Search of MR's house Aug. 14, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, taking carpet and floor boards is most common. LE will also take walls, ceilings, plumbing all the way out to the sewer, tubs, window and doors, including the frames. In some cases entire bathrooms are removed.

Interesting to know, as I have not followed enough cases to have that knowledge. Thank you. Actually, the thing that I thought was the strangest in the recent list of things taken from MR's home was clothing. Clothing? Do they have a picture or a witness that puts him in specific clothes? Or were they looking for stained clothes? Stumped.

wow I'm so glad there is movement in this case from the day I saw all that wood chopped on his porch, I had a bad bad feeling about what he had been doin in the two mos after he split with Dylan's mom. He had been chopping a LOT of wood. And that appeared to be over 100cords from what I saw....I wonder what they found in the hole, the cell phone, axe, or what.

The blow poke info just blows my freaking mind.

IMO, taking carpet and floor boards is most common. LE will also take walls, ceilings, plumbing all the way out to the sewer, tubs, window and doors, including the frames. In some cases entire bathrooms are removed.

I agree as much as I agree blood soaks thru carpet thru padding and into wood. Very difficult to clean up. I hope they found what they needed to arrest him. The very fact they TOOK and pulled up floor boards? I hope they hv 24/7 surv on him from here on out.

Interesting to know, as I have not followed enough cases to have that knowledge. Thank you. Actually, the thing that I thought was the strangest in the recent list of things taken from MR's home was clothing. Clothing? Do they have a picture or a witness that puts him in specific clothes? Or were they looking for stained clothes? Stumped.

Without knowing what kind of clothing they took -- the thought that sprang to my mind was pants, socks, or shoes that might have dirt from the disposal site still clinging to them, if there was something distinctive there.

The clothes is quite interesting to me as well. Anything from nine months ago would have been cleaned (surely) or disposed of, (if need be) I would think. So has he been followed and doing something he shouldn't have recently.....perhaps looking for Dylan's remains? Disposing of possible evidence? In any case it appears that they had some sort of lead. Why else dig where they did? And why a particular piece of carpet and floor? Must have been a credible lead as they did have a warrant. Hmmm....guess we will find out in a day or so.

Still wonder why you dig a whole in his yard ?! . Its too random to not mean something IMO

Maybe to see if that dirt has the same characteristics of the dirt he was found in? I wonder if they think he was buried once and then moved?

wow I'm so glad there is movement in this case from the day I saw all that wood chopped on his porch, I had a bad bad feeling about what he had been doin in the two mos after he split with Dylan's mom. He had been chopping a LOT of wood. And that appeared to be over 100cords from what I saw....I wonder what they found in the hole, the cell phone, axe, or what.

The blow poke info just blows my freaking mind.

I'm sorry but I missed something.. blow poke? I am not familiar with this term. tks

I did some quick research to find out what is needed to get a search warrant. As most know, it has to have some basis and cannot be issues strictly based on a hunch.

I know this is somewhat general information, but here's what I found from Lawyers.com (I underlined a few things that might be most relevant for his case):

To get a warrant, agents need to:

1. Ask a neutral and detached magistrate or judge for a warrant. A "magistrate" is similar to a judge. He's usually an attorney or retired judge who's been hired by the court to handle certain matters to ease the judges' busy schedules. "Neutral and detached" means that the magistrate isn't involved in the case or the investigation and doesn't have a personal bias or "axe to grind" with the suspect. Persons who aren't neutral and detached include police officers, a district attorney, state attorney general or a justice of the peace who receives a fee for each warrant issued

2. Convince the magistrate that there is probable cause to search for and seize property. Generally, there's probable cause to search when there's a fair probability that contraband or evidence of a crime will be found in the place that the police want to search. The agents need to give the magistrate this information under oath or affirmation, that is, they need to swear that the information is true. Typically, they give the magistrate an affidavit - a written statement given under oath. However, a search warrant may be given when the agents give the magistrate this information orally.

