Ariel Castro: Convicted Cleveland kidnapper/rapist found dead in cell

There are details we do not need to know; IMO this is one of them....
What bothers me the most is that his innocent mother has to read about this plastered all over the news.

The fact that it is tramatic for his mother does disturb me. But you have to keep in mind that she isn't the first mother to be disturbed/grieving/disappointed/embarrassed by her child. You also have to remember that it isn't the media, it isn't the girls and it isn't the justice system. It isn't even the fault of the corrections department. Castro was an adult man. He took his own actions by himself. He caused his mother's pain along with the pain he caused others.

Personally I think it is a fitting end to a horrible life. Accidental, not of his own choice after all. Hopefully he didn't even get a chance to complete the act before he died.

When I first heard the blurbs about this, I really thought that I would read it was murder. Not that I was expecting it, but more that it wouldn't have surprised me. But now knowing that it may have been auto E, that does make it even better.

... Is it bad I burst out laughing?

Not to me. My first thought was, Dang, talk about getting caught with your pants down.:blushing:

I say Who the heck cares! At the end of the day it saves the tax payers a heap.

Not to me. My first thought was, Dang, talk about getting caught with your pants down.:blushing:

I say Who the heck cares! At the end of the day it saves the tax payers a heap.

I care. The victims I'm sure care. This man caused unmeasureable suffering, his crimes were beyond comprehension and now he dies before having any real punnishment at all. He got away with his crimes with no real consequences.
He should have sat in a cell, day by day and night by night. He should have felt the frustration of his unsatisfied sexual perversions eating away at him every day. He should have come to know isolation, loneliness, frustration, boredom. His victms did. He now never has to, he has escaped from this unpunnished. This makes my blood boil.

My first thought! "Ding Dong the witch is Dead":floorlaugh: JMO

Now the victims can move on with their own lives and not worry about Castro's appeals.

I agree that he should have had to endure the rest of his life in jail. I'm also worried that he took a lot of information about other victims to his grave too. On the bright side those girls are now completely free of any fears he might be able to come after them.

It's just my personal opinion but I am glad he is no longer on this earth. I'm sure he is enduring an eternal hell. I also hate the thought of sexual predators reliving their "memories" over and over :devil:

I agree that he should have had to endure the rest of his life in jail. I'm also worried that he took a lot of information about other victims to his grave too. On the bright side those girls are now completely free of any fears he might be able to come after them.

Exactly... I said it before and I still think it, I bet anything he was scheming how to further torture them while he was in jail through attempts to contact them, see Amanda's daughter, etc. Now they KNOW he can't do that. While I agree he should've had to suffer his entire sentence, I'm relieved for the victims (at least those we know of) that they don't have to fear him contacting them ever again. I do wonder if there are other victims that we don't know about. If so I hope they can be found through other means. I'm not convinced he would've given up their information anyway.

Just jumping off, I do have to wonder, if it wasn't a suicide and was just meant to be a temporary suffocation - how did he expect to get un-hanged? Did he assume the guards would be by to check on him and rescue him? I guess it doesn't matter, and I haven't ever seen him accused of being terribly intelligent, but I keep thinking about that. It's not the same as serving the rest of his life in prison, but there's something to be said for him accidentally killing himself while attempting one of his sick fantasies if that's what happened.

The fact that it is tramatic for his mother does disturb me. But you have to keep in mind that she isn't the first mother to be disturbed/grieving/disappointed/embarrassed by her child. You also have to remember that it isn't the media, it isn't the girls and it isn't the justice system. It isn't even the fault of the corrections department. Castro was an adult man. He took his own actions by himself. He caused his mother's pain along with the pain he caused others.

Personally I think it is a fitting end to a horrible life. Accidental, not of his own choice after all. Hopefully he didn't even get a chance to complete the act before he died.

When I first heard the blurbs about this, I really thought that I would read it was murder. Not that I was expecting it, but more that it wouldn't have surprised me. But now knowing that it may have been auto E, that does make it even better.

I am sure in given time his mother and other family members will come to terms with the fact she/they had a , deviant, mentally deranged son/family member. What is upsetting is if any of these family members knew how abusive he was and no one suggested he seek mental help for his issues.

Most upsetting is the fact these poor women will never forget what this monster did to them. They will have flashbacks, nightmares and memories to last them the rest of their lives. Not to mention the fears they face everyday while trying to adjust to life on the outside.

I wish he could have just hung in there a bit longer to have been at the receiving end of the sicken treatment he forced upon his victims kwim. JMHO.

There are details we do not need to know; IMO this is one of them....
What bothers me the most is that his innocent mother has to read about this plastered all over the news.

I started following this case and don't know all the finer details but, where was his mother over the past 10 or so years of his life that she didn't see her son had "issues"? Obviously she never went over to his house because she was concerned for him and checking up on him and questioning him as to why there were locks on doors which were unnecessary when he lived alone. They say the "signs" are there if anyone cares enough to delve into them. Apparently no one cared enough about what he was doing given the more obvious signs this dude was not normal and was known to be abusive. JMO.

Some excerpts from Castro's prison journal:

“I will not take this kind of treatment much longer if this place treats me this way, I can only imagine what things would be like at my parent institution.... I feel as though I’m being pushed over the edge, one day at a time.”

“As for me, I will never see light at the end of the tunnel, but that’s all right, it’s what I chose.... I’ve lots of time on my hands now to think and read, write, exercise. I want to make a bigger effort to try to commit to god.... I wonder how warm the cell will be in winter, for I’m very sensitive to cold draft. It literally drives me to get under the covers.... I also get depressed
and don’t want to do anything but just lay here, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see when I get to that bridge....Most of the guards here are okay, but the younger ones don’t take the job seriously or they are rude to me for no apparent reason....Sometimes I drift into a negative thought, I check myself and try harder not to go there.”

Some excerpts from Castro's prison journal:

“I will not take this kind of treatment much longer if this place treats me this way, I can only imagine what things would be like at my parent institution.... I feel as though I’m being pushed over the edge, one day at a time.”

“As for me, I will never see light at the end of the tunnel, but that’s all right, it’s what I chose.... I’ve lots of time on my hands now to think and read, write, exercise. I want to make a bigger effort to try to commit to god.... I wonder how warm the cell will be in winter, for I’m very sensitive to cold draft. It literally drives me to get under the covers.... I also get depressed
and don’t want to do anything but just lay here, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see when I get to that bridge....Most of the guards here are okay, but the younger ones don’t take the job seriously or they are rude to me for no apparent reason....Sometimes I drift into a negative thought, I check myself and try harder not to go there.”

:boohoo:

Someone should have called him a waaahmbulance

I know you're joking around, but I'm going to use your post as a segue to say that it is absolutely RIDICULOUS that it took 34 min for the ambulance to arrive on scene. I know that an AED was placed prior to EMS arrival, but I'm not sure whether Castro was shocked. If not, an earier arrival time would likely not have made a difference. If so, there is a chance he could have survived if he was shocked within a few minutes of going into a shockable rhythm and effective continuous chest compressions were administered. Anyone know? I would like to see the autopsy report, but I don't think it is available to the public.

I know most people are happy Castro is dead.... but I'm not. I do not wish death on anyone. I wanted him to spend life in prison until he died of natural causes. That would have been the best form of legal justice.

I know you're joking around, but I'm going to use your post as a segue to say that it is absolutely RIDICULOUS that it took 34 min for the ambulance to arrive on scene. I know that an AED was placed prior to EMS arrival, but I'm not sure whether Castro was shocked. If not, an earier arrival time would likely not have made a difference. If so, there is a chance he could have survived if he was shocked within a few minutes of going into a shockable rhythm and effective continuous chest compressions were administered. Anyone know? I would like to see the autopsy report, but I don't think it is available to the public.

I know most people are happy Castro is dead.... but I'm not. I do not wish death on anyone. I wanted him to spend life in prison until he died of natural causes. That would have been the best form of legal justice.

I probably shouldn't be admitting this but what the heck... a good friend of my husband's was in prison for a fairly lengthy sentence (drug related, not violent but a repeat offender) and he said he got really upset sometimes because the response times seemed directly related to the crimes a person was accused of. He has described watching nurses outside of jail doors frantically trying to get to injured prisoners while the keys mysteriously couldn't be found by the guards.

I'm on the fence with Castro dying. I wish he'd suffered through his full sentence but I also don't trust the justice system enough to believe he'd have served his full sentence. I wish I did, but I just don't. All MOO. At least now he can't hurt the girls/women EVER again. He didn't serve his sentence like he should've, IMO. But he can't hurt his former captives anymore, ever.

Incidentally ETA: based on personal accounts from friend, they treated the drug offenses like a joke. Violent or sexual offenders were treated very harshly, and often kept from immediate medical treatment. I wouldn't doubt this happened with AC.

I'm positive that he'd have never seen the light of day again. JMO

I'm positive that he'd have never seen the light of day again. JMO

I wish I shared your faith there. It pisses me off to no end that I hear "10 years" and think "a few weeks." I know I'm exaggerating, but it's ridiculous IMO. I'm shocked how fast they get out compared to their sentence. 10 years, just for example, means nothing, and that upsets me a lot. It's sad they have to sentence someone to life without parole plus many years for it to even actually MEAN life without parole. LWOP should MEAN LWOP. Once again the reason I'm glad AC offed himself...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back