Kate McCann's Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK they made a mistake but so did 1000s of other British parents who also left their children sleeping in their rooms using 'listening service'

What exactly is "listening service"?

You don't need to hate her, she is no longer an attractive woman in a good profession, she lost a lot and it can be visible on her face.
Lots of hateful people on these forums have a little role in it ;)
Please go and hate someone else, some other attractive and successful women on the net.
What this woman needs is finding her lost child ;)

lol on Kate's best day she couldn't hold a candle to me;)

It's about the same thing it always is for me... Justice for the true victim. It never has anything to do with money, looks, gender, profession, social standing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

You don't need to hate her, she is no longer an attractive woman in a good profession, she lost a lot and it can be visible on her face.
Lots of hateful people on these forums have a little role in it ;)
Please go and hate someone else, some other attractive and successful women on the net.
What this woman needs is finding her lost child ;)

I never said HATE. Don't put words in my mouth, thank you very much. And no longer being in her profession is her own choice, she chooses to do publicity tours around the world. I don't see her trying to find her daughter in any productive way. It's been 6 years, I'm sure she could go back to work if she wanted to, but then of course why would she when they can make so much more money off of her book/tours?? I don't think she is actually looking for her daughter.

Please do not call me a hateful person. Like I said, I never used that word, you did and multiple times. "some other attractive and successful woman on the net"...by that you're implying that I'm jealous of her appearance and or/profession? I suppose being with a woman who cannot show an ounce of emotion would be a turn-on for some men. I could say other things there, but I won't. So you don't call me "hateful." :floorlaugh:

Thanks for posting the diary but I find it a meaningless piece of prose, written in retrospect for public consumption.
A very different animal than a diary written at the time, never to be shared with the world.
The diary is as cold as Kate McCann.

What exactly is "listening service"?

Back in the day on holidays in british holiday camps like Butlins
or Pontins - the parents would all go to the restaurant / main bar and the staff would do regular tours around the chalets listening for any noise or crying from sleeping kids - parents would be called through the intercom if there was a problem

Hotels also used to have a system where you would leave your phone off the hook in the room and the operator would listen in and report any crying to parents in the bar / restaurant - back in the old style exchanges

That's where the term came from - many moons ago I think I did something similar one holiday - different era

I've only recently started reading these threads on Madeline so apologises if this has been brought up before but I thought I'd add this to the discussion about the diary.

Now I'm the first to admit I haven't read them before, I have followed the case, being from the uk it's hard to ignore really but not in a really in depth way, at the start I was living in Canada and just thought it was unbelievable that two professional people would leave 3 children alone in an apartment, (actually I think if they had been anyone else and not doctors there would've been a lot of further action taken against them) but I digress

Reading the diary was interesting but this quote really shocked me

"I’m so sorry if I/we let you down. I hope you know how fond of you we are and that we would NEVER do anything intentionally that would put you in danger—of any kind. "

Now I don't have children, closet I have is a nephew and godchildren however if anyone of those were missing presumed kidnapped fond would not be what I was writing I love the 3 kids in my life with all my heart and would happily lay down my life to protect them, fond doesn't come into it it's a love which before they were born I didn't know existed (god help me if I ever have kids if that's what it's like with those 3 I couldn't image the amount of love it would make you feel)

I guess what I'm trying to say in a very babbling way is I just find the whole diary forced and unrealistic, I come across as quite a reserved person to some people but my diary shows a whole different side to me, where I let my true self out onto the pages Kate's diary doesn't seem like that.

Interestingly I have once kept a pain diary to show to consultants in hospital, actually it reads pretty similar to Kate's in that it details what I've done for the day if I've drank alcohol to cope with the pain etc...however my private dusty doesn't include that stuff (least not the alcohol bit)

Maybe it's just the way that Kate phrases things, however rioting things about Gerry's performance to the media, and the concern about the lack of hospitality from the police in terms of food and drink just come across as extremely wrong.

Do the patents know what happened to their daughter? Maybe, was she abducted? Maybe are they holding something back, in my opinion yes though what that is I don't know

I can't open the links. Are the comments in parentheses like Cherie Blair (wife of then prime minister) Kate's words or somebody else editing adding explanations afterwards?

I guess what strikes me the oddest is the informally dressed police. If my daughter was missing I probably couldn't care less that someone has no tie on.

This gets me: Thinking about paedophiles makes me want to tear at my own skin. Of course these people, like psychopaths, aren’t “normal” human beings.I was never in favour of the death penalty, but these people should be kept in a secure place. I wouldn’t even complain if it was in nice surroundings, but, certainly in the case of paedophiles always distanced from any type of contact with children.

The wanting to tear her skin sounds normal, something anyone might say. But then to go on and talk about how paedophiles are not normal and its okay to keep them in a nice place??? I would be saying things like "they all should be shot" "strung up" what ever. But if I thought one had my daughter, you can be certain that I would darn sure complain if they were kept in a nice place.

There is just not enough anger here and the whole tone of the last two sentences is inconsistent with the first sentence.

Salem

THAT is the quote that gets me the most as well,you supposedly believe your child was kidnapped,which most likely involves a pedophile!!! Under those circumstances how can she possibly make a comment like that????
IMO the only reason she could say that is if she KNOWS and CARES about the pedophile that is responsible,cares about him more than her daughter.
This is the quote that makes me question the accidental death theory.

I've only recently started reading these threads on Madeline so apologises if this has been brought up before but I thought I'd add this to the discussion about the diary.

Now I'm the first to admit I haven't read them before, I have followed the case, being from the uk it's hard to ignore really but not in a really in depth way, at the start I was living in Canada and just thought it was unbelievable that two professional people would leave 3 children alone in an apartment, (actually I think if they had been anyone else and not doctors there would've been a lot of further action taken against them) but I digress

"I’m so sorry if I/we let you down. I hope you know how fond of you we are and that we would NEVER do anything intentionally that would put you in danger—of any kind. "

Now I don't have children, closet I have is a nephew and godchildren however if anyone of those were missing presumed kidnapped fond would not be what I was writing I love the 3 kids in my life with all my heart and would happily lay down my life to protect them, fond doesn't come into it it's a love which before they were born I didn't know existed (god help me if I ever have kids if that's what it's like with those 3 I couldn't image the amount of love it would make you feel)

I guess what I'm trying to say in a very babbling way is I just find the whole diary forced and unrealistic, I come across as quite a reserved person to some people but my diary shows a whole different side to me, where I let my true self out onto the pages Kate's diary doesn't seem like that.

Interestingly I have once kept a pain diary to show to consultants in hospital, actually it reads pretty similar to Kate's in that it details what I've done for the day if I've drank alcohol to cope with the pain etc...however my private dusty doesn't include that stuff (least not the alcohol bit)

Maybe it's just the way that Kate phrases things, however rioting things about Gerry's performance to the media, and the concern about the lack of hospitality from the police in terms of food and drink just come across as extremely wrong.

Do the patents know what happened to their daughter? Maybe, was she abducted? Maybe are they holding something back, in my opinion yes though what that is I don't know

FOND.

having an affection or liking for.

I am fond of my chickens they make me laugh and give me eggs.

I am desperately and totally in love with my daughters and my grand children and would die for them if I had to.

THAT is the quote that gets me the most as well,you supposedly believe your child was kidnapped,which most likely involves a pedophile!!! Under those circumstances how can she possibly make a comment like that????
IMO the only reason she could say that is if she KNOWS and CARES about the pedophile that is responsible,cares about him more than her daughter.
This is the quote that makes me question the accidental death theory.

EEEK i have never bothered reading the dairies, its all rubbish anyway.

BUT are you serious, thats in it, flipping heck, all pedophiles should have their eyes gouged out and their testicals removed...

My daughter was interfered with by one of my friends husbands, IF i could have gotten hold of him i would have stabbed him in the heart. She wasnt sexually abused per sa, but he touched her inappropriately. Boy he was lucky i never got close to him I swear to god i would have killed him.

FOND .... i am fond of cheese too....

Seriously, is subscribing for nanny such an inconvenience? Or doing these few meters more for your children's safety? Someone who puts their convenience above the safety of their children is not fit to be a parent.

Oh, and another thing. Here you have a map of the Ocean Club.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id94.html

On the more detailed one you can see that Baby&Toddler and Mini&Toddler clubs (one of them is also a night creche) are actually near the tapas bar. You could virtually throw a stone.

Can honestly never understand why one would want to keep getting up every 10/15/20/30 minutes to check the kids. crikey I would have indigestion.

Surely it would have been so simple, to take the children with you and leave them at the night creche, then collect them and take them home at 11pm.

Jeez how hard was that scenario.

I mean it was UP, DOWN, DOWN, UP, UP DOWN, what was the point.....

AND pleassssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee if someone was watching them, they would never have risked taking the child no way.....

Can honestly never understand why one would want to keep getting up every 10/15/20/30 minutes to check the kids. crikey I would have indigestion.

Surely it would have been so simple, to take the children with you and leave them at the night creche, then collect them and take them home at 11pm.

AND pleassssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee if someone was watching them, they would never have risked taking the child no way.....

This is exactly it , the abductor would have been taking a huge risk and I still dont understand why they would take an older child and leave behind 2 babies which on the black market would presumably have far greater value .

What I find incredible, Kate continued to use the daycare in the days that followed. Seriously?

Normal human behavior....

parents of a child that's been abducted become overly protective. They do not allow their remaining children out of their sight....especially to be watched by virtual strangers that may have had a hand in the abduction at the very same hotel that the abduction allegedly took place!!!

Somebody on one of the threads yesterday posted how kate commented more than once that madeleine was pale and so tired . I cant find it but its got me wondering again ..

Somebody on one of the threads yesterday posted how kate commented more than once that madeleine was pale and so tired . I cant find it but its got me wondering again ..

It was the only night they didn't meet everyone else in their group with their children at the playground.

IMO because she was already dead at that point.

It was the only night they didn't meet everyone else in their group with their children at the playground.

IMO because she was already dead at that point.

Mmmm what time did they normally go to the playground ? The comment about her being pale and tired seemed odd to whoever it was that posted about it yesterday . I need to find it to check something because im also wondering why a dr would leave a pale potentially sick child alone . Also one of the witnesses to the man walking carrying the girl noted the child was very pale or white I cant remember the term they used . Are there any photos taken on the day madeleine dissapeared or thereabouts , did she have some colour at all or was she very white ? Blonde kids can be pale but you can still spot a sick pale in your child. id like to know wether she had got any colour during the holidays .

I know I am probably a little "out there" with this view, but I sometimes have trouble even believing it was an accident. First of all, what kind of accident happened where the girl almost immediately died? Because if there was an accident and she was fighting for her life, I don't care who you are or what country you're in, you're gonna call out for help. Also, Kate is a doctor which leads me to believe she could have administered some CPR or something until help got there. There are few accidents I can think of where the person will just IMMEDIATELY die, preventing the need to even ask for help.

****For the above paragraph I should say that I'm assuming Madeleine died sometime during the 6-something to 8:40 timeframe. B/c if she died while they were at dinner, how did they have time to do cover-up and come up with their plan/get their stories together (Kate and Gerry)?

Secondly, let's say some freak accident did happen......that would not go along with the parents' behavior after the accident. Such as seemingly little sadness, little emotion. This could be maybe better explained if they think she's still alive, but not really. Still alive but maybe being tortured/assaulted every day....would that make a mother feel "better" than if she's dead?? Not knowing where she is or what is happening to her! Or maybe the parents took the accidental death as just one of those things that happens in life, they have to "move on" for their other kids.....Madeleine would "understand" is maybe what they're thinking....but then what about the whole hypocrisy of it all and telling your fake story over and over again, and even writing a book about it? That makes no sense.

No way I think about it, no scenario I come up with, does any of this match up. I just don't understand. Maybe we will never know.

Mmmm what time did they normally go to the playground ? The comment about her being pale and tired seemed odd to whoever it was that posted about it yesterday . I need to find it to check something because im also wondering why a dr would leave a pale potentially sick child alone . Also one of the witnesses to the man walking carrying the girl noted the child was very pale or white I cant remember the term they used . Are there any photos taken on the day madeleine dissapeared or thereabouts , did she have some colour at all or was she very white ? Blonde kids can be pale but you can still spot a sick pale in your child. id like to know wether she had got any colour during the holidays .

Natty01, that was me. The way she said it, she was trying to say that Madeleine was just very very tired from all the activities of the day and of that whole week, that they had been jumping from one activity to another and were very tired. Then she started talking about how she took them to the room to get them ready for bed. So I guess she mentioned that to explain why she then took them to the bedroom to put them to bed?

I am still figuring out what the reason for this comment is, because she says it in every interview like it has some kind of meaning. Or maybe it's nothing, I don't know.

If Madeleine died during that time when they were supposedly doing their bedtime routine, then it makes sense why she would say that....because she is trying to explain why they went to the bedroom so early.

Linda mentioned in above post that they didn't go to the playground that day....maybe she is trying to defend against that by emphasizing that they were so tired, that's why she just decided to put them to bed early.

The way she says it, it's like she's trying to defend herself against something.

Natty01, that was me. The way she said it, she was trying to say that Madeleine was just very very tired from all the activities of the day and of that whole week, that they had been jumping from one activity to another and were very tired. Then she started talking about how she took them to the room to get them ready for bed. So I guess she mentioned that to explain why she then took them to the bedroom to put them to bed?
I am still figuring out what the reason for this comment is, because she says it in every interview like it has some kind of meaning. Or maybe it's nothing, I don't know.

If Madeleine died during that time when they were supposedly doing their bedtime routine, then it makes sense why she would say that....because she is trying to explain why they went to the bedroom so early.

Linda mentioned in above post that they didn't go to the playground that day....maybe she is trying to defend against that by emphasizing that they were so tired, that's why she just decided to put them to bed early.

The way she says it, it's like she's trying to defend herself against something.

Thats what I was wondering , is it possible shes defending not noticing her child was very sick because she thought she was tired , if she had known she was sick she wouldnt have left her etc etc maybe it wasnt an accident but an illness which would have led to a post mortem which would have revealed something more sinister , like maybe long term use of sedatives .

yess....exactly. Enjoy a