3. Identify for the magistrate the particular and specific person or property to be searched and any person or property to be seized. This is called the particularity requirement. Generally, the street address of your house or the apartment number will be used; or a detailed description of you will be used if the warrant is for your body. It must also state that the warrant will be executed within 10 days and that it will be executed during the "daytime" - which generally is from 6 A.M. to 10 P.M. - unless the magistrate authorizes a different time.

So it's obvious that to get this warrant, law enforcement had to believe – and convince a judge or magistrate - that they would find evidence of a crime at MR's house.

Now for my opinion - it's entirely possible that law enforcement found more remains than they say they have. There may be fiber evidence (i.e. carpet fibers) found, or evidence on one of the bones that shows an injury from a unique 'tool' that they're trying to locate. Lastly, I think it's possible that someone who visited the house may have seen something suspicious and told the police. (stepping off the soapbox).

Do you have a more specific link? A deputy friend of mine said that search and seizure laws are state specific. We'd like to know if this is for the state of Colorado. :tyou:

Do you have a more specific link? A deputy friend of mine said that search and seizure laws are state specific. We'd like to know if this is for the state of Colorado. :tyou:

http://www.criminal-lawyer-colorado...le-cause-for-search-warrants-in-colorado.html

Probable Cause

The United States and Colorado Constitutions prohibit issuance of a search warrant without a showing of probable cause supported by oath or affidavit. See U.S. Const. amend IV; Colo. Const. art. II, ¤ 7. “Probable cause exists when an affidavit for a search warrant alleges facts sufficient to cause a person of reasonable caution to believe that contraband or evidence of criminal activity is located at the place to be searched.’”

Probable cause is determined by the “totality of the circumstances.” Under the Colorado Constitution, the facts supporting probable cause must be reduced to a writing, and so probable cause must be established within the four corners of the warrant or its supporting affidavit.

Items taken:

Redwine says the investigators removed sections of carpet and wood flooring. He says they took a fireplace poker, clothing and a cell phone. Redwine said deputies also dug a hole in his yard underneath an outdoor staircase.
Why can't they say some items were taken & sent away for further testing??? Even if they found something suspicious like blood, it will still need testing to see if it matches Dylan's DNA, the phone perhaps could take some time, etc. There must be a reason that these items were specifically taken. I guess we're are still in the waiting game mode, but I am hopeful they will solve this case.

Maybe Mark kept something as if this was a accident then he may not of been able to get just rid of everything and decided to keep something that Dylan loved IMO

Just a theory and putting it out there.

I just find it really strange that when MR was explaining what was taken, he didn't specify whose cell phone? I mean, if LE came into my house and took my cell phone I'd say "they took my cell phone". If it was my missing son's cell phone, I'd say "they took Dylan's cell phone". Why would he say they took "a cell phone" without specifying whose it is? Like he's got all these random cell phones laying around his house or something. It feels like he's being vague for a reason.

I just find it really strange that when MR was explaining what was taken, he didn't specify whose cell phone? I mean, if LE came into my house and took my cell phone I'd say "they took my cell phone". If it was my missing son's cell phone, I'd say "they took Dylan's cell phone". Why would he say they took "a cell phone" without specifying whose it is? Like he's got all these random cell phones laying around his house or something. It feels like he's being vague for a reason.

I just counted and there are 15 random, spare cells here. Mark probably doesn't change phones as often as my teen and I do though.

I would like to reiterate for the umpteenth time that I'm pretty sure MR has NOT hired a lawyer. :) He's either innocent or the biggest cheap skate on the planet ! moooo
Or if he did it, he wants to get caught, subconsciously or otherwise. JMO.

I just counted and there are 15 random, spare cells here. Mark probably doesn't change phones as often as my teen and I do though.

We've got three. I know my old one doesn't work. I'm not sure who the third one even belongs to. I wonder if one of youngest's friends left it here?

When the house was first searched did they not take mobile phones then as well?

Hoping for justice for DR. Let this bring answers too. MR told reporters what LE searched and took? smh that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ81