Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep watching... 1:18:20.. She says AT. AT...

Then she says.. You know in the area of.. And I do not believe at all that TM said.. " I am in the area of my daddy's fiance house.. "

She said he told her he was AT.

But she also says BY right? Does your theory hang on one word?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I just HATE how she states her opinion as fact. And acts like we're live in the courtroom when the footage she's showing is from hours ago.

Just the facts, ma'am, mmkay? Please? I mean, is that really too much to ask?

OT

My 3 year old daughter has taken to tacking a firm YES or NO on the end of her questions. Today she asked me "am I pretty, yes or no?" Always reminds me of our Mr. Martinez.

There was no time for him to do such a thing.. He was being beaten, assaulted by TM when he got up His neighbor was right there. He did not walk around causing injuries..

His injuries came from TM even the prosecutor admitted that.

I'm not going to say that TM didn't get a few licks in but I do not believe TM pounded GZ in the nose as many times a GZ claims. His head injuries don't look like someone who had their head bashed in over and over again on the pavement like he claims. He could have hurt his own head without TM bashing it into the pavement. There was a fight going to between these two, there will be injuries from it, but not the way GZ describes overplayed it. :twocents: :twocents::twocents::twocents:

But she also says BY right? Does your theory hang on one word?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because there is no reason to say At, unless he said it to her.. Around, Near are descriptions that she makes.. But when she quotes him.. she says.. AT. because that is what TM told her.

I don't know about ice cream but I have to take a bit of time off the board and make something to eat. Nothing since breakfast - nine hours ago.

I wish I was a nervous NOT-eater......unfortunately I am a nervous eater.

I don't want you to get sick over this deliberation.

O/T

OMG, HLN is showing a commercial for Perfect Polly... it's a fake parakeet with a perch. For just $14.99. It's head turns around. The old folks seem to love it. Either that or I am now hallucinating. Which is possible.

I have seen literally thousands of commercials in these past 2 trials. I watch the trial online, but hit up the THs at night. 4minutes of show, 3 minutes of commercials.

I'm not happy that the IT guy was fired but I'm sure he wasn't going back to the department anyway! he's been on administrative leave since may. Can't imagine it would have been a pleasant work environment!!

I think FT and NG are hilarious together. They should take their comedy show on the road. I think she likes him because he stands up to her.

Funny story...last night a male guest (don't know name), started out by saying "Grace, you are a subtle as a brick". She gave him a dirty look, cut his mike, and he was never seen again. :floorlaugh:

I saw that, but it's true! lol

Again I ask posters, especially the female ones, "have you ever been in a fight? Have you ever taken a real hit? Have you been pinned down on the ground and felt how helpless it feels?" It helps to have had such experiences when trying to determine how people might process things.

Things happen in milliseconds and you don't always remember every slight detail, just that you were scared - fighting someone off - or making sure they never got up or something, but not every little detail. The main point is that the evidence shows TM was in a superior position and dealt the majority of blows. George took blows - TM did not take any physical blows and it was AFTER this altercation that a gun was used by the party in the inferior position.

never ever have been hit ..been chased by a client , and ran round and round my car...and felt the fear and thought seconds seemed like hours before police arrived

Galanos was saying the Zimmerman family was clearly emotional when the manslaughter question came back.. Understandably!! Can't Manslaughter get anywhere from 10-30 years?

Yes, and the jury does not know manslaughter can get up to 30 years! I hope they are not trying to pacify tempers in considering the verdict...

Someone asked about the screams. It is possible that they weren't on the ground then, that TM was screaming because GZ had a gun pointed at him. But that's not my opinion. Just a possibility.

I have to say I've been all over the place on this trial, changing my mind frequently. I finally looked at the pictures on TM's phone, and those really swayed me more towards a not guilty for GZ. I wish there was a lesser-lesser charge, though. Manslaughter is too much, but he needs to be punished for some of his actions. Of course, he's been through a lot so far, and he will never have a normal life in or out of prison.

Again I ask posters, especially the female ones, "have you ever been in a fight? Have you ever taken a real hit? Have you been pinned down on the ground and felt how helpless it feels?" It helps to have had such experiences when trying to determine how people might process things.

Things happen in milliseconds and you don't always remember every slight detail, just that you were scared - fighting someone off - or making sure they never got up or something, but not every little detail. The main point is that the evidence shows TM was in a superior position and dealt the majority of blows. George took blows - TM did not take any physical blows and it was AFTER this altercation that a gun was used by the party in the inferior position.

I respect your opinion, but mine is that the person with the gun is always the one in the dominant position.

Look who is dead and who is not.

I love it when she sticks her finger in her ear like its 1942 and she's Ed Murrow.

I know we are supposed to stay on topic but laughing is a necessary element on this thread to calm down!!!

I just laughed out freaking loud in Starbucks. That comment was PRICELESS. Thank you thank you thank you. That felt good.

Remember the pocket hose and life style lift LOL...UMMMM I did get fillers last week..but alas no parrot or fake parrot but I have seen that comercial once and it is indeed rather dumb :floorlaugh:s

Oh, yes. I do fondly remember those. In case I haven't told you lately, youuuu light up my life!!

:floorlaugh:

The problem is that words alone are not justifiable provocation under the law. In order to use force (like a punch) you have to be justified and words alone are not enough - there would have to be some sort of action along with the words...a raised fist or something.

Isn't there such a thing in law as "Fighting words?" Words so egregious that they can legally provoke a physical response. I seem to remember something like that. Not arguing here. Maybe someone knows.

I know we are supposed to stay on topic but laughing is a necessary element on this thread to calm down!!!

I just laughed out freaking loud in Starbucks. That comment was PRICELESS. Thank you thank you thank you. That felt good.

Agree!! That was pretty darn funny.

Declined an invite to a BBQ this evening. What if the verdict came in and I wasn't near my TV/computer!

(can't help myself)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member