SIDEBAR #17- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya: Trying to get caught up here about JVM's book :

- WHY did JVM write this book ?

- Did she have Approval from Travis' Family ?

:twocents: From what I saw of this evening's show [ :scared: I kept having to lower the volume :scared: ] there did not seem to be anything "new" IMO ...

There might be a few "nuggets" of information that we haven't heard yet, but I'm sure the majority of the book will be stuff we already know. I'm very interested in anything about Bobby Juarez. He is like a "shadow character" in this whole thing. Nobody heard anything from him, and it was almost like he went into hiding when it all hit the fan.

Like YESorNO, I will wait for the reviews to see if I want to invest in the book or wait until it's available at the library.

Watching JVM. So now it comes out that, according to her sources, Bobby was afraid of CMJA. It just really frustrates me that something like this wasn't allowed to be presented in the trial.
Now, I'm thinking that DB was afraid of her as well, he actually sounded fearful when he was on the witness stand. I think he was choosing what he said very carefully, just in case CMJA wasn't convicted.

Also, that Travis told his friend CMJA was a "nymphomaniac" , well, no surprise to me, but this also wasn't presented to the jury.

How is it that the truth is prejudicial, :facepalm: something I doubtfully will ever understand.

I tried to watch JVM, but it got too screamy, yelly for me. I was glad to see Beth Karas on the panel; she is a voice of reason and IMO has integrity so it was good to see her vouch for some of JVM's "bombshells.

Information has been out disclosed in cyberspace about CMJA's stalking of Bobby Juarez. I have seen people who claim to have known both of them posting on this and giving some very specific incidents as examples, so it was good to have confirmation from Beth on this.

Neesaki, the "nympho" bombshell bombed, as the evidence in the trial did point to CMJA being the aggressor in the physical relationship. Some of the panel's speculation on June 4th is consistent with opinions here that her having sex with him on that day was all part of her plan.

There was also talk of CMJA attempting to blackmail Travis with the sex tape and that this was the basis for Travis sending that blistering exchange on May 26. Again, no surprise as this is something that has been discussed here. JVM did support this theory with Skye Hughes' speculation that CMJA was going to consult her attorney about the legality of a phone conversation recorded without permission.

That was as far as I got in the program before I tuned out.

Like you, this whole thing about too prejudicial is a concept that serves the defendant, not justice. I thought that it used to be a prior history could be introduced in court if it directly related to the crime. In this case, Travis was stalked as was Bobby and the stalking escalated enough to cause fear in both men. I'm as confident as one can be that there were many incidents of stalking Travis that were not mentioned in court.

The one thing that did bother me was when Amy Murphy talked about the penalty phase being hung, she repeatedly said the foreman felt that
Travis was culpable and thus CMJA did not deserve the death penalty. What I saw from the evidence presented was a man who was trying to get out of the relationship and as the stalking escalated, he did become scared and angry. It was a vicious cycle; the more he tried to break free, the harder she tried to rope him in and unfortunately the cycle ended in him being brutally murdered.

Maybe- easy money- just getting things from the trial and her "sources" (guests from her show)????

YESorNO, your squirrel reminds of the moustache contest in Germany :floorlaugh:. There are some really wierd moustaches out there.

moustache guy.png

:seeya: Trying to get caught up here about JVM's book :

- WHY did JVM write this book ?

- Did she have Approval from Travis' Family ?

:twocents: From what I saw of this evening's show [ :scared: I kept having to lower the volume :scared: ] there did not seem to be anything "new" IMO ...

:floorlaugh: Me, too! I haven't had HLN on for months and had forgotten what a screamer JVM can be :eek: Doesn't help when she has guests who try to out-scream the host or others on the panel. I was interested in hearing what Beth Karas has to say but that obnoxious male guest continually interrupted and drowned her out :stormingmad:

I tried to watch JVM, but it got too screamy, yelly for me. I was glad to see Beth Karas on the panel; she is a voice of reason and IMO has integrity so it was good to see her vouch for some of JVM's "bombshells.

Information has been out disclosed in cyberspace about CMJA's stalking of Bobby Juarez. I have seen people who claim to have known both of them posting on this and giving some very specific incidents as examples, so it was good to have confirmation from Beth on this.

Neesaki, the "nympho" bombshell bombed, as the evidence in the trial did point to CMJA being the aggressor in the physical relationship. Some of the panel's speculation on June 4th is consistent with opinions here that her having sex with him on that day was all part of her plan.

There was also talk of CMJA attempting to blackmail Travis with the sex tape and that this was the basis for Travis sending that blistering exchange on May 26. Again, no surprise as this is something that has been discussed here. JVM did support this theory with Skye Hughes' speculation that CMJA was going to consult her attorney about the legality of a phone conversation recorded without permission.

That was as far as I got in the program before I tuned out.

Like you, this whole thing about too prejudicial is a concept that serves the defendant, not justice. I thought that it used to be a prior history could be introduced in court if it directly related to the crime. In this case, Travis was stalked as was Bobby and the stalking escalated enough to cause fear in both men. I'm as confident as one can be that there were many incidents of stalking Travis that were not mentioned in court.

The one thing that did bother me was when Amy Murphy talked about the penalty phase being hung, she repeatedly said the foreman felt that
Travis was culpable and thus CMJA did not deserve the death penalty. What I saw from the evidence presented was a man who was trying to get out of the relationship and as the stalking escalated, he did become scared and angry. It was a vicious cycle; the more he tried to break free, the harder she tried to rope him in and unfortunately the cycle ended in him being brutally murdered.

BBM IMO, I think Travis having sex with her on 6/4 confused some people- it confused me. :scared:

I can't wait for Juan to get after missy again. :rockon:

picture.php

Hope it's before the year ends. :please:

I have to admit that it was fascinating to watch him dismantle her on the stand.

Her opinion of herself is so high, that she actually thought she had the upper hand on the first day of cross examination. I watched it again today and she was so full of herself with smirks, a giggle and trying to correct him. My sense is that her fan club is helping to build her ego and while she should have every reason not to want to face him again, in her tiny little mind she is looking forward to trying to take him down. What she has failed to take into consideration is that Juan Martinez has built a career off of questioning questionable characters like her.

:floorlaugh: Me, too! I haven't had HLN on for months and had forgotten what a screamer JVM can be :eek: Doesn't help when she has guests who try to out-scream the host or others on the panel. I was interested in hearing what Beth Karas has to say but that obnoxious male guest continually interrupted and drowned her out :stormingmad:

I don't think JVM has the control of her guests like NG has. Ng just cuts her guests off right away :floorlaugh: She has the whip out right away. :floorlaugh:

NG has news about a child, Erica Parsons, missing for 2 years and no one reported her missing. Parents still collected $600+ every month from the gov't. Told everyone that Erica was living with her Grandmother (who has been dead for 5 years).
What a sin. I don't understand people anymore.

There might be a few "nuggets" of information that we haven't heard yet, but I'm sure the majority of the book will be stuff we already know. I'm very interested in anything about Bobby Juarez. He is like a "shadow character" in this whole thing. Nobody heard anything from him, and it was almost like he went into hiding when it all hit the fan.

Like YESorNO, I will wait for the reviews to see if I want to invest in the book or wait until it's available at the library.

The number of orgasms that Jodi was capable of having was a new nugget to me :blushing:

NG has news about a child, Erica Parsons, missing for 2 years and no one reported her missing. Parents still collected $600+ every month from the gov't. Told everyone that Erica was living with her Grandmother (who has been dead for 5 years).
What a sin. I don't understand people anymore.

It's horrible what people do to children, especially their own. :(

The number of orgasms that Jodi was capable of having was a new nugget to me :blushing:

Nice to see you again on the boards!:seeya:

And the panelists questioned whether they were real or fake...then the discussion got even more specific with different types of female orgasms.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

And one new nugget I could have done without :puke: :floorlaugh:

If you ask me though, she was probably faking a lot of them :blushing:. I don't believe she was addicted to the sex so much - she was addicted to the power that she felt sex obtained her. She used sex as a weapon, not for enjoyment. JMO

:blushing:
I don't believe it.
She's a liar.

Me neither, especially when it took both of her hands to pleasure herself :blushing:

Jodi loved to exaggerate her talents and abilities - like having an Einstein IQ. Dream on, Jodi :rolleyes:

Speaking about sex and orgasms, I stumbled upon this article and thought it might be interesting to post:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The internet is abuzz today with both visceral and intellectual responses to The Art of Sleeping Alone, a memoir by Sophie Fontanel (senior fashion editor at French Elle) that chronicles her decision to abstain from sex. Not for religious reasons, not because she was waiting for the right person to come along and sweep her off her feet - simply because she realized she was happier that way. Because she was 27 and she wanted to. Because she decided that having bad sex, or sex just for the point of having sex, is not actually better than no sex at all - for her, at least.
http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/could-without-sex-12-years-heres-one-womans-141500878.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think she was pretty young to stop having sex, IMO.

Where's my daisy.
I'm getting worried.

Yes, flashes come and go and last just a few minutes, and time of day/night doesn't matter. You feel yourself getting hot and might have a little perspiration on your brow. They are quite annoying! Luckily I didn't have severe ones like lots of women have. I don't know why you're so hot at night ... ask our resident nurse Zuri ... she knows everything! :) Sounds like you're entering the menopausal years. :seeya: Anyone else want to jump in on this?

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Hey- where's my sis, daisy tonight?

I'm here! Coming out of a coma after eating too much bread (diabetes) but it was white wheat! I can hardly move. LOL Now thinking about some candy. :floorlaugh:

When the penalty phase is retried, does anyone know what we can expect in terms of how the guilt and aggravation phases are presented to the new jury? I can't get a handle on this; all I know is that the purpose is to bring the jury up to speed so that they can make an informed decision.

If they do question witnesses, how much can they veer from the original line of questioning? Can new information come into the case?

Just as I don't want to listen to CMJA, I also don't want to hear much from Nurmi or Willmott. I do have issues with the DT and it seems that they crossed ethical boundaries more than once. Nurmi represented to the Hughes that the forged pedo letters had been verified as authentic; Chris testified to this in court when the jury was not present. They also led Patti Womack to believe that she was under subpoena to testify in the penalty phase; I believe that she publicly stated this in her last appearance on Nancy Grace. In court, Willmott deliberately misstated Alice Walker's position on DV when questioning Janine DeMarte; fortunately, DeMarte was an ideal witness in that she handled the question appropriately by stating she was not aware of what Willmott was trying to sell. I found it distasteful that ALV was only give cherry picked communication upon which to base her opinion, but at the same time I have to give the expert witness equal blame for not requesting full access to all correspondence.

If these are indeed ethical breaches, I would hope that appropriate sanctions are given.

I took deep umbrage with Nurmi suggesting that the jury was not abiding by the court's admonishment not to seek information about the case outside of the courtroom. If I had been a juror on that trial and found out about it after I was dismissed, I would have been furious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard