TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Derrick looked at Monica's photo and ruled her out, she is able to do that with a lot of them. Smurfette must have a pretty distinct look, can't wait for that second approximation.

As for the others, they all could be possible, but I don't know how a comparison could be done without dentals or DNA :(

I suppose if Dr Derrick felt strongly enough about any of them being a possible match, she could track down relatives and ask them to give a sample for comparison.

Sadly I don't think it's something that would happen, it would put too much hurt on a family just because an age progression looks like an UID. Maybe if there was something that really stood out. Although the age progressions are very well done IMO (ex Jaycee Dugard)

I keep thinking about Rosa Sanchez. There are no dentals or DNA so if Dr Derrick thought she looked like the UID, a comparison would be impossible without finding somebody to provide a sample. However, as Lyssav has pointed out, this is a minefield of problems.

Its so frustrating. If only there could be a general drive to try and get more DNA submissions onto NAMUS, but I am sure that funds, staff and resources are already stretched as it is.

Sadly I don't think it's something that would happen, it would put too much hurt on a family just because an age progression looks like an UID. Maybe if there was something that really stood out. Although the age progressions are very well done IMO (ex Jaycee Dugard)

I dunno -- the families of many missing people are more than glad to provide DNA for potential matches; for the most part they're well aware their loved one could be deceased and anxious to know the truth.

CarlK I tried an tried to add the photo. However the iPhone is being stubborn, f it's not too much trouble could you add it??

NCMU1205209c1.jpg

This is the final sketch, Dr. Derrick will also release a lineup of the sides of her face as well

I haven't seen this young lady listed on the thread yet. I've been searching to find any additional information or pics, but haven't found anything. I'll keep searching to see if I can find a pic that shows teeth. She is not listed on Namus.

She is listed as Hispanic but she doesn't seem to have traditional Hispanic features and may be biracial (MOO). In the pic her hair is more wavy than curly, but at her hairline it looks like she may actually have some curl to her hair. Maybe she styles it to remove some of the curl. I think some of her features fit (i.e. larger eyes, stronger jawline). If only we could see her teeth!

In the general information section, one of the places she has thought to have been is the Houston, TX area. That's ultimately why I included her. The missing date is pretty tight. But it doesn't say "last seen", so if she was reported missing Sept. 30 and had actually gone missing as little as a week to a week and a half earlier it is possibly a good match.

I know, a lot of "ifs", but I thought it was worth bringing her name forward.

Rosa M Gil aka Maria Leon

DOB: December 16, 1995
Missing: September 30, 2012
Sex: Female
Race: Hispanic
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 5’3”
Weight: 125-140 lbs
Missing From:
Menasha, Wisconsin
General

What do you think????

Wow that sketch is so different from the first, any clue why? just different interpretations?

Wow that sketch is so different from the first, any clue why? just different interpretations?

Sometimes the early sketch is just a quick one where the artist works from a post-mortem photo. The more detailed reconstruction works directly from the skull, with measurements and detailed analysis. These days it's most likely computer assisted as well.

Working from a photo, which is flat, is prone to inaccuracy. The shadows can be misleading, a tilt or turn of the head can change the appearance of noses and ears, and so forth. The artist is trying to capture more of an impression of what the person might have looked like rather than a point by point comparison.

Wow, what great news!! This one sure is different from the last one. The sketch does have one eye higher still doesn't it? Stephanie Hernandez Ramirez eyes are the same like Houston Mom pointed out. To be honest, I didn't notice Stephanie's eyes when I mentioned her, very interesting. Do you think that is the possible skull malformation she was talking about was facial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike