University professor, wife killed in Nebraska *Arrest Made*

Possible professional hit from the Russian mafia due to something the two doctors had to do with against Belenky who has ties to the Russian Mafia?

Thank you Pensfan!

Wherever large sums of money are involved it can lead to friction and anger over how the money should be used. There might very well be a motive if she made decisions others diagreed with.
The funds individual PEO chapters raise each year are very small. They raise funds for women's scholarships through bake sales, plant sales, garage sales, and etc... The chapters are very small (usually less than 50 members), so there isn't a lot of cash.

Possible professional hit from the Russian mafia due to something the two doctors had to do with against Belenky who has ties to the Russian Mafia?

Is this Russian Mafia connection something that you have heard thru the grapevine? We touched on this possibility months (years?) ago but let it go because we had no proof so I just wondered if you had perhaps heard a 'rumor.' Thanks.

It's easy to go down that path but it could be western stereotypes at play. It seems to me the rumored brutality of the Dundee murders preclude a murder for hire but who knows. I wonder if we'll ever get any additional info about the nature of the Brumback murders.

Interestingly, there's another Belenky practicing medicine in Pittsburg, PA. That's where MB went after he left Creighton. This guy is ten years older than MB. At least two "people search" sites tie this other Belenky to an Omaha residence (although it's not clear why). Coincidence? An older brother? Is MB from a family of doctors?

Anyway, while poking around street view I noticed Pennsylvania doesn't require front license plates.

The suspect is Dr. Anthony Joseph Garcia also on the hook for Sherman/Hunter killings in 2008.

WOW! I wonder where in Indiana he was arrested? And since he is identified as a doctor..... he APPEARS to be a general practitioner in Chicago- which makes sense if he was fired from his residency.

Boggles the mind, truly.

Terre Haute. He was driving to the Illinois border when they decided to stop him. He was intoxicated and armed with a .45 handgun.

The Omaha police chief said they're still investigating this guy as he's been all over the country. This guy got around. The chief also said he was fired in 2001 by both Dr. Hunter and Dr. Brumback.

Here's a pic in this link if you can see it:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130715/NEWS/130719662/1685#chief-man-arrested-in-connection-with-double-homicides-fits-the-elements-of-a-serial-killer

He has a current, active license in Illinois however:

https://www.idfpr.com/licenselookup/MultDisplay.asp

This whole Indiana/ Illinois thing is so confusing (Terre Haute is on the IN/IL border)

No board certification, but it indicates that his practice is LOCATED in Terre Haute- strange since he is not currently licensed in IN. No disciplinary actions past or pending according to Illinois.

Hmmm...... upon further investigation, his 'office' address' may not exist. And NO hospital affiliations. Wow!

Oh WOW! This is such a relief to hear there is an arrest! Way to go OPD!

Great news! Thanks for posting the articles. From the link above:

The Omaha Police special task force had been monitoring Garcia's movements for a period of time, Schmaderer said. Members of the special task force flew out of Omaha on Sunday to various states across the country to serve search warrants related to Garcia. Schmaderer wouldn't name which states. Those investigators were still out of the state Monday.

Garcia was pulled over during a traffic stop by the Illinois State Police Monday morning.

“It is imperative that I do not divulge too much of the evidence law enforcement has on this case because it is ongoing prosecution and I don't want to damage that aspect,” Schmaderer said. Schmaderer said he doesn't think the boy and the housekeeper were the targets.........

Schmaderer said Garcia fits "the elements of a serial killer."

<modsnip>

http://www.omaha.com/article/201307...omicides-fits-the-elements-of-a-serial-killer

Wow. Police sketch actually looks a lot like the suspect. And I guess olive skinned description was accurate (assuming police got the right suspect).

OMAHA, Neb. -
Omaha's police chief says an arrest had been made in four killings -- two from earlier this year and two dating to 2008.

Dr. Anthony J. Garcia, 40, has been tied to the deaths of Dr. Roger Brumback and his wife Mary, as well as the deaths of Thomas Hunter -- the son of Dr. Bill Hunter -- and family housekeeper Shirlee Sherman.

Garcia faces four counts of first-degree murder and use of a weapon to commit murder.

Full video coverage: Arrest made in four Omaha killings

"At this time, and every member of the task feels this, but he does fit the elements of a serial killer,&#8221; Chief Todd Schmaderer.

Schmaderer said Garcia has not lived in Omaha for the past 12 years. However, evidence links him to being in the city around the times of both double homicides.

<modsnip>

http://www.ketv.com/news/omaha-nebr...95008/20988474/-/item/0/-/rd8xds/-/index.html

OMAHA, Neb. -
Omaha's police chief says an arrest had been made in four killings -- two from earlier this year and two dating to 2008.

Dr. Anthony J. Garcia, 40, has been tied to the deaths of Dr. Roger Brumback and his wife Mary, as well as the deaths of Thomas Hunter -- the son of Dr. Bill Hunter -- and family housekeeper Shirlee Sherman.

Garcia faces four counts of first-degree murder and use of a weapon to commit murder.

Full video coverage: Arrest made in four Omaha killings

"At this time, and every member of the task feels this, but he does fit the elements of a serial killer,&#8221; Chief Todd Schmaderer.

Schmaderer said Garcia has not lived in Omaha for the past 12 years. However, evidence links him to being in the city around the times of both double homicides.

<modsnip>

http://www.ketv.com/news/omaha-nebr...95008/20988474/-/item/0/-/rd8xds/-/index.html

BBM: Thank you- this clears up 1) How he is licensed in Illinois but works in Indiana and B) the absolute lack of markings on all the maps I pulled up of his 'office' address. Not gonna lie- it's been making me nuts- and I am fairly local- I forgot the Federal Prison was over on that side of town.

Tim McVeigh was at Terre Haute. When you drive through town- there are absolutely NO signs or other evidence that this high-security prison is in town (for obvious reasons).

Insight and partial timeline at link.

Anthony J. Garcia III tried to be a good neighbor, but the mild-mannered doctor who is now accused of four grisly revenge slayings in Omaha was dubbed &#8220;weird&#8221; by his neighbors who said he had some odd habits.
He also came and went at &#8220;strange hours&#8221; of the day and night, and never appeared to entertain visitors at his three-bedroom home in a middle-class neighborhood in Terre Haute, Ind.
&#8220;The whole time that he lived in this area, he never, ever put any trash out &#8212; never,&#8221; said a neighbor, who lived in the same cul-de-sac as Garcia and awoke Monday to a flood of police vehicles swarming the neighborhood.

http://www.omaha.com/article/201307...blame-firing-from-creighton-for-his-struggles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interview with AG's neighbor.

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Double-Homicide-Suspects-Neighbors-Speak-Out-215618591.html

Slightly OT- how in the wide, wide world of sports do you manage to never, not one time, put out any trash? I'm wondering if he was smart enough to know it might be a source of evidence- and so he took his trash to random dumpsters weekly?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back