Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF SOMEONE MAKES A RACIST COMMENT DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, QUOTE THE POST. IT MAKES SO MUCH MORE WORK FOR THE MODS.

HIT THE RED TRIANGLE IN THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE POST.

please please please cooperate.

Thank you,
Tricia

OMG! I am laughing so hard... So sorry dear paper doll it was all my fault but it seems you got some productivity out of the undated video that I thought was a live report :D

SOOOO you are the one who unglued me from my chair that now has a dent that resembles my bottom... LOL :blowkiss:

Here is the deal. Say if any and all of these women jurors had a teenage son shot dead. Do you think they would feel justice was served with the exact same circumstances if the shooter walks home to his family while there family member is a pine box?
Easy answer isn't it.
IMO

But the shooter didn't walk home to his family. He was beaten up. And who said TM was in a pine box? And yes, as a parent I would be devastated. I would want the truth. I believe they got the truth. I believe GZ defended himself. Sad and tragic but true anyway. I feel so sad for all the parents.

I thought that too! But I figured out he's saying "yes your honor" the last part trails off at your...and it does sound like yes sir. They call the female police chief "sir" on "Castle."

BBM - At her insistence. :wink: I love Castle. - OT

I've have to give up watching these trials, they are so upsetting. It doesn't help that my DD and I are on different sides of the aisle. With my history, it surprises me, because I'm always VERY pro-prosecution. As a mother who lost a son when he was 16, I'm surprised I can be so objective here. Plus, when we were teens, two of my closest friends were murdered and no one has ever been brought to trial. They were 17.

This is a tough case, imo.

The good news with a hung jury is that this has been so well publicized that the next jury will know just how draconian the possible MS sentence is and they'll acquit more quickly. This Pros team will find out that the publicity sword cuts both ways.

Not unless the next panel of jurors wants to commit perjury they won't. They will be asked if they have heard about and made a decision about this case before they are picked for the jury. If they lie in order to get on the jury then god help them as they will find themselves in their own courtroom hearing and possible penalty phase.

The jury can't just guess at what happened. If they can't figure out whether Trayvon or George started the fight, they have to give George the benefit of the doubt.
Nope, they can apply reason & logic to the evidence and determine that GZ is or is not hiding the truth, that he had or had not other options and that it was or was not legally defined self defense.

I believe, it was not self defense, he is lying about the events, he had other options and he in fact acted in a reckless manner. All IMO.

Oh please don't start with "Baez" the case is still too fresh in my mind.! Okay I'm begging now! Even though it was a funny comment and I laughed.

Sowwy. I find humor is the only way I can get over what happened in that case...

I have the feed on WildAboutTrial site..

I am not watching the commentators although someone shout out if Beth K pops up!

When is her interview with you Tricia??

Tomorrow night at 9:00 pm ET.

Is it just me or does it sound like GZ is answering the judge with Yes, SIR? I swear I just heard that. Also, the other day, when she was asking him questions. It sounded like he addressed her as sir.

Thanks!

It is not just you. I heard it too. Nerves, I'm sure.

By facts and evidence, I see GZ guilty! No doubt about it. That's what makes this forum great, we can all discuss the case and respectfully disagree.

There is just no proof. No proof beyond a reasonable doubt that this was anything more than a collision of people that escalated fast and that TM beat GZ and that GZ shot to defend himself.

He did not walk up and shoot him.
He did not follow him home and shoot him.

By witness account, they were on the ground together.. No one yelling "GUN GUN... "

TM was giving GZ a beating and when GZ thought he could die, Or be seriously hurt more than he was, He shot him to protect himself.

There is no way to prove anything else. Nothing in evidence..

OMO

The jury can't just guess at what happened. If they can't figure out whether Trayvon or George started the fight, they have to give George the benefit of the doubt.

Yes! But it was that part of the instruction that the Judge (wrongly IMO) refused to give. This entire process has been tainted from the get go by personal and social agendas. The blatant abuse of our legal system by the State is shocking and sad. IMO

Now? I've still got the insurance ad up.....

When there's nothing happening in court, they point the camera to the state seal. The link works for me. I watched much of the closing arguments there.

But the shooter didn't walk home to his family. He was beaten up. And who said TM was in a pine box? And yes, as a parent I would be devastated. I would want the truth. I believe they got the truth. I believe GZ defended himself. Sad and tragic but true anyway. I feel so sad for all the parents.

Oh didn't he just accompany the police to the station to give his statement and refused a visit to Emerg? I believe that's the way it happened.

Yes, Sad and tragic but very sad for the Martins. And will be hard on the Zimmermans if he is found guilty.
And then of course there is Shelley's trial coming up.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member