Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's alwayssss racial.

Yeah, the believability of parts of his story has nothing to do with the countless weed references on her twitter.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but really? It's only plausible if you're latently racist?

:banghead:

True but I think you can plug a phone in and look up the number easily.
I can on my cheap little phone.

As far as getting caught up here...LE is saying very little since the arrest on Monday. They have been searching a lot on his property, confirmed finding "a number of phones" but not saying if they found hers. His public defender has reported the suspect's tale of meeting Alexis at gas station and somehow, ending up getting weed thru her via a third person, so-called "cornrow dude" based on description given by RT. nothing from LE about any of this. All of this is supposed to explain away an alleged hair belonging to A, found in his home. Not confirmed by LE.

Some news tweets reported yesterday that searching was also happening where Morgan H. was found, but not sure if these were identified as LE searches or not.

And that is all I know...

Do not lose hope.

The FBI is involved so not much will come out in the news. The local LE(s) are being great with not leaking much! A reporter overheard the finding of phone(s). I am amazed at the quietness given the area. I'm sure locals are sitting on some info they are just bursting to say, but it is best not to say yet, until it is leaked.

Sit tight. I don't feel they have found Alexis, nor do I think they are close unfortunately.

I do think quiet is good, now that it is news there may be at least 2 accomplices, that could blow the whole thing.

The phones will be tested, and shoved in a line of emergency.

So far, that is all. The other 2 in the truck are not going to say anything, if they even know. I don't think they do. I think RAT took them on a mud ride after he did what he did. I think CornRow is someone RAT knows, but not involved. JMO

We will not hear much as long as FBI are there. I think that helps.

I hope the find Alexis, I do not think she is being held anywhere though. :(

ok i totally see the story rat is telling as back peddling and character assasination and racial sterotyping. I heard this story and about flipped!

So am doesnt text tweet or anything after 7:40? Yet she was hanging out with one old dude she just happen to start a conversation with about smoking weed? So how did she get with the so called dealer? Just show up?? Most people call their dealers. This can be verified by her phone records, duh. Why didnt he tell this story when he was first arrested and charged?

And let me tell you how i see it. There are some on the internet, not here, but other sites where people are like, "ok yeah this is possible". So i ask them why in the world would you believe someone who allegedly kidnapped and possible murdered am and maybe even others out there?

Ok yeah, black chick, 17, of course it all makes sense. Ah ha! She had to be into weed cause of course every teen is out there smoking pot and kicking it with drug dealers especial african american. Uh, no.

And can rat cram anymore useless sterotypes in one story. Cornrows? I dunno who even wears cornrows anymore!! That was like so 10 years ago.a caprice? Yup i know about 6 brothers that have a caprice. Drug dealer? Check? Drinking a beer, yup. He might has well say this guy have a gold grill, drinking a 40oz, wearing a gold chain and blasted lil wayne when he left. And he doesnt know the guys name? Let's say it was pookie.

As you can probably tell i'm a bit annoyed by this....

^^^^word^^^^

Re. Looking in Anchorage Farms: Maybe the African American friend of RT is involved in Morgan's case? MOO

JMO, but I still think they got it all wrong on Morgan's case. In dark lighting anyone with olive skin looks AA. The t-shirt could have been planted, but I really think someone found a "cool" t-shirt in the trash or on the side of the road and took it. They dropped it when they saw it on the news. Morgan was at a concert and in a confrontation, DNA for that t-shirt is useless. Again, jmo.

The phone could be in any condition ranging from broken in pieces and covered in mud to scratch-free with the battery still intact. If I drop my phone on the floor, the cover falls off and the battery falls out.

As far as getting caught up here...LE is saying very little since the arrest on Monday. They have been searching a lot on his property, confirmed finding "a number of phones" but not saying if they found hers. His public defender has reported the suspect's tale of meeting Alexis at gas station and somehow, ending up getting weed thru her via a third person, so-called "cornrow dude" based on description given by RT. Nothing from LE about any of this. All of this is supposed to explain away an alleged hair belonging to A, found in his home. Not confirmed by LE.

Some news tweets reported yesterday that searching was also happening where Morgan H. was found, but not sure if these were identified as LE searches or not.

And that is all I know...
Sadly, the phone(s) may not plug in (may be damaged, or the plug may be damaged). It might also have a password on it that they would need to crack. I would never guess my daughter's if she hadn't told me. It was nothing like any password she would normally use. They may have to take the guts out and put in another phone or harness to get it to work. And if the phone(s) is/are damaged, it may take some time to get information out of it, if at all. I've had phones blue screen after taking a hit.

