Israel Keyes: General Discussion

http://www.theprovince.com/news/ser...nties+probe+possible+links/8799114/story.html

Did U.S. serial killer continue his hunt for victims on trips to B.C.?

When questioned, Keyes admitted to killing 11 people in up to nine states but added, “Canadians don’t count,” Gonzalez said.

It’s unclear whether Keyes purposely didn’t include Canadians in his murder tally or if he didn’t kill any.

“It’s very cryptic. The investigators never really got to follow up on that,” Gonzalez said.

Just a thought, but could the feet that have washed up in BC belong to victims of Keyes? It is said that he dismembered and dumped bodies in water.

Just a thought, but could the feet that have washed up in BC belong to victims of Keyes? It is said that he dismembered and dumped bodies in water.

"But the reason why at least 12 human feet have washed up off the Pacific coast of Canada has turned out to be rather more mundane.

Most of the victims were suicides who threw themselves off bridges into the water after which their bodies decomposed naturally, investigators have revealed.

Through painstaking work they were able to work out the real story behind the mystery, including the most recent victim which was found on November 5th 2011, which was ‘definitely an accident’.

Mr Fonseca told the New York Post that most of the victims jumped from a bridge over the Fraser River, which flows into the Pacific Ocean at Vancouver."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-Pacific-coast-people-committed-suicide.html

"But the reason why at least 12 human feet have washed up off the Pacific coast of Canada has turned out to be rather more mundane.

Most of the victims were suicides who threw themselves off bridges into the water after which their bodies decomposed naturally, investigators have revealed.

Through painstaking work they were able to work out the real story behind the mystery, including the most recent victim which was found on November 5th 2011, which was ‘definitely an accident’.

Mr Fonseca told the New York Post that most of the victims jumped from a bridge over the Fraser River, which flows into the Pacific Ocean at Vancouver."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-Pacific-coast-people-committed-suicide.html

Thanks, I did read that article but still wonder if Keyes was responsible for the death of at least one, if not more, of those people.

<sniped from article & BBM>

Revealed: Human feet that washed up on Pacific coast were from people who committed suicide - and were wearing buoyant rubber-soled shoes
By DANIEL BATES
UPDATED: 12:23 EST, 4 March 2012

RE: When it emerged that one had apparently been deliberately severed, rumours began spreading that a serial killer with a twisted calling card might be at work.

So, 12 human feet have washed up off the Pacific coast of Canada. During one 11 month period six feet washes up.
Only one victim was identified through dna as Fisherman Stefan Zahorujko&#8217;s.
One had apparently been deliberately severed, rumors began spreading that a serial killer with a twisted calling card might be at work. Pranksters have also made the investigation more difficult. In 2008 they planted a hoax &#8216;foot&#8217; on Vancouver Island which renewed interest in the case. And then investigators arbitrarily conclude that most of the victims simply jumped from the Fraser River?

Then. less than one month later, a taunting serial killer with a twisted calling card; Israel Keyes, who once lived and frequented WA, is arrested 04/2012... Guess, it is only ironic coincidence that most were tennis shoes, since many of IK's victims were taken from parks, hiking trails, bike paths, etc.
Rumors, huh? This investigation seemed to be perceived hypothesis from day one, imo...

FOOT MYSTERY THEORIES

* Remains of the 2004 Asian tsunami victims
* The feet of missing persons who have committed suicide
* Limbs of stowaways who fell overboard

I still think it is highly possible that one or two of those floating feet were Keye's victims. We know that he did frequent that area and he did have a habit of dismembering his victims. I think it is possible that one or more feet could be traced back to this monster. JMO

I really think LE needs to revisit their findings/conclusions in this regard. Unless those people left suicide notes or were actually seen jumping from the bridge then IK can't be ruled out. He said many of his victims were people who really wouldn't be missed or make the news and that one of his victims had their death ruled as an accident.

IMO IK has way more than 11 victims and in the beginning preyed on the weak and vulnerable to practice his "craft". Street people, the homeless, drug users, prostitutes etc. Those who wouldn't be missed or hit the front page of the newspaper. As time progress and he had honed his "skill", I believe he took risks and preyed on more challenging victims... single and in pairs. And, IMO as time passed I believe he took higher profile victims and followed their cases until he was captured.

I wonder how much evidence may be on his computer or on the computers of cafe's and coffee shops, libraries, etc that he may have spent time in that will never be found?

MOO, JMO, IHO

I really think LE needs to revisit their findings/conclusions in this regard. Unless those people left suicide notes or were actually seen jumping from the bridge then IK can't be ruled out. He said many of his victims were people who really wouldn't be missed or make the news and that one of his victims had their death ruled as an accident.

IMO IK has way more than 11 victims and in the beginning preyed on the weak and vulnerable to practice his "craft". Street people, the homeless, drug users, prostitutes etc. Those who wouldn't be missed or hit the front page of the newspaper. As time progress and he had honed his "skill", I believe he took risks and preyed on more challenging victims... single and in pairs. And, IMO as time passed I believe he took higher profile victims and followed their cases until he was captured.

I wonder how much evidence may be on his computer or on the computers of cafe's and coffee shops, libraries, etc that he may have spent time in that will never be found?

MOO, JMO, IHO

I also think he will have way more than 11 victims and I have always stated, he studied Bundy...well he has already traveled more miles than Bundy and I feel he will have more victims than Bundy...it was kinda like a game of I'M BETTER than you Bundy I feel in his sick mind
It has now been reported by 2 people on another site that he also was known to be homeless (I don't think so) but on FB one lady wrote and said she met him while in a certain part of Calif. she was homeless and said he used to come late at night and sit with the regular's and smoke weed with them, but they grew suspicious of him truly being homeless because they said he appeared too clean to have lived on the streets as they did, but she also said that during his visits they started noticing that a lot of homeless regulars begin disappearing and then he just quit stopping by....and one man met him in E. Tenn. at a homeless shelter, said he had absolutely no bags of any kind and slept there one night, he said he asked him how did he protect himself from the weather and etc....said he looked up and said "God provides everything I need" and took off walking...MOO....I think there was and will be so much more to IK story.....Yes I believe he frequented homeless shelters and communities.....he knew they could not really defend themselves and they were probably easy targets for him to lure away from safety, but I do NOT think he was ever homeless.....I think he had a rented vehicle parked somewhere hidden from the area he was staying at the time and I feel that some of those rental vehicles may possibly had victims hidden in them and I feel this is why I think he went to shelters and homeless communities....he could feel safe and not have to check into a motel...that way his name would not be connected to motels and etc....but this is moo only

I think it is also possible/probable that he would sleep in some of the abandoned houses he scouted. No check in there either.

And I agree with those of you who think he had more than 11 victims. He was simply traveling around TOO much to only have had 11.

He said he had victims in 10 states. We know he killed the Curriers, so that is 2 in VT. That implies that he would only have have had one person per state beyond that. Well didn't he say he killed a couple and buried them in Washington? That would not be consistent with only 11 killed in 10 states. And, of course, he was basically silent on those killed in other countries (Canada? Mexico? Belize? El Salvadore?, where he went on cruises?).

Just sayin'.

:moo:

I just finished watching the last video and wonder if the photo he asked to see again at the 1 hr 11 minute mark was of items found either in the boat that was being discussed or at the NY property? The female talks about gun parts right after he looks at the photo but earlier they had been talking about a knife. Did he have a secret compartment in the boat or a cache hidden on the property? Was he was studying the photo to see if that area had been disturbed and realized he was being lied to and that LE had way more info on him than he thought they did? Could the gun parts be traced as belonging to a possible victim from another state?

I just finished watching the last video and wonder if the photo he asked to see again at the 1 hr 11 minute mark was of items found either in the boat that was being discussed or at the NY property? The female talks about gun parts right after he looks at the photo but earlier they had been talking about a knife. Did he have a secret compartment in the boat or a cache hidden on the property? Was he was studying the photo to see if that area had been disturbed and realized he was being lied to and that LE had way more info on him than he thought they did? Could the gun parts be traced as belonging to a possible victim from another state?

In the FBI interview videos there is a little confusion over the knife. At first an investigator says he thinks they found a knife on the boat (one of the two Keyes talked about, may be linked to WA victims) but then later on in the video he says they did not find a knife, and it wasn't on "the list". It was sorta confusing but I wouldn't be suprised if they did find the knife and just didn't want IK to know, fumbled in interview, IDK. I don't believe LE was being totally truthful with him, I believe they were trying to trap him, catch him in a lie, etc. Who knows. *sigh*

Another thought..... as someone who Geocaches, I wonder if IK marked his caches as waypoints on an online map, much like Geocaches are marked on Groundspeak. Could he have been a member of that site and entered the locations to keep track of them but never published them for the general public to find? He'd have a listing in his profile but none of them would have been active.

I've been looking through the area he hid the Essex cache and if the location is correct (Susie Wilson Road and Route 15 Essex Vermont) there are at least 11 traditional caches and numerous other multi's (which don't mark the final location precisely as you have to solve a series of clues first to get the final) in and around that Nature Area. The way he hid that orange bucket is very much like we would hide a cache. Surprised no Geocachers stumbled upon it while looking for a spot to hide their own Cache.

I really don't know where it would be best to post this -- might be more helpful in the "region" threads, where people are actively sleuthing for possible victims among missing persons, but I wouldn't know which "region" thread to choose, so ... posting here.

Remember how IK said that, back when he "was smart", he let the victims come to him, in remote areas? bbm:

...“Investigators believe Keyes did not know any of his victims prior to their abductions,” the FBI news release said. “He described several remote locations that he frequented to look for victims – parks, campgrounds, trailheads, cemeteries, boating areas, etc. ..."
http://q13fox.com/2013/08/12/fbi-re...ler-in-washington-state-asks-public-for-help/

Just wondering whether he may have actually taken someone from or near a cemetery? Any persons reported missing under those circumstances?

I really don't know where it would be best to post this -- might be more helpful in the "region" threads, where people are actively sleuthing for possible victims among missing persons, but I wouldn't know which "region" thread to choose, so ... posting here.

Remember how IK said that, back when he "was smart", he let the victims come to him, in remote areas? bbm:

http://q13fox.com/2013/08/12/fbi-re...ler-in-washington-state-asks-public-for-help/

Just wondering whether he may have actually taken someone from or near a cemetery? Any persons reported missing under those circumstances?

Backwoods, imo, IK would have prolly focused on historical or rural cemeteries which would only get scant media coverage in the local rag. Due to statistics, lack of resources, etc., many, if not most rural LEAs would perceive the perp to be a local and the case would eventually fade with time..imo..

I do remember where multiple murders were committed in a TN cemetery, but can't remember which one..

While sleuthing the Mickey Shunick(LA-2012) abduction, whose body was located in a shallow grave in a historical cemetery.
Kenneth Allen McDuff; &#8220;The Broomstick Killer&#8221;, was discussed several times on the WS thread.

McDuff and Henry Lee Lucas; Otis Toole's luver, are both buried in the Captain Joe Byrd Cemetery, TX. Since it is verified that IK studied other serial killers prior. Imo, he would have been familiar with both of these notorious serial killers.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2010/05/serial_killer_grave_robbing.php

Texas' Serial Killers: Someone's Selling The Dirt From Their Graves On eBay Online

This first came to light when Andy Kahan, the world's leading expert on murderbilia (he literally coined the phrase) noticed that a well-known dealer of murderbilia was trying to sell bags of dirt from the graves of serial killers Henry Lee Lucas and Kenneth McDuff. Both are buried at Captain Joe Byrd Cemetery, which is owned by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice
__________________________________________________________-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_qyj7_CkXg"]Kenneth McDuff - Serial Killer - Documentary - YouTube[/ame]

I find it interesting that IK's mom and siblings are part of a religious cult the Church of Wells outside Lufkin, Texas in Wells, Texas

IK made a point of saying that he did all his" dirty deeds "away from home so that he would not be a suspect. This apparently changed after his attack on SK in his home town.

Could it be that he is lying to protect his wife and child and family/work or anyone/thing else that was important to him?

They say sk's usually begin first kills close to home then as confidence builds, they move outward...

IK made a point of saying that he did all his" dirty deeds "away from home so that he would not be a suspect. This apparently changed after his attack on SK in his home town.

Could it be that he is lying to protect his wife and child and family/work or anyone/thing else that was important to him?

They say sk's usually begin first kills close to home then as confidence builds, they move outward...

dotr, he stated to investigators he only meant to rob the coffee stand, he was not planning a murder that evening????...but when he saw Samantha, he talks of how the urge just took over and of course we all know the outcome

Keyes was not married, he lived with a lady and he had his daughter in this home.....he moved to Alaska in 2007 so technically speaking this was not his home...I personally feel Keyes always felt that Wash. State was his home and I believe that is where the 1st victim will be found....but also he told about going to one park in Alaska and scouting out 2 younger people parked in that park in a car, then a policeman drove up to them to tell them the park was closed, he confessed he started to take out all 3, but then another back-up officer came up also and he thought to himself "This could have got very ugly" he got on his bike and rode away that night, but also confessed he had a cache in another park area several miles from this park...so he was planning on more killings in Alaska............

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back