BREAKING Capitol police: US Capitol in lockdown, reports of gunshots, injured officer

Weiss said that he fired her in August 2012 after patients complained that she was too rough.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ought-obama-was-stalking-her-sources-say?lite

Idella Carey said her daughter had "no history of violence" and she did not know why she was in Washington, D.C. She said she believed Carey was taking the little girl to a doctor's appointment today in Connecticut.

Dr. Steven Oken, her boss of eight years, described Carey as a "non-political person" who was "always happy."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/miriam-car...ered-post-partum-depression/story?id=20465157

bbm, I wonder how that appointment went?

It's legal if you work in an essential job for the federal government. With states or local government YMMV.

I have a friend who works for a federal prison, they are required to show up for work, even if they're not getting paid.

One area of concern - so much government work has been subcontracted to the beltway bandits - government contractors. AFAIK, they are not required to show up. In fact, media reports indicate many of the subcontractors have been terminated from their jobs as a result of the budget standoff.

DH, retired Fed Employee works for a contractor. If the contractor is involved in an essential project he/she works. If not, all people working for the contract are laid off.

Paid or unpaid, I am glad that there were people here to deal with the situation.

Weiss said that he fired her in August 2012 after patients complained that she was too rough.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ought-obama-was-stalking-her-sources-say?lite

Idella Carey said her daughter had "no history of violence" and she did not know why she was in Washington, D.C. She said she believed Carey was taking the little girl to a doctor's appointment today in Connecticut.

Dr. Steven Oken, her boss of eight years, described Carey as a "non-political person" who was "always happy."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/miriam-car...ered-post-partum-depression/story?id=20465157

bbm, I wonder how that appointment went?

She obviously wasn't in Connecticut, even though her mother and sister believed she was.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...apitol-Hill-trying-ram-gates-White-House.html

I have not seen a picture of her car that shows damage from plowing though a barrier, idk maybe they were rubber.

You can see damage on driver's side before the open door.

article-0-1880DCC200000578-816_634x424.jpg

MSNBC reporting her post-partum depression had become so severe she thought Obama was stalking her.

If so, it explains why she was trying to get into the WH.

She didn't even hit the barricade. Find the complete video, not the abbreviated one that's being shown. She did however back into, and hit a police car when she took off from there.

The barrier she hit was at the WH. It was a barrier rolled in front of her car when she kept trying to enter a restricted area. At this time, she also struck a secret service agent who was thrown onto the hood of her car and fell off as she turned her car around. AFAIK, video of this incident hasn't been released to the public yet.

The video at the link is of her encounter with LE in front of the Capitol, after she had left the WH and drove down Pennsylvania Ave. It's about a mile away from the WH.

MSNBC reporting her post-partum depression had become so severe she thought Obama was stalking her.

If so, it explains why she was trying to get into the WH.

I would think if you think someone is stalking, you don't go to them. Something just seems off here.

This is just sad. What if the lady was just visiting D.C. and was lost, then freaked when the police started yelling. If you have ever been to D.C. you will know how impossible it is for a visitor to get around, everywhere circles, and circles, and lights, very confusing.

How did police not see the baby when they approached the car though?

I realize the police could not know what her intentions were, if she had a bomb, or chemicals, etc...And, given that there was a shot fired there last week, current political climate, they are on super paranoid keep the Whitehouse safe. They did their job.

Just sad and not sure the outcome could have been any different with her driving into them, even if it was simply panic. :(

How would the police know it was a woman panicking versus a terrorist that had a bomb in the car and was trying to make it to a restricted zone, which they say she attempted two different restricted zones from what was said on CNN. Police don't have the psychic abilities to know. If you freak out and turn your car into a weapon and have no regard for hitting human beings then what happens to you after is only your own fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

How would the police know it was a woman panicking versus a terrorist that had a bomb in the car and was trying to make it to a restricted zone, which they say she attempted two different restricted zones from what was said on CNN. Police don't have the psychic abilities to know. If you freak out and turn your car into a weapon and have no regard for hitting human beings then what happens to you after is only your own fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

They could not know.

That is what I was trying to convey.

The police did their jobs.

Sadly, they did have to shoot her. An obvious thing, I think.

Fund mental health programs. Help our people.

Now I wonder if there were any police/fire reports from when she supposedly fell back then?

I would wonder if she had any type of frontal lobe injury in the fall.

Mom in D.C. Chase Was Diagnosed With Psychosis

Miriam Carey, 34, had been diagnosed with psychosis and wasn't always fully aware of where she was, according to family members

"We are seeing serious degradation in her mental health, certainly within the last 10 months, since December, ups and downs," said a federal official, who had been briefed about the investigation but was not authorized to discuss it publicly and spoke to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity. "Our working theory is her mental health was a significant driver in her unexpected presence in D.C. yesterday."

The woman had made delusional "expressions about the president in the past" and believed President Barack Obama was communicating to her, the official said.

"Those communications were, of course, in her head," the official said, adding that concerns about her mental health were reported in the last year to Stamford police.

more

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...President-Was-Stalking-Her-NBC-226458811.html

I just can't seem to understand why a woman with mental problems,would drive that far apparently confused just to come up to the White House.If she wanted suicide by cops she could have done something crazy in CT.I just think that's a long way to
drive for a women that is delusional by herself with a child in the car.If she had weapons in the car I could understand.What was she hoping to accomplish? I feel there is more,and we will never know,since she is gone.

Any updates or reports why a mother would try to ram the gates with a child in her car?
Something seems really odd about this whole story.
Why didn't they just shoot out her tires- why shoot her? They could have hit the child.

Shooting out tires does not stop a car. It may slow it but it's dangerous to go shooting all over the place. When they shoot, they shoot to kill. Until then, they don't shoot at all. When it comes to the point that they need to pull a gun, it's no longer about trying to preserve the life of the subject.

I would think if you think someone is stalking, you don't go to them. Something just seems off here.

Yeah, it's called mental illness. That's what's off.

I just can't seem to understand why a woman with mental problems,would drive that far apparently confused just to come up to the White House.If she wanted suicide by cops she could have done something crazy in CT.I just think that's a long way to
drive for a women that is delusional by herself with a child in the car.If she had weapons in the car I could understand.What was she hoping to accomplish? I feel there is more,and we will never know,since she is gone.

People who are mentally ill do not act in ways that are logical. Because they are mentally ill. But they are capable of inmmense planning and that would include driving.

There's no conspiracy here. She was crazy, endangered lives and the police eventually has to take all measures to stop her, in order to save other lives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back