Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can not however make up scenarios to make it fit.

They have to take the evidence and let it lead them.. Not make a theory and push the evidence to fit that.

As an example, would they make up a theory that TM doubled back to confront GZ? There's no more proof of that, IMO, than GZ forced him at gunpoint to accompany him from the back of the house he was visiting. I believe the latter is more logical than the former, since TM ran from him (Or skipped, LOL) and that indicates fear to me.

In any event, whatever the jury decides will be satisfactory to me. That's how the system works.

Perhaps the confusion comes in as to when Zimmerman was given those instructions. Zimmerman was instrumental in getting the neighborhood watch program set up in that neighborhood. He exchanged numerous emails with the LE person that came to the neighborhood to "train" the volunteers. During that training the volunteers were instructed to not follow, try to apprehend or involve themselves in any crime or with any suspicious looking person. They were instructed to call LE and report the crime or suspicious looking person, then their "job" was done. They were also instructed to not carry a firearm while on their "patrol". Those are the instructions that I am referring to when I said that Zimmerman chose to ignore the instructions given to him. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the clarification.

Do you think if your child as an adult forgot to buckle their seatbelt and was struck and seriously injured by a teenage drunk driver in a car accident, your child was "breaking the law" and had no recourse to recoup damages from the other driver or the other driver should not be held criminally liable due to your child's negligence? Both seatbelt laws and NW regulations are in place for personal safety as well as the safety of others. I think some of the same principles are in question in my hypothetical situation and your interpretation of GZ's actions.

IMO.

You know what.. I just heard de la Rionda, just say..

George Zimmerman wants you to believe "HE WAS THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE YELLING THAT NIGHT.. "

In a clip, to me admitting that he knows GZ was indeed yelling that night for help...

Perhaps the confusion comes in as to when Zimmerman was given those instructions. Zimmerman was instrumental in getting the neighborhood watch program set up in that neighborhood. He exchanged numerous emails with the LE person that came to the neighborhood to "train" the volunteers. During that training the volunteers were instructed to not follow, try to apprehend or involve themselves in any crime or with any suspicious looking person. They were instructed to call LE and report the crime or suspicious looking person, then their "job" was done. They were also instructed to not carry a firearm while on their "patrol". Those are the instructions that I am referring to when I said that Zimmerman chose to ignore the instructions given to him. Hope this helps.
GZ was not on "patrol" for neighborhood watch at the time of the encounter. GZ was driving to Target to get ingredients to make his lunches for the week ahead. GZ was within legal and ethical rights to be armed. Please refer to trial transcripts to clarify and substantiate the above, if needed.

:drumroll::drumroll: 14 and 1/2 Hours per the Deliberation Clock on HLN !

:seeya:

Oh, Nancy Grace is now on HLN -- for those interested ...

:seeya:

The good news with a hung jury is that this has been so well publicized that the next jury will know just how draconian the possible MS sentence is and they'll acquit more quickly. This Pros team will find out that the publicity sword cuts both ways.
That is the same reason I have doubts that there will be a civil suit.

UMO

Nancy Grace just reported that jury has decided murder 2 is off the table.
She is wrong. She doesn't know that. Nobody knows that.

There's a lot in there that's inaccurate, imo, but Tracy himself said he knew Trayvon wasn't home when he arrived back, he called Trayvon's cousin, the call went to voicemail and he went to bed assuming that Trayvon was with his cousin.

jmo

Also, wasn't it linked upthread that dad gave TM 100 bucks for dinner and a movie with his cousin earlier? I thought it odd, since he was on a 10 day suspension. JMO

I'm confused. Wasn't that the question that was asked earlier that they are showing on Nancy Grace right now?

Do you have a feeling that this jury will do that?

I hope so.
I do think they might be working late because they are close.
But this is a big decision.

They can reach a decision tonight... then go sleep on it and tell us tomorrow.
Unless they reached a decision hours ago... I wouldn't be opposed to a verdict tonight. :seeya:

As an example, would they make up a theory that TM doubled back to confront GZ? There's no more proof of that, IMO, than GZ forced him at gunpoint to accompany him from the back of the house he was visiting. I believe the latter is more logical than the former, since TM ran from him (Or skipped, LOL) and that indicates fear to me.

In any event, whatever the jury decides will be satisfactory to me. That's how the system works.

this is quite true, there are many scenarios i can imagine that end up with martin being back where the fight started, he might have gone back to confront zimmerman, he might have become disoriented and was unsure which way to go, he might have thought he dropped something and gone back to retrieve it.

i have no idea, neither does anyone else on this earth. even zimmerman doesnt claim to know that, all he claims is that martin did end up back there and came at him.

Yes! But it was that part of the instruction that the Judge (wrongly IMO) refused to give. This entire process has been tainted from the get go by personal and social agendas. The blatant abuse of our legal system by the State is shocking and sad. IMO

BBM

That's my problem with this whole process. The judge refuses to clarify for the jurors who aren't legal eagles. The lawyers on TV said she wouldn't be more specific, no matter what they ask her. It sounds like that's how it's always done.

How can they expect non-attorneys to make this type of judgment call without true clarification? If I were on the jury and the judge refused to clarify, I'd force a hung jury.

Plus it irks me to high heaven that the jurors have no idea what the sentences are for murder 2 and manslaughter.

Let's not forget, it took two attorneys 30 minutes to write a one sentence non-clarification asking them to be more specific when they know the judge won't answer them anyway!

GZ was not on "patrol" for neighborhood watch at the time of the encounter. GZ was driving to Target to get ingredients to make his lunches for the week ahead. GZ was within legal and ethical rights to be armed. Please refer to trial transcripts to clarify and substantiate the above, if needed.

Well now that is another change in the story from Zimmerman. At first he said that he was in fact on his "patrol" then later changed it to I was going to the store for milk, then changed it again later on to I was going to do our weekly grocery shopping and then when on Sean Hannity added that he always went and did the weekly grocery shopping on Sunday evening after he mentored those kids.

So I guess it is take your pick as to if he was on "patrol" that night or not.

MOO

This guy was talking and she cut him off said lets go to the court room but this was from earlier that they are showing. I thought it was something new going on! LOL

Ahhh I worked all day to find no verdict yet, will try again tomorrow.

I can only imagine it's heated in the jury room. Maybe it will be a hung jury by design with this jury, I suppose we'll wait and see.

Sooo since I missed the whole day, could everyone retype everything for me please. :) ok I kid...

It's Saturday night ya know. :drumroll:

Can they legally do that?

JMO

IMO, if they are concerned about any unrest (not saying it will happen), they might want to wait until daylight. It's court, a judge and all that jazz...I guess they could pull it off!

Just because someone is dead does not make them guilty of a crime. That has to be proven....

True, but if someone is shot by a known person who admits to the shooting, there is the expectation that he/she has to explain their actions. GZ did that in this case without taking the stand, but his explanations were in there. Legally they don't have to explain themselves, but they'll generally lose if they don't explain how the person ended up shot by their hand.

So the question of credibility comes up: We know who shot the person and caused death; we just need to make sure it was really for an excusable reason. Self-defense really is a bit different than straight murder charges. Explanations are more expected, because we know who shot someone. The why matters terribly.

Most of the best evidence the defense has in this case (imho) relies on believing GZ. It's similar to the Jodi Arias defense that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member