VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could have been someone who lives in the area. Someone asking for a ride 'just up the road'. Someone who may live near Cannery/Eades.

Or, it could be someone who lives in C-ville who forced her to drive and ditched her phone around Cannery/Eades (or turned it off around that time).

I'm leaning towards the former due to the scent the dogs picked up around Cannery/Eades. I doubt it was the scent of a phone.

Law enforcement officers say they are headed in the right direction in the search for a missing Nelson County teenager.

Alexis Murphy was last seen a week ago. The search now spans from Lovingston to Charlottesville.

The command post in Lovingston is staffed 24 hours a day.

The foot search will resumed at sunrise Saturday and investigators say they won't rest until they find her.

Investigators say they focused another search in the western part of the county. So far nothing substantial has been found, however.

http://www.wset.com/story/23093589/...from-command-post-in-search-for-alexis-murphy

A foot search is never a good sign IMO. She wouldn't be found alive and well out in a field.

Or perhaps it's the guy she is doing a drug deal with since she talks about weed a lot. I thought the clerk said she talked with him at the pumps and then drove off...maybe they were to meet around Cannary Loop and it went bad. Under the last article, under comments, Jill remarked that the wooded area where police searched on foot was a known drug dealing area. Just a thought! MOO

Or maybe he did just ask for a ride or demand a ride...

It could have been someone who lives in the area. Someone asking for a ride 'just up the road'. Someone who may live near Cannery/Eades.

Or, it could be someone who lives in C-ville who forced her to drive and ditched her phone around Cannery/Eades (or turned it off around that time).

I'm leaning towards the former due to the scent the dogs picked up around Cannery/Eades. I doubt it was the scent of a phone.

The only report I heard last night was of a dizzy old man. :/

What part of VA are you from? I'm up north near DC

Born and raised in a little town called Covington about 45 mins from roanoke but moved to Harrisonburg for college.

BlueRidgeLife ‏@BlueRidgeLife 1m
In spite of public rumors swirling about, FBI RIchmond & Nelson Sheriff Brooks tell BRLM, "No cell phone found so far" #alexismurphy

My husband and I live in Harrisonburg. We both attended JMU.

girlatheart;9742609]Born and raised in a little town called Covington about 45 mins from roanoke but moved to Harrisonburg for college.[/QUOTE]

The ones in khaki are Boy Scouts... I drove by them myself...

The guys in the khaki pants clearly have FBI Rapid Response Team on the backs of their shirts. Is that the ones you are talking about? The video was only 23 seconds so all I saw were LE personnel.

I am leaning towards whoever she was talking to at the gas station...perhaps two guys that were in that vehicle. They followed her when she left and hit her car, when she pulled over it all went down. In this pic there is damage in the right rear quarter panel, I am curious to know if it is new. jmo
BRCSlryCYAAiq8E.jpg

Or it could be a reflector!!

With as many friends as she had on social media, I'm surprised that there is zero chatter about what happened. Just a bunch of hopeful hash tagging.

Definitely possible! Two guys makes things easier especially with vehicles, driving the car to CV,picking the other one up. Sometimes when they find cars or a victim's bike, they do publicize whether it has damage etc. Unless they were keeping that close to them...But why would they do that? Doesn't make sense not to publish car damages when looking for potential witnesses, info, etc.

I am leaning towards whoever she was talking to at the gas station...perhaps two guys that were in that vehicle. They followed her when she left and hit her car, when she pulled over it all went down. In this pic there is damage in the right rear quarter panel, I am curious to know if it is new. jmo
BRCSlryCYAAiq8E.jpg

BRCSlryCYAAiq8E.jpg

This is my first post here, but I've been following this thread for a few days now. I live just a few hours away from where all of this is happening and I'm slightly older than her, so this really stands out to me.

But I remember seeing a post on her vine about her hitting her car on her way to work? Maybe this potential damage is from the same incident. Just a thought.

Jumping off your post, wouldn't her phone have her scent on it? She seemed to be on it a lot, from all her postings and pictures, and I would think it would carry her scent, especially if it had a silicon case of some sort.

Absolutely nothing going on on the N Co. scanner except a fire alarm at some nature place.

With as many friends as she had on social media, I'm surprised that there is zero chatter about what happened. Just a bunch of hopeful hash tagging.

This strikes me as strange as well. I was snooping on her Twitter account a little and found someone that she contacted regularly there. This person was a male, and in his Twitter bio he named her as his "wife" (likely fictional and for jokes, but still significant). However, after looking through his timeline I only found maybe TWO tweets related to her and her disappearance out of at least 50 tweets that he had sent out over the last five days. If even this guy, who seemed to be close to her, didn't even show much interest, I wonder how many of her other social media followers do. It's sad, really.

Also, in relation to her phone... I believe that there is some software that all iPhones come packaged with that allow you to locate a missing or stolen iPhone regardless of a dead battery. My friend used this to find her phone that was stolen and was able to find its exact location. Is this something that LE would be aware of? It just seems odd to me that a phone hasn't been discovered given the technology that is so readily available to us today.

We have seen a jarring lack of social media from friends in other cases too, i.e Adrienne Salinas, Kortne Stouffer are two examples. Both had lots of friends on FB and only a few even bothered to post their missing flyers. Similar age group, just pretty self-obsessed IMO.

In a community that small, a senior volleyball star likely would be recognized by several people, including classmates, siblings of classmates, parents of classmates, etc. It's important to know who she talked to at the gas station. But there's just no way to know whether it was coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bikerman Chief