MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recall the post about the FBI agent who has the book--Graber.

He said that they had arrested a guy for Jared and let him go . They had him on a ton of other crimes.

So, I am thinking it is DAH because I can think of no one else that was arrested about that time.

Does anyone know of anyone else?

Does anyone want to contact Graber and ask him?

About a month ago, I did ask Garber if DAH was the person arrested in connection to Jared's abduction, but he said he could not remember. I'm not sure if he really did not recall, or if he is just reluctant to divulge information to someone that is not from LE.

About a month ago, I did ask Garber if DAH was the person arrested in connection to Jared's abduction, but he said he could not remember. I'm not sure if he really did not recall, or if he is just reluctant to divulge information to someone that is not from LE.

Did you know about DAH?

What do you know about him?

Do you mind asking him some other questions?

Did you know about DAH?

What do you know about him?

Do you mind asking him some other questions?

I only know what we all know now about DAH. I found his name by dumb luck. I googled Moose Lake and Paynesville and came up with an obituary that had his name, although it was in a different order. After that it wasn't hard to find what there is on the internet about him. Moose Lake was a name of an institution that I came across doing other searches on WS.

I am no longer in contact with Garber.

Wow! I tried so many combinations to try and find the sex offender from Paynesville.

There sure is not much about him on the net.

I was thinking about the lisp.

Perhaps, I am far more talented than others - lol, but I can talk with a lisp if I want to.

People around me entertain themselves with gravelly talking like a pirate voices.

We can do our fake British and Southern accents.

I think someone trained in voice could do a better job than I.

DR's lisp.....it was just a thought that occurred to me. My brother stutters and has all his life...he can control it in some circumstances but not in a nervous situation. I don't know anything about speech therapy so do not know if DR could control his lisp or not. I'm sure he could disguise his voice by making it gravelly as can most people. If Jared + Jacob's abductors are one and the same and Jared's abductor seemingly had conversations with him, it seems he most likely would have been speaking in his natural voice since he didn't bother to wear a mask- so why disguise his voice? And if DR disguised HIS voice then either he knew about Jared's abductor having a gravelly voice and copied it or it's a coincidence that he used a gravelly voice OR he is Jared + Jacob's abductor but then I assume Jared would have recognized him by now......sorry for the rambling.

I doubt that Jared has identified DR as his abductor.

Thanks to Shergal's sleuthing skills, I learned about a book written by former FBI agent Al Garber, "Striving to Be the Best: A Memoir". Mr. Garber was the FBI Agent in Charge in St. Joseph immediately following Jacob's abduction. The following are tidbits of info from the pages related to Jacob's abduction and the early days of the investigation.

* Jerry Wetterling's calm demeanor led some people to suspect he may have had some involvement or knowledge of the kidnapping. However, he was checked out, including a lie detector test with no indication of deception. Jerry's behavior had been consistent his whole adult life - he was quickly cleared as a suspect.

* Suspects began to develop immediately. A prison inmate at Stillwater told another inmate that he cad kidnapped Jacob. A recording device was installed in the prisoner's cell and he was recorded talking about Jacob's kidnapping. An undercover agent was sent in. The suspect told the agent that he wanted to pay to have his car destroyed. The suspect's car was torn apart from bumper to bumper but no evidence was found. A search warrant served on the suspect's rural farmhouse and turned up nothing. Garber and other LE attempted to interview the suspect in prison but he was uncooperative.

* FBI investigators noted a strong possibility that Jacob's kidnapping case was related to Jared's 9 months prior. A suspect was identified and a car was found that was owned by the suspect at the time of Jared's abduction. Fibers found in the car were similar to fibers from Jared's coat. The man was arrested (I could be wrong, but I believe this is the 1st time we ever heard about someone being arrested in Jared's case?) and charged, but charges were later dropped when the man lawyered up.

* Most information that came in from psychics was recorded and acted on, because LE believed that a person may be passing on legitimate information without having to name a source.

Mr. Garber credits many family members, friends, and colleagues among those who helped guide his career and provide inspiration for the book. However, it is the inscription on the inside cover of the book that indicates where Mr. Garber's passion lies:

"This book is officially published on October 22, 2009, the 20th anniversary of the kidnapping of Jacob Wetterling"

Here is info .Is one of these DAH?

