Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galanos was saying the Zimmerman family was clearly emotional when the manslaughter question came back.. Understandably!! Can't Manslaughter get anywhere from 10-30 years?

30 years for it IIRC

Again I ask posters, especially the female ones, "have you ever been in a fight? Have you ever taken a real hit? Have you been pinned down on the ground and felt how helpless it feels?" It helps to have had such experiences when trying to determine how people might process things.

Things happen in milliseconds and you don't always remember every slight detail, just that you were scared - fighting someone off - or making sure they never got up or something, but not every little detail. The main point is that the evidence shows TM was in a superior position and dealt the majority of blows. George took blows - TM did not take any physical blows and it was AFTER this altercation that a gun was used by the party in the inferior position.

Yes, I have. And I still assert that GZ was justified.

No doubt in my mind. Not even beyond a reasonable doubt, beyond all doubt for me.

Amen.

IMO

If you listen to her testimony at 1:18:20 she says "he at the back of his daddy's fiances house."

I hope that any members who want to listen and make up their own minds do so. MOO.
Why can't anyone admit that she first said "he almost right by his Daddy's fiance house"? It's so odd. :facepalm: Then, she says "in the area". Bottom line, RJ had no clue how close Trayvon was to his Daddy' fiance house, because she was on the phone with him! By someone's house, in the area, near etc...means different things to different people. JMO

Hey, that pocket hose really works.

...and I had never even heard of the trans-vaginal patch until we sat down to watch the Casey Anthony trial.....will forever connect those two now.

Verdict watching makes me melancholy.

sure they have that right, to question why you are following them, they even have the right to state their case aggressively in an effort to intimidate you so you will stop following them, i dont believe they have the right to threaten you but i would not be surprised or feel it so wrong if theysaid something like "stop following me or you will regret it" etc

but, do they have a right to assault you? to break your nose and somehow cause multiple lumps and scrapes on your head?

in your scenario, do you feel you have the right to strike a person that is following you?

for the record, i dont think zimmerman should have left his car. at any point. but i dont think it has been proven that he started the physical altercation or caused it unavoidably to happen (ie cornering threatening martin)

No, I do not have a right to hit someone because they are following me, but then again if I feel like my life is in danger, then I can shoot to kill, right?

No one saw the beginning to end of this fight, we are left with a big "fill in the blank" For all we know GZ could have pushed TM but no one saw it happen so everyone assumes that it was TM who gave the first blow and that someone is GZ.

What do you call it someone jumps out and ambushes you after you lost sight of them?

OK, people keep saying this. But in his walkthrough that is not what George says. They exchange words first and get into a fight. Both cannot be true.

I'm not going to say that TM didn't get a few licks in but I do not believe TM pounded GZ in the nose as many times a GZ claims. His head injuries don't look like someone who had their head bashed in over and over again on the pavement like he claims. He could have hurt his own head without TM bashing it into the pavement. There was a fight going to between these two, there will be injuries from it, but not the way GZ describes overplayed it. :twocents: :twocents::twocents::twocents:

You need 0 injuries to be in fear of your life

Because there is no reason to say At, unless he said it to her.. Around, Near are descriptions that she makes.. But when she quotes him.. she says.. AT. because that is what TM told her.

Oh ok. If you say so. But again, this theory that TM doubled back to confront the person he originally ran from, is it based on one word?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where I live we call that kind of following "stalking".

Someone went to jail last year for doing this to me and my kids. Then he got a longer sentence because he was a sex offender and had some other violations.

He followed us and tried grabbing my baby's stroller and me. He walked up very close to my 13 yr old. Right on her back. He never touched us, but it was enough for a conviction.

Because there is no reason to say At, unless he said it to her.. Around, Near are descriptions that she makes.. But when she quotes him.. she says.. AT. because that is what TM told her.

I think that the distinction about what Trayvon said vs her opinion to where she thought he was is important. When asked specifically what Travyon said, she used the word "at." MOO.

Are we suppose to be in BlogTalk in a few minutes or wait to see if we get a verdict? omo

I'm not going to say that TM didn't get a few licks in but I do not believe TM pounded GZ in the nose as many times a GZ claims. His head injuries don't look like someone who had their head bashed in over and over again on the pavement like he claims. He could have hurt his own head without TM bashing it into the pavement. There was a fight going to between these two, there will be injuries from it, but not the way GZ describes overplayed it. :twocents: :twocents::twocents::twocents:

Have you ever been assaulted? or under threat? I am not asking to be snarky but to give you reference..

I have. And it feels like it is forever. Hits to the head feel incredible. They shake you and stun you. When you are being hit they may hit you a couple of times but it feels like forever and it hurts. I don't know that you are counting. You are surviving..

It is a horrid feeling to feel someone have that kind of control over you and be hurting you like that.

In the dark, Alone, Bring held down on the ground and beaten, I can only imagine what that felt like. Struggling and getting hit and screaming for help and no one is there.. No one..

Im sorry. I would be in fear for my life and person.

Why can't anyone admit that she first said "he almost at her Daddy's fiance house"? It's so odd. :facepalm: Then, she says "in the area". Bottom line, RJ had no clue how close Trayvon was to his Daddy' fiance house, because she was on the phone with him! By someone's house, in the area, near etc...means different things to different people. JMO

So if she's not reliable as to where he was at, why is she being used as the evidence that TM didn't circle to GZ.

Why can't anyone admit that she first said "he almost at her Daddy's fiance house"? It's so odd. :facepalm: Then, she says "in the area". Bottom line, RJ had no clue how close Trayvon was to his Daddy' fiance house, because she was on the phone with him! By someone's house, in the area, near etc...means different things to different people. JMO

Because JUST THE FACTS only applies when it's beneficial to your argument.

Oh ok. If you say so. But again, this theory that TM doubled back to confront the person he originally ran from, is it based on one word?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And from the fact that the fight happens closer to where GZ said he was. Only feet away from the path where he said he was walking. That fits the evidence.. I am not bending anything to make it fit.. It fits on its own.. Along with RJ saying that TM spoke to GZ first. Not the other way around.

So, when TM jumped out the bushes and approached GZ with "got a problem homie", how come GZ didn't run? Why did he think it was smart to reach for his cell phone to call 911 right in front of TM, who by the way may have thought GZ was reaching for a gun. Why did GZ have to say "No, I don't have a problem"....

Here's something I never thought of before....if Chad, Tracy and DeeDee/Rachel were all calling TM (lots of calls on the phone records), why didn't someone answer it?

Just a guess but T-Mobile flip phones often turn off when the phone hits the ground. Then it goes to voice mail and in order to turn it back on, you have to manually do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43