GUILTY NY - Driver pulled from SUV, viciously beaten by bikers, Manhattan, 29 Sept 2013

I have motorcyles in my blood. Dad and mom have ridden since before I was born, brother killed in a hit and run motorcycle accident, DH rides, some belong to clubs. But this - this is just wrong and gives folks who do ride responsibly a bad name.

ETA: IMO of course.

Just as a reminder.... On 9/11 - There was the "2 million bikers to DC" ride. It didn't make the MSM as much as this story has. WHY? Because those 750,000 or 800,000 bikers were true bikers who respected the road, and respected other drivers. Were there a few accidents? Yes. But they were accidents. Accidents happen. They didn't purposefully corner anyone or disobey the law!!! Did ya catch that? 750,000 to 800,000! No they did not hit the 2 million mark, but they did their ride in a respectful peaceful manner. Nothing to see here folks!

I have given my opinion of these fools over and over in this thread.

If it is proven the SUV driver did nothing wrong this incident will hurt bikers riding in a group everywhere because drivers will be fearful of them. jmo

Lambykins, I truly hope you are wrong! These were clearly people out to cause trouble! The guy stopping in front of the SUV tells me that! Along with the 200 or so complaints!

The "2 million bikers to DC" tells me people are not afraid and have no reason to be afraid of law abiding citizens who enjoy riding their bikes. This incident is an exception - Not the rule. It was 20 or 30, for example, against 750,000 - 800,000 who did the right things.

I won't change my opinion. These clowns were in the wrong. PERIOD!

As I posted a page or so back, these people are in the 1%.

Ok. I'm done now! :)

ETA: Here is info about the 2 million bikers to DC ride:

"Two Million Bikers" Rally Roars Into D.C. Area for 9/11

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Two-Million-Bikers-Roar-Into-DC-for-911-223271211.html

ETA #2 YES we had a thread here about it, that was rarely even looked at:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Just as a reminder.... On 9/11 - There was the "2 million bikers to DC" ride. It didn't make the MSM as much as this story has. WHY? Because those 750,000 or 800,000 bikers were true bikers who respected the road, and respected other drivers. Were there a few accidents? Yes. But they were accidents. Accidents happen. They didn't purposefully corner anyone or disobey the law!!! Did ya catch that? 750,000 to 800,000! No they did not hit the 2 million mark, but they did their ride in a respectful peaceful manner. Nothing to see here folks!

I have given my opinion of these fools over and over in this thread.

Lambykins, I truly hope you are wrong! These were clearly people out to cause trouble! The guy stopping in front of the SUV tells me that!

The "2 million bikers to DC" tells me people are not afraid and have no reason to be afraid of law abiding citizens who enjoy riding their bikes. This incident is an exception - Not the rule. It was 20 or 30, for example, against 750,000 - 800,000 who did the right things.

I won't change my opinion. These clowns were in the wrong. PERIOD!

As I posted a page or so back, these people are in the 1%.

Ok. I'm done now! :)

ETA: Here is info about the 2 million bikers to DC ride:

"Two Million Bikers" Rally Roars Into D.C. Area for 9/11

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Two-Million-Bikers-Roar-Into-DC-for-911-223271211.html

ETA #2 YES we had a thread here about it, that was rarely even looked at:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Oh, I agree with you. I'm running to Virginia Beach tomorrow and I can guarantee there will be bikers on the road and I certainly am not fearful of them. I have only seen those being respectful. And drivers as well when a group drive by they move their cars to the right hand lane to let the bikers pass. When they stop as a group they pull off the road and most cars slow down to give them plenty of room. In October we usually see a large group on a weekend headed north, hundreds of bikes on Rt17. All of them observing the speed limit and driving responsibly.

It just seems out of character for this group of bikers to have been doing what we can clearly see them doing if they were a responsible group of riders. I feel bad for the man who was run over but it did not have to happen. jmo

The videos speak for themselves and tell the story. Including the ones I posted up thread of them riding head on into traffic, running up on sidewalks and weaving around pedestrians, running red lights and stop signs. They ride in a pack and terrorize other motorists and pedestrians.

I have been putting on my leather and riding (on the back) with friends for years. I have never been in a group large or small and witnessed anyone riding like they do.

They were told they were not welcome in the city. All you have to do is watch the videos of them riding prior to this event to see why. They disobey all traffic laws. They think because they are in a large pack they can get away with it, or at least the majority can get away by outrunning LE.

They singled this guy out, stopped and surrounded his vehicle in which his wife and baby were in. They had NO reason other than malicious, to do this. The man made the only choice he had to protect himself and his family.

"If" they had a problem with the driver, you pull over and call LE on your cell phone and let them handle it. I don't believe the driver did anything though. I think this was a mob gone mad, most likely led by a few choice individuals. Now that because of their actions, a man is paralyzed for life, I hope they change their ways. Something makes me think they won't though. I doubt this is the first time someone has been hurt due to their recklessness.

Biker gang! omg I hate the media, I saw the video and in my head I probably would have done the same , that SUV driver could have easily killed someone! the guy on the bike was the victim! he reacted out of anger! I have thrown my headgear more than once ! Drivers will look right in your eye, then run you over , my husband has been hit left laying in the street twice, both times it was professional women, so .......biker gang HA!

You have no idea what you are talking about. The Bikers were terrorizing people that day, they had posted videos that day but removed them, showing them doing wheelies, running red lights, harassing other drivers. In fact the police had more than 200, yes more than 200 911 calls because these bikers were terrorizing people on the roads.

FYI the person who was run over and likely other bikers had no drivers license. These are people ho have had multiple arrest in the past, and have basically lifetime criminals.

Oh, I agree with you. I'm running to Virginia Beach tomorrow and I can guarantee there will be bikers on the road and I certainly am not fearful of them. I have only seen those being respectful. And drivers as well when a group drive by they move their cars to the right hand lane to let the bikers pass. When they stop as a group they pull off the road and most cars slow down to give them plenty of room. In October we usually see a large group on a weekend headed north, hundreds of bikes on Rt17. All of them observing the speed limit and driving responsibly.

It just seems out of character for this group of bikers to have been doing what we can clearly see them doing if they were a responsible group of riders. I feel bad for the man who was run over but it did not have to happen. jmo

Of course there will be. Glad you will not be fearful of them. There is no reason to be. Enjoy your trip! :)

It doesn't seem out of character for me. Crotch rocket riders are different to me. This is what they do. The bad ones give crotch rocket riders a bad name. Heck, when I took my safety class, I trained on a crotch rocket. They are small, compact, and easy to ride. I cringe everytme I see some guy weaving through traffic with a little hottie on the back with shorts and flip-flops on. They have a death wish. :twocents:

As I said before, I feel ZERO sympathy for the guy who is now paralyzed. People need to take responsibility for their actions. He was a part of it. He had a choice. He chose to be a part of this "mob". That is what happens. :twocents:

From what I heard in the news the rally was unauthorized by the city. Personally I think the suv was trying to pass the bikes first, that might be why they slowed down in front of him. There may have been something that was not seen on camera. I really don't think the suv driver was in fear at first because he never locked his car door. He ran over a person who was trying to help the first driver he hit. I think the suv driver should have hung back away from the bikes from the start.

Yes the bikers were wrong to slow the suv, but we really don't know what happened before that.

Since when is somebody allowed to do tricks on public roads? Public roads are not for tricks, they are for driving following all the rules.

I have motorcyles in my blood. Dad and mom have ridden since before I was born, brother killed in a hit and run motorcycle accident, DH rides, some belong to clubs. But this - this is just wrong and gives folks who do ride responsibly a bad name.

ETA: IMO of course.

Oh PistonsGirl I'm so so sorry for your loss.. It must be really hard for you to read and talk about something like this. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Since when is somebody allowed to do tricks on public roads? Public roads are not for tricks, they are for driving following all the rules.

They aren't that is why the police received more than 200 911 calls that day.

FYI these Bikers were also banging on the window of 2 year old daughter, basically terrorizing her. That is why the SUV tried to flee, because they were threatening his 2 year old daughter.

I don't get how the biker can have more than a dozen convictions for driving without a license, and still be on the road. It is like each time is just a slap on the wrist. This biker should have never been on the road.

I would think the driver of the SUV would have done better to stop his vehicle and not take the bait! Fear is not an excuse for hit and run!

I would think the driver of the SUV would have done better to stop his vehicle and not take the bait! Fear is not an excuse for hit and run!

Fear IS an acceptable excuse for hit and run IF you believe your life (or your family's) is in danger. Those bikers chose to instil fear - they reap the consequences. Not a great outcome for anyone involved in this incident, but that's the reality. And I'm sure a court of law would also excuse most actions if there is proof (which there is here) that your life was potentially in danger.

They were beating/breaking windows on the SUV and slashed the tires. If folks are beating on your car and slashing your tires, you try to get away, I think.

I'm so glad that the only people hit by the car were part of the group that caused the problem. At least no innocent bystander got hurt by the driver doing what he had to do.

I can't believe they slashed the SUV driver's face with a knife :( Well, I can believe it because they are clearly just thugs.

Where I live, those guys would have gotten shot when they attacked (odds about 50-50/40-60 I'd guess). I don't know where these guys got off thinking they could attack folks and have that go OK for them. And it didn't.

So are we to believe our own lying eyes or this witness biker? We can see what happened, it's on video. And I'm not finding him believable when he quickly denies having any idea who the bikers are in the photos, either.

He didn't shed much light on this whole thing from my perspective, but I will say I hope he isn't a doctor or a lawyer. Defense attorney, maybe, since he made no sense to me nor shed any light on the subject. He didn't know the shadowy figures LE is looking for, and I wonder if he was even there. He was fairly well spoken - problem is, he had nothing much to say other than the people in the SUV didn't look concerned.

Now, this lack of "concern" on the part of the SUV passengers/driver leads me to wonder how CLOSE this guy was to them, and WHY he was that close.

Stay tuned, I'll bet a lot more "witnesses" will crawl out of the woodwork.

My opinion only

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vymocycy
Back