I think Stillwater would be the prison DAH would have gone to? When was Oak Park Heights built? 1982. Would DAH be there or at Stillwater? http://www.doc.state.mn.us/facilities/stillwater.htm

St. Cloud. http://www.doc.state.mn.us/facilities/stcloud.htm

Oak Park Heights. Super secure. Underground. http://www.doc.state.mn.us/facilities/oakpark.htm

How do they decide where to send someone?

Would one of the Bahners fit into one of these scenarios?

DAH would have gone to Moose Lake after serving his prison sentence, I believe.

That is where the civil commitment comes from.

The 'tapes' are back up on YouTube....I translated the one featuring Ben the eyewitness. Let me know if I've missed any words or utterances.

Ben: and uh...about eight....uh twenty to nine I uh got ready to go home and I looked up the road towards where Jacob and them were...uh...where they got kidnapped.
Interviewer: yeh
Ben: and uh...I seen...uh...Michael and Richard and they were coming up out of the woods.... right into the big tall grass.
Interviewer: ah ah
Ben:....up out of the ditch. And that's what I seen before I went down the hill to go home. And then uh..I....
Interviewer: was that right...was that right by the site?
Ben: yeh. It's right by where he got kidnapped.
Interviewer: ah ah
Ben: and...uh...I seen Jacob, and Aaron, and his little brother Trevor when me and my dad were coming back from the Tom Thumb that night. We seen them going to Tom Thumb. But they must have....they came up the other way coming back to Tom Thumb up the hill.
Interviewer: hmm hmm
Ben: the next day I heard that he got kidnapped.
Interviewer: and you knew the Bahners were down there in the ditch when you left?
Ben: yep
Interviewer: and that was about what....twenty to nine?
Ben: yep...twenty to nine

Can anyone make a bit of sense from this?

Where was Ben when he talks about seeing the Bahner's? Earlier than him going to the store with his Dad.

He lives down the hill?

How could theu have seen everything he says they did? Were there houses before the cul de sac?

Where could Ben possibly live?

Where is two blocks from DR where he could see everything he says he saw that night,

I was going over posts from 2010 and noticed that Kevin said he had a police scanner and that is why he went to the scene. Is it in his house or his car? Jared said his perp had a police scanner in his car.

what if Kevin was the getaway driver? He may have been too young to do it (stories have said he was a college art student at the time?)

Can anyone make a bit of sense from this?

Where was Ben when he talks about seeing the Bahner's? Earlier than him going to the store with his Dad.

He lives down the hill?

How could theu have seen everything he says they did? Were there houses before the cul de sac?

Where could Ben possibly live?

Where is two blocks from DR where he could see everything he says he saw that night,

I have not been able to decipher that. I've looked at the map and tried relating it to his words but too confusing. I interpreted it to mean he was already in the car? how else would he see them in the dark? It could be that he's telling the story out of order or we're not getting the whole story. He doesn't live by the abduction site so must have been visiting someone nearby, then got ready to go home and saw what he saw, drove 'down the hill'...then what? picked up his dad, went to the Tom Thumb, left Tom Thumb and saw the boys coming to Tom Thumb? Does all of that fit into 35 minutes?

I was going over posts from 2010 and noticed that Kevin said he had a police scanner and that is why he went to the scene. Is it in his house or his car? Jared said his perp had a police scanner in his car.

Joy's blog states it was in the house of Kevin's girlfriend's mother. Said she always left it on.

Maybe they were. Not sure if they were.

Kevin was not the art student. That was some kid in a little red car seen around town.

He was doing sketching

what if Kevin was the getaway driver? He may have been too young to do it (stories have said he was a college art student at the time?)

Interesting theory...Kevin + DR. DR is the grabber, Kevin is the driver with an accomplice in the car. Lickity split they're gone and DR runs to the house in the grass. However, I would think there's corroboration on Kevin's side.

He says he was with his gf at her house playing cards or something like that

Kevin + DR theory....just supposing for a moment that this was the case. Would Jacob's scent transfer to DR? If not it would explain the end of Jacob's scent coinciding with his footprints and no scent found on the farmstead.

And maybe it wasn't Kevin...maybe somebody else in a car....like Feeney who placed himself nearby the site. A quick transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LornaJay