets you on the ground and is straddling you, you have every right to defend yourself.

What if I attack my neighbor, they end up overpowering me and straddling me so I shoot them? Do I have every right to defend myself?

Food for thought... Some may see this, some may not... but food for thought anyway:

In your own neighborhood, for whatever your own reasons, you and your husband or boyfriend see somebody outside who seems suspicious...

How many of your husbands/boyfriends would go outside to investigate, and possibly bring something with them (golf club, bat, etc). Just curious.

Going to investigate someone or something that YOU deem suspicious is not the craziest concept in the world. I've heard noises before and have grabbed a coat hanger to go investigate. Probably smarter to stay locked in my bedroom. But I still went to look because I wanted to know what was up.

Food for thought.

IMO

If your neighbor assaults you, then gets you on the ground and is straddling you, you have every right to defend yourself.

I understand what you are saying and I was simply pointing out there needs to be a basis of "self defense". You can't simply claim you felt threatened and that is why you shot someone, there has to be a basis as to why and should be looked into . :twocents:

Unfortunately the defense can't prove it either - they can surmise it - but facts? Proof? No.

Whoops - brought up the Citizen's Patrol - turned it down - uh huh - cause he already had a job and was going to school...

IMO
AND, he wouldn't be allowed to carry a weapon and he would be, in a marked car...essentially a sitting duck in the mind of a paranoid man.

I agree with you completely micki, but taking that into account should one person now be dead? That is the question. IMO

No one should be dead. But beating someone up, will put the other person in the position to defend himself.

Oh, and don't question the person that's tracking you down in the dark, because he might start a fight, shoot you to death, and then lie about it afterward. Also, IMO.
Or, don't start a fight with a seemingly easy target. He/she may be armed.
Many a has learned that lesson the hard way.
MOO :twocents::drumroll:

Probably the most important part of this closing argument. The injuries don't even matter, if you feel like more harm is coming, you can legally shoot someone. I don't think anyone is arguing that more harm was coming...IMO

Seriously we need a trial 101 book. It's amazing how many people think the Defense needs to prove this and that! Nuh uh!

IMO.
That may be so but when you are claiming self defense you have to prove something IMO

Does the state get to make another closing to rebut any of this or does it go right to the jury when MOM is done talking?

The state gets the final word, and can only comment on the information in the Defense's closing.

IMHO

To be clear....I hate war, I hate guns....but after hearing this case, I want to THANK the people defending Right to Carry Laws!!

That is ONE right that should NEVER be taken away from us. The right to defend our property, family AND our selves.

IMO

Great. So, Trayvon could have responded with deadly force if he saw a gun?
I don't believe he did, respond with deadly force...but good to know.
I believe he was wrestling to keep he gun from being pointed at him.
Can you claim self defense if the person you are chasing and pointing a gun at defends themselves and hurts you? I don't think you can provoke your own injuries and claim self defense. Law experts?

Oh, and don't question the person that's tracking you down in the dark, because he might start a fight, shoot you to death, and then lie about it afterward. Also, IMO.

Or, when you're out at night in pitch black dark running errands, keep situational awareness of your surroundings. Walk with a purpose and be aware of hearing or seeing anyone around you.

If you sense someone around you that makes you fearful for your safety and you are far from safe harbor and have a cell phone, run and call 911.

If you reach your house go inside and be safe, call police to report, the cops will want to patrol the area and question anyone they see. IMO

This is a clinic on how to do a defense closing. Go through every witness, even the states witness and highlight their testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trivialdrift