VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah dude is in NJ now. Was in Annapolis almost 24 hours ago and that's due way north of Alexandria so... Guess I can throw that theory out the window.

It could be the same worker just asked two different questions by two different reporters. Was she with anyone? Did you see her talking to anyone? jmo

If that is the case and a worker really saw her talking to a guy at the pump...that same worker should be able to provide some type of description of the man and if he had a car, truck etc....

[/B]
And another worker that said she was alone (but didn't specify). Hmm...

yhyvy4ab.jpg

That's where she last seen. Straight shot.

Anyway, any new developments on the AM case today? I'm on the Nelson Co scanner but nothing is going on, per usual.

I was on the scanner last night around 9 ish - 10ish pm .. I couldn't catch much but I did hear them mention waynesboro.. of course i'm from VA so I know waynesboro is city about maybe 45 mins away, but also was wondering if it could be a street name as well in Nelson Co.

I was on the scanner last night around 9 ish - 10ish pm .. I couldn't catch much but I did hear them mention waynesboro.. of course i'm from VA so I know waynesboro is city about maybe 45 mins away, but also was wondering if it could be a street name as well in Nelson Co.

The only report I heard last night was of a dizzy old man. :/

What part of VA are you from? I'm up north near DC

How much longer do you think they'll search for her?

I am sure a more experienced Sleuther can answer more accurately than I can...

But there doesn't seem to,be a hard and fast rule for length of time for searches...

I have followed cases where I assumed searches had been stopped... But found out later that there had been non-publicized searches later...

This is still a relatively new case... So I imagine we will be hearing about more LE searches... In various places ...for some time...

1... 2... 3? Weeks?

even longer?

but... No... LE doesn't stop after the amount of time they have searched for Alexis...

JMO

It is about 16 miles from where the missing Alexandria woman was last seen and about 10 miles (by vehicle) from her home. Her home is very close to the Potomac, but her last location is not quite as close. If someone where to drive from Nelson County or Charlottesville to the bridge on 95, they would have passed unlimited places to dispose of a body before coming to the 95 bridge. Seems unlikely it was her if anything happened back around her home/ c-ville (unless they were driving back up 95.....)

I wonder if the perp may have chosen a body of water for disposal...(hate to type that)...

are there closer large bodies of water?

(I know there are ponds close to where the car was found.... And I hope those bodies of water have been or will be searched, as well...)

JMO

Good thought, but I didn't find anything using either Mapquest or Google. Doesn't rule out a small local road or a road that's known by a different name locally.

Thanks for following the scanner, VAgirlatheart! :seeya:

The only report I heard last night was of a dizzy old man. :/

What part of VA are you from? I'm up north near DC

and... thanks for following dizzy old men on the Scanner, AstridXX!:seeya:

:giggle:

and... thanks for following dizzy old men on the Scanner, AstridXX!:seeya:

:giggle:

I know, it came after 20 minutes of silence. I was on the phone with my husband when the dizzy man report came up and I had to stop talking to listen. I was ticked to find out it had nothing to do with the search LOL

Investigators say the new images show her at the Liberty Gas station in Lovingston, which is where she was last seen. A worker says she saw Alexis talking with a man at the pump before she drove away.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/08/alexis-murphy-surveillance-photos-released--92523.html

This is the most important bit of information we have thus far, IMO. To add, if this is same worker who said she was alone, then she isn't necessarily changing her story. Alexis was purportedly alone, after all. However, she was seen talking to a man at the pump. That man probably wasn't with her. He may have even asked for a ride, or worse, demanded one with force.

I have a feeling the reason the clerk hadn't said anything about it is because LE told her not to. It's the reason they probably wouldn't comment on whether anyone was with her at the Liberty.

I know, it came after 20 minutes of silence. I was on the phone with my husband when the dizzy man report came up and I had to stop talking to listen. I was ticked to find out it had nothing to do with the search LOL

So many crazy things come up on the scanner...:crazy:

that is part of why the scanner threads intrigue me! :floorlaugh:

This is the most important bit of information we have thus far, IMO. To add, if this is same worker who said she was alone, then she isn't necessarily changing her story. Alexis was alone, after all. However, she was seen talking to a man at the pump. That man probably wasn't with her. He may have even asked for a ride, or worse, demanded one with force.

I have a feeling the reason the clerk hadn't said anything about it is because LE told her not to. It's the reason they probably wouldn't comment on whether anyone was with her at the Liberty.

All valid points, Tonto!

If LE cannot ID the man... I hope they release a video shot of him (if there is one) to have the public help ID him...

LE may be waiting for the guy to come in and identify himself now...

JMO

All valid points, Tonto!

If LE cannot ID the man... I hope they release a video shot of him (if there is one) to have the public help ID him...

LE may be waiting for the guy to come in and identify himself now...

JMO

Waiting, at this point, is a very bad idea...if they don't know who it was, they need to show any video that could help identify him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brisketfeed