I'm just saying that it doesn't seem odd to me for it to take this long to ID a phone, or several phones.

To those with questions regarding searching for Alexis:

There are MANY state trained search and rescue groups in VA, including K9, horse and foot resources. The local LE must call them in to be utilized, which they have not done. This could be for any number of reasons, but my guess is that they are collecting evidence. I understand there were some para-searchers allowed to fly over certain areas, but the fact that "air support" only is allowed tells me that LE doesn't want anything contaminated by outsiders. THIS IS JUST SPECULATION, I haven't heard an official position on this. When/if the search broadens it is possible that LE calls in the trained searchers IF they feel it would be helpful. Meanwhile, don't get yourself in the position of being injured, lost, sick by traipsing around in the woods. If anything happens to YOU, it can take attention/resources away from Alexis.

Does anyone find it weird that in a such hot case there has been no mention of it today? The proclamation that 'we found it' should have warranted some clarification. Yet we still wait word of any progression.

Did we ever hear why RAT's attorney was changed? If so, sorry I missed it.

This current attorney, even though he was previous LE, just seems "wrong"! One of those gut feelings that I can't put the words to, maybe suspicious? Suspicious of him being able to play the game that has kept RAT out of prison! Something is just NOT right!!

Do any of you have this feeling too?

JMO, but I still think they got it all wrong on Morgan's case. In dark lighting anyone with olive skin looks AA. The t-shirt could have been planted, but I really think someone found a "cool" t-shirt in the trash or on the side of the road and took it. They dropped it when they saw it on the news. Morgan was at a concert and in a confrontation, DNA for that t-shirt is useless. Again, jmo.

Pretty sure that they found DNA when Morgan was found. That DNA was the one that was linked to the other rape.

In many of the cases I've followed, a calm like this means they're crossing t's and dotting i's, and big news is about to break soon.

I hope that's true in this case, too.

In many of the cases I've followed, a calm like this means they're crossing t's and dotting i's, and big news is about to break soon.

I hope that's true in this case, too.

This was certainly true with Alanna Gallagher.

Carbuff, I hope you are right! I have been following the case rather silently. I keep checking in hoping for the best. I really hope the LE are following up on all leads including sent in by MoxieThyme.

Pretty sure that they found DNA when Morgan was found. That DNA was the one that was linked to the other rape.

Yes, there's DNA in Morgan's case. It connects to a 2005 rape in Fairfax, for which there's a sketch believed to be the suspect in that case.

Sadly, the phone(s) my not plug in (may be damaged, or the plug may be damaged). It might also have a password on it that they would need to crack. I would never guess my daughter's if she hadn't told me. It was nothing like any password she would normally use. They may have to take the guts out and put in another phone or harness to get it to work. And if the phone(s) is/are damaged, it may take some time to get information out of it, if at all. I've had phones blue screen after taking a hit.

I'm just saying that it doesn't seem odd to me for it to take this long to ID a phone, or several phones.

Maybe they can get into the "hard drive" of a cell phone?

I don't know as I don't have one.

I do know that whatever your company says about saving text messages is not what happens in murder cases. They are there, via Prosecutor subpoena. Pages and pages of them, going back for longer than what I saw posted last thread I think it was.

It is just like emails. They are there for a verrrryyy, long time. Longer than what the provider may tell the customer. (Actually, it is most likely forever, google and all.)

Iphones have iCloud and all her info is stored there - which is accessible via laptop/computer of anyone who knows her password. They don't need her phone to pull up her files like that. Also, if with AT&T, most info like texts and such are on their system.

I think this has been mentioned, but if it's an iPhone it'll have the IMEI # inscribed on the back. No need for the phone to be functional to at least link it to an account.

This article is 2 days old but they updated it today. I don't know what all they changed but I do know one thing they did change. In this quote it originally said the reason they moved the command center was because they keep the command center central to the area they are investigating. It said they are no longer looking in Lovingston.

Yes, I know it could have been an error but I still think it is at least noteworthy. imo

Investigators have uprooted from their headquarters at the Lovingston Volunteer Fire Department off U.S. 29. Mays said the search now is headquartered in Charlottesville, but he would not discuss the reason behind the change.

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_5c21f3d2-0509-11e3-87da-001a4bcf6878.html

I think you have to be able to get to the inner storage on most phones to get the detailed position data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard