Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know anything he says can be used against him, I understand that, but how can saying, I did not do this, you have the wrong guy, be used against him.
Yet, he says nothing.

I think saying that you are 'not guilty' is saying that he didnt do it and that they have the wrong guy....how else would you interpret that ?

There was an earlier tweet with the pretrial date and said that the charge was 2nd degree murder. It seems to have been revised.

I don't see what you're talking about.

Never mind I was able to locate the tweet.

@katecarnegie: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich back in court today. both accused of killing Tim Bosma & are facing second degree murder charges. @CHCHNews Now

I think saying that you are 'not guilty' is saying that he didnt do it and that they have the wrong guy....how else would you interpret that ?

LOLZ, doesn't "not guilty" mean all kinds of ambiguous things these days, like "I'm not guilty because the voices in my head made me do it" and "I'm not guilty because Mark Smich made me do it" or "I'm not guilty because my lawyer is trying to find a loophole"?

I think saying "not guilty" is not even close to the necessarily being the same thing as being "the wrong guy", so that's quite open to interpretation.

He would have been assigned that by the COURT even if he refused to plea.
Means nothing other than he intends to contest it in some way(plea bargain or take his lumps in Court).

Majority of criminals do plead not guilty even when they are guilty. The accused would rather chance a jury of finding them not guilty then pleading guilty and having to spending the rest of their pathetic lives caged up. Does that make sense? Great example, M Rafferty pled not guilty as well knowing right well he was guilty of abducting, raping, torturing and murdering TS. To me it's just common sense anyone guilty would plead not guilty.

Maybe DM should have told LE who the right guy was from day one and he would be a free bird right now don't you think? For intelligent as DM has been said to be, I'm certain he knew LE wouldn't have twisted anything he said and used it against him. So you believe he is remaining silent on DP's advice? I know defense lawyers mainly take on these cases just for the money and recognition. DM knows he's topping up DP's account for remaining silent on DP's advice. Or he is guilty and now hoping DP can work some magic for him. Remember the "met through a mutual friend/client" spiel? DM knows how it works. When guilty, better to remain silent and have your day in court and keep your fingers crossed. HTH and MOO.

LOLZ, doesn't "not guilty" mean all kinds of ambiguous things these days, like "I'm not guilty because the voices in my head made me do it" and "I'm not guilty because Mark Smich made me do it" or "I'm not guilty because my lawyer is trying to find a loophole"?

I think saying "not guilty" is not even close to the necessarily being the same thing as being "the wrong guy", so that's quite open to interpretation.

Nail meet hammer.......

You forgot not guilty also means "my lawyer told me to plead this way 'cause I have lots of money and real estate holdings."

Well I suppose if we are to assume the continuous play on words by LE...then I suppose 'Not Guilty' can be twisted to mean 'guilty' as you say....

Shame really..... the least you should be able to expect is that people interpret what you say to be exactly what you mean and not what they want it to mean......

:sothere:

In the beginning, I always had a thought that maybe, just maybe DM was innocent and being used as some sort of a pawn or whatever.
Reading the story from the link above, I now believe he is guilty. ( don't think I would be picked at this point for jury duty )
I truly believe that if I were charged with first degree murder, of actually taking someone's life, and I didn't do it, any chance that I had to sit with a reporter, I would scream and yell my innocence, regardless of what my lawyer said. I think any reasonable innocent person that is charged with such a horrendous crime would scream innocence as loudly as they could.
I think the fact that he said nothing, speaks volumes on his guilt. Just my opinion. I know I may come across as wet behind the ears, I know I don't fully understand our legal system, however, here is his chance to say, I did not do this, yet he stayed silent.
Surely, he must know the search is on for LB and he has been implicated. Here again, was his opportunity to say I have nothing to do with her being missing. I do not know where my friend is. Yet, he says nothing.
Just my own opinion
Just my own opinion.
I know anything he says can be used against him, I understand that, but how can saying, I did not do this, you have the wrong guy, be used against him.
Yet, he says nothing.

Eldee, I posted a link in general discussions thread, to a podcast interview of Molly. The interviewer of course asking her what it was like and her impressions. She indicated that while they both immediately expressed they can't talk, DM looked more torn about it. MS did say he would talk when the time is right, but DM seemed to want to tell his story.

Does that make you feel any different?

Well I suppose if we are to assume the continuous play on words by LE...then I suppose 'Not Guilty' can be twisted to mean 'guilty' as you say....

Shame really..... the least you should be able to expect is that people interpret what you say to be exactly what you mean and not what they want it to mean......

:sothere:

Where is LE continuously playing with words and twisting not guilty in to guilty?
It is the view of the "State" that DM is "guilty" of what he is charged with and they will attempt to prove that within the parameters of the Charter and the Canadian Judicial System.

Majority of criminals do plead not guilty even when they are guilty. The accused would rather chance a jury of finding them not guilty then pleading guilty and having to spending the rest of their pathetic lives caged up. Does that make sense? Great example, M Rafferty pled not guilty as well knowing right well he was guilty of abducting, raping, torturing and murdering TS. To me it's just common sense anyone guilty would plead not guilty.

Maybe DM should have told LE who the right guy was from day one and he would be a free bird right now don't you think? For intelligent as DM has been said to be, I'm certain he knew LE wouldn't have twisted anything he said and used it against him. So you believe he is remaining silent on DP's advice? I know defense lawyers mainly take on these cases just for the money and recognition. DM knows he's topping up DP's account for remaining silent on DP's advice. Or he is guilty and now hoping DP can work some magic for him. Remember the "met through a mutual friend/client" spiel? DM knows how it works. When guilty, better to remain silent and have your day in court and keep your fingers crossed. HTH and MOO.

:stretch:
We shall see.......

In the beginning, I always had a thought that maybe, just maybe DM was innocent and being used as some sort of a pawn or whatever.
Reading the story from the link above, I now believe he is guilty. ( don't think I would be picked at this point for jury duty )
I truly believe that if I were charged with first degree murder, of actually taking someone's life, and I didn't do it, any chance that I had to sit with a reporter, I would scream and yell my innocence, regardless of what my lawyer said. I think any reasonable innocent person that is charged with such a horrendous crime would scream innocence as loudly as they could.
I think the fact that he said nothing, speaks volumes on his guilt. Just my opinion. I know I may come across as wet behind the ears, I know I don't fully understand our legal system, however, here is his chance to say, I did not do this, yet he stayed silent.
Surely, he must know the search is on for LB and he has been implicated. Here again, was his opportunity to say I have nothing to do with her being missing. I do not know where my friend is. Yet, he says nothing.
Just my own opinion
Just my own opinion.
Yet, he says nothing.

Correct Eldee. What some fail to see is this happens all the time where a suspect is taken in and questioned/interrogated. Detectives are not stupid people by no means. They are highly trained in this field of work. If they ask the questions and the suspect answers truthfully, they know when someone is being honest and when they are lying. If they have nothing to hold the suspect on, the suspect is set free. They may be brought back in later on if new evidence comes to light and re-questioned. It is very common practice and if you have nothing to hide, you're going to hide nothing. Speak up and tell the interrogator what you know. If you know nothing, you tell them that... I have no clue, I think I am being framed or I have enemies or I did rip a dealer off owing him money, therefore he might have something against me and is trying to pin this murder on me or I have an alibi. IMHO it's BS to remain silent if you're innocent.

I like to give examples, especially ones referring to TS's case. :sigh: LE believed in the beginning TM (TS's mom) might have been involved in TS disappearance. She was interrogated along with her bf, who might I add had past and ongoing dealing with the legal system, both given a lie detector tests which came back inconclusive. They didn't throw either one of them in jail. So for people to assume LE are crooked and like to throw people in jail just for the heck of it are delusional or just making up excuses for the suspects in MHO.

Eldee, I posted a link in general discussions thread, to a podcast interview of Molly. The interviewer of course asking her what it was like and her impressions. She indicated that while they both immediately expressed they can't talk, DM looked more torn about it. MS did say he would talk when the time is right, but DM seemed to want to tell his story.

Does that make you feel any different?

I did listen to it thank you for posting it. However, I still maintain it was a chance for them both to say, "I didn't do this. I can't elaborate but I did not do this."... Guilty,.bam... don't let the jail door hit you on the way in.

I'm always surprised in cases like these when I find myself experiencing a sense of empathy for the accused. Not to be confused with the overwhelming grief, sorrow, sympathy and empathy for the victims-but always that feeling that if only things had been different somehow, somewhere for the accused, there would never have been a victim. JMHO.

"The accused killer, who celebrated his birthday in jail on Aug. 30, said that "getting a visit is so rare" and called this visit from a reporter "precious."

Still, he insisted he could not talk. He has been incarcerated since his arrest May 10.
"
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4075078-exclusive-jail-visits-with-bosma-s-accused-killers/

IMO, it would be very difficult to visit a close friend or loved one in jail, but IMO, I hope I would consider it common decency, after all, they are considered innocent until proven otherwise. I would have expected DM's relatives, Mother included and friends who are not on the "no contact" list to take a couple hours out of a day here and there to visit DM. Guess people have other places to go and people to see. Out of sight, out of mind? Too busy counting the money on the outside? I'm sure DM is wondering exactly how wealthy he really was-certainly not in the quality of relationships he developed because right now, it appears he has more supporters here on WS than in his physical life. JMHO

I guess too it would depend on what friends and family know. As a mother of grown children, I'm not so sure I would go visit my adult child in jail/prison if they were proven guilty of such a horrific crime DM and MS are accused of. I would make that initial visit to give them my :twocents: and :slap:. My mother would have said, which I would also say, "you made your bed therefore you must lie in it." As far as true friends go, I'm not so sure DM had (m)any of those. Probably just friends who got used to DM's money, free gifts, meals and trips. IMO.

Hmmm according to both BO and SB, two important witnesses from the beginning of this case, DM was wearing an orange shirt the days they say him. One described it as long sleeved, the other short sleeved. Glad to know DM likes orange clothing because that's what he's forced to wear now. Maybe he was trying to adjust to the colour before his arrest. :giggle:

Maybe rolling up his sleeves is a habitual thing and probably is what got his tattoos noticed by BO making that all important tip. MOO

Millard stood tall behind the glass during the brief visit; his orange coveralls zipped up all the way, with the sleeves rolled halfway up his arms.[/I]

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4075078-exclusive-jail-visits-with-bosma-s-accused-killers/

Hmmm according to both BO and SB, two important witnesses from the beginning of this case, DM was wearing an orange shirt the days they say him. One described it as long sleeved, the other short sleeved. Glad to know DM likes orange clothing because that's what he's forced to wear now. Maybe he was trying to adjust to the colour before his arrest. :giggle:

Maybe rolling up his sleeves is a habitual thing and probably is what got his tattoos noticed by BO making that all important tip. MOO

Millard stood tall behind the glass during the brief visit; his orange coveralls zipped up all the way, with the sleeves rolled halfway up his arms.

I caught that too, swedie. Just forgot to bring it up. So much going on this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engeluc