George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he didn't attack anyone. Only two people know and one of them got dead.

Zimmerman started the drive to the store without a bashed up face, he is seen on the bottom of a fight, he got up from the ground with a bashed up face.
All we know is Martin confronted him, and Martin likes to fight.
Unless someone has some proof that Zimmerman attacked Martin, which would have beeen presented if it existed, it must be considered self defense.
Honestly, if I was punched by someone, I would do whatever I could to stop the attack. The majority of people would fight back.

MOO :twocents:

Why should we believe part of RJ's testimony but not another? GZ should be found innocent because RJ said TM was at his dad's, but GZ cannot be suspected as possibly being at fault when RJ says she heard TM say "get off, get off"? That is being selective and is not really considering the evidence. IMO

BECAUSE THAT IS THE LAW. You can choose to believe the parts you find credible and dismiss the ones you don't find credible. AS a juror that is your place.

It is how the jury system works.

There is a picture the defense wanted in of Trayvon with his shirt off, he was in pretty good shape IMO.

There are others as well where he appears taller than 5'11". In a bathroom holding wads of cash, shirtless giving the camera the finger and at his mothers bday party where he towers over everyone, are a few I've seen.

The family provided the football picture at age 14. They are to blame for not providing CURRENT photos at age 17. Carefully planned photos used for the media manipulation. IMO

I have avoided this trial because there is so much controversy surrounding it. I don't think TM or GZ was afraid. Fear would have kept GZ in the car and fear would have made TM go home.

I seem to remember learning via child psychology that individuals in their teens believe they are immortal. IMO

You forgot to add that GZ's wife has been charged with perjury and her trial will be after GZ;s is completed.

Wouldn't add much credibility to the GZ's profile because it would also open the door for the State to present the bail lying evidence. The defense couldn't risk it.

IMO

Has nothing to do with the case in chief. Nothing to do with the facts of this case and evidence.

Nothing.

Too much sing song voice and all over the map stuff - I'm taking my dogs for a walk!
As usual Mr. O'Mara has far too much to say and loses me ...this is just boring.
IMO

When the defense has a slideshow presentation of most of the prosecution's own witnesses...That doesn't bode well for the prosecution IMO.

So I can simply shoot someone and claim self defense just because I feel threatened? Does this mean I can shoot my neighbor across the street because I don't like the way they look at me, I feel threatened over that? I know I'm over playing this but I'm trying to make a point.

If your neighbor assaults you, then gets you on the ground and is straddling you, you have every right to defend yourself.

I missed this in testimony - GZ said no to the COP thing - settles all that cop-wanna-be trash talk. IMO

If I'm recalling correctly from testimony, either the Neighborhood Watch or maybe the HOA, can't remember which, offered him a security vehicle to use and he declined.

IMO

You can be apprehensive, fearful, annoyed and irritated all at once.
He could and probably did stop running once off the road because since Zimmerman was in a truck he was safe once he hit the T. He could not anticipate Zimmerman would get out and chase him. He did not have to go home or run unless that was the only way he could make it home safely in this neighborhood. How would he know this since he had "nothing to fear" IMO

Sure. But when she says run and he said NO. That is a sign that he is not afraid or in a hurry to get away from GZ.

He is the one who goes and talks to GZ again.. Not the other way around.
There is no reasonable basis for fear there. None.

When did GZ have time to beat himself up? How can we forget a neighbor was on the scene immediately, and there were others looking out windows and doors. Wouldn't someone have seen GZ acting like a crazy man throwing himself on the sidewalk, punching himself in the face, etc? They can see two people fighting, but not GZ acting like his having seizures?

I think the gunshot gun recoiled caused Zimmerman's injuries, not the victim.

I have avoided this trial because there is so much controversy surrounding it. I don't think TM or GZ was afraid. Fear would have kept GZ in the car and fear would have made TM go home.

I agree with you completely micki, but taking that into account should one person now be dead? That is the question. IMO

There are others as well where he appears taller than 5'11". In a bathroom holding wads of cash, shirtless giving the camera the finger and at his mothers bday party where he towers over everyone, are a few I've seen.

The family provided the football picture at age 14. They are to blame for not providing CURRENT photos at age 17.

Don't think the parents should be blamed for providing the "wrong" picture of their son right after his death. Been there, done that, no, I do not have or want the t shirt to remind me. IMO

Zimmerman started the drive to the store without a bashed up face, he is seen on the bottom of a fight, he got up from the ground with a bashed up face.
All we know is Martin confronted him, and Martin likes to fight.
Unless someone has some proof that Zimmerman attacked Martin, which would have beeen presented if it existed, it must be considered self defense.
Honestly, if I was punched by someone, I would do whatever I could to stop the attack. The majority of people would fight back.

MOO :twocents:

Also if gz wanted to kill tm he could have done it sooner- he tried to get out from under him- how many head bangs can one take? moo

If you have a reasonable fear of death or great bodily injury, YES! that is the law. If you are under attack and you have the fear of great bodily injury or death yes, You get to defend your person. Aren't you glad? Do you want to be prosecuted because someone attempts to harm you and you kill them to save yourself?

No. you can not shoot your neighbor because they annoy you. That is not the same thing.
You need to understand the law to apply it to the case. If you don't, The sad part is your thoughts are only opinion based in emotion.

Again, emotions play a role in life and that is why we are here. Do you think TM and GZ were thinking of the law when this happened? or do you think they went on emotions?

So I can simply shoot someone and claim self defense just because I feel threatened? Does this mean I can shoot my neighbor across the street because I don't like the way they look at me, I feel threatened over that? I know I'm over playing this but I'm trying to make a point.

As obvious by this case, you can't "Simply shoot someone in Self Defense" It seems to me like it is very difficult and complicated. (smile)

JMHO! BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member