IL IL - Paul Fronczak, newborn, Chicago, 1964 + UID Male, 1, NJ, 1965

Finding third and fourth cousins is a big milestone and reduces the gene pool down to a very specific group!

To illustrate.....................Mary and Kathy are sisters. They each get married and have three children. The children of Mary are first cousins to the children of Kathy.

Each of those six first cousins grow up and get married and have children. These children are the grandchildren of Mary and Kathy. The relationship of one of Mary's children to one of Kathy's grandchildren, is first cousin once removed. But the relationship between the grandchildren of Mary to the grandchildren of Kathy to each other is second cousins.

All those second cousins, grandchildren of Mary and Kathy, marry and have children. The great-grandchildren of Mary and the great-grandchildren of Kathy are third cousins.

The great-grandchildren of Mary and Kathy each grow up and marry and have children. Mary's great-great-grandchildren are fourth cousins to Kathy's great-great-grandchildren.

Considering today's society, with marriages, divorces and out-of-wedlock children, if the parents of the man who was found abandoned in a stroller in front of a variety store in Newark, NJ in 1965 each came from a family of 3 or 4 children and went on to have several children (brothers and sisters of the abandoned child), by now the number of third and fourth cousins could be quite large.

But for that man who is trying to find his parents, and to learn the circumstances of his abandonment, it's a huge leap forward!

I remember reading about a woman who had "abandoned" her child in a stroller or grocery cart; years and years later a Jane Doe was identified as his mother. It was estimated she had been dead since about the time she disappeared. I wish this family peace and resolution.

He's gorgeous! They really need to step-up the search to find out where he's from ... so I can move there.

Sounds like he's already got a strained relationship with the Fronczaks, sending them a letter, calling them by their first names, and signing it "your son, Paul"?? Weird. Usually if I leave my dad a note, if I simply sign my name he can narrow down who I am.

Why do they never identify where in Newark he was left?? I've read a street corner, in a variety store, and in front of a store. No street and no store name, ever. Hmmm. A little blonde boy in a stroller on a corner would stick out in Newark, NJ.

Admittedly, this idea is out there, but I remember seeing a documentary a few years back called I'm My Own Twin. A pregnant woman was being investigated for welfare fraud, so they took her DNA and her toddler's DNA; no match. The child gets taken away and she is now being charged with fraud. The investigators are literally in the room when she gives birth to the baby she's pregnant with. They take the baby's DNA literally right out of the birth canal and according to the results, this baby they just saw being born was NOT biologically her baby. HUH??? It turns out there are a few documented cases of people who have a condition that depending where they draw the blood from on their body, they have 2 different DNA profiles.

It's just weird that they can't narrow down another baby that went missing in that time period to match him with. How many kids go missing, especially back then? Or even random family members, "Hey, where did my 2-yr-old cousin go? He was at grandma's last week."

It's called being a "chimera." But in his case, I presume neither parent matched. So the chances of both parents being "chimeras" and him still being their bio child are slim to none.

It's called being a "chimera." But in his case, I presume neither parent matched. So the chances of both parents being "chimeras" and him still being their bio child are slim to none.

Excellent point. But if he's the chimera he wouldn't match either parent but could still be their biological child; or did I misunderstand it?

Just curious, has anyone seen a mention of the store name or street name specifically where he was abandoned? It's bothering me that they are being so purposely vague about it. I believe I read it was in the business district in Newark. To me, that is the Broad Street area in Downtown Newark (for you Sopranos fans, remember when Uncle Junior was knocked down the steps of the courthouse by a news camera? That was actually City Hall on Broad St., just to give you a sense of the area.)

Broad Street is less than a 5-minute drive from Newark Airport, Newark International Airport.

When his DNA said he had some European ancestry it started to make more sense to me why he was, allegedly, found on a street corner in, of all places, Newark, and maybe why the United States authorities are having such a hard time finding another baby that was reported missing around that same time.

On a lot of these cases on WS I find myself suspicious of the mothers almost immediately. I'd say that I've been more than tugged in that direction on this one too.

Whose mother? The actual Paul was kidnapped from the hospital. Back then they didn't have the precautions they do now. The second child possibly was abandoned by his parents, since nobody apparently reported him missing.

Tricia?
would you be able to invite this man on as a guest on your show? Also to post here?In his own thread for clues?

Reader Thanks for the link.

from the link.

Because the Fronczaks didn’t have proof that Paul was their child, they had to adopt him.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/05...eals-nevada-man-is-not-who-he-thought-he-was/

That is the strangest part of the story to me. jmo

Since they didn't have DNA testing back then, they couldn't rule it in or out.
So Fronczaks didn't have proof one way or the other this was their son. I suppose there was a lot of wishful thinking on their part that this was in fact their son.

I hope he can find his bio parents.

Wonder what his thoughts are on the fact someone (his Mom?) abandoned him on a side walk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope he can find his bio parents.

Wonder what his thoughts are on the fact someone (his Mom?) abandoned him on a side walk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is everyone so sure that his mother is the one that abandoned him on the sidewalk? Was that reported anywhere, other than jenny's post?

Several things are starting to make me think this has the appearance of an international kidnapping/baby sale:

1-VERY vague details about where he was found. You don't hear about a kid being left on the sidewalk every day, so I would think in this circumstance the details would be sharp and precise. I've heard three different locations, no street name, and no store name. VERY STRANGE.

2-I read it was the "business district" of Newark. I was a court reporter in the Federal Courthouse in the "business district" in Newark, so I know the area well, and I know that if you are on Broad St. you can literally stay on that road for three - five minutes driving west and be at Newark International Airport without having to make any turns at all.

3-FBI has a random white baby on a sidewalk, but no reports of any white babies that had gone missing? Makes sense if the baby just got off a plane from Europe and was left in the drop area, a straight-shot 5 minutes away from the airport. His DNA indicated his ancestry is European.

4-Dora's Fronczak's response to Paul telling them the DNA results was very odd. The article described her as being angry that he was reopening old wounds. HUH? I take that to mean she may be pissed that the FBI is gonna start poking around again and why do we need that trouble? Like, well, we got a baby in the end, doesn't matter whose it is, it's a wash, so pipe down, Paul.

5-It was a kidnapping because Dora said it was. In a hospital with hundreds of people roaming around, NOT ONE other person saw this mysterious kidnapper except for some random cab drivers?

http://www.8newsnow.chttp://www.8newsnow.com/story/23062691/i-team-dna-used-to-help-solve-mystery-of-mans-true-identityom/story/23062691/i-team-dna-used-to-help-solve-mystery-of-mans-true-identity

This story has a picture of an old newspaper clipping from the time of the kidnapping stating that "about a dozen hospital workers, including nurses, remembered seeing the white-clad stranger at various times that day."

I wonder if any of those workers are still alive, and if they've been interviewed. Personally, I understand how the parents might come across as angry when confronted with this news. I don't think I would be angry, but very hurt to have confirmation that the son I've raised for nearly 50 years isn't actually my biological son at all. Even if they are able to find him, the parents are in their 80s now. There's not much time left to get to know their biological child and the emotional stress has got to take a huge toll on their health. It sounds like they're starting to come around and realize that it's not just about them, but helping "Paul" to find some answers as well. What a heartbreaking story; even if resolved, I'm not sure this one is going to have a happy ending.

A little blonde boy like Etan!??? He could b etan frm ny!! Has anyone checked this angle?

A little blonde boy like Etan!??? He could b etan frm ny!! Has anyone checked this angle?

Etan Patz didn't disappear until 1979, so he can't possibly be this man who was discovered in 1964.

Broad Street is less than a 5-minute drive from Newark Airport, Newark International Airport.
When his DNA said he had some European ancestry it started to make more sense to me why he was, allegedly, found on a street corner in, of all places, Newark, and maybe why the United States authorities are having such a hard time finding another baby that was reported missing around that same time.

Over 80% of the US population has European ancestry. I think it would be relatively safe to assume that 100% of white people have European ancestry. I just don't think it means he was dumped directly off the plane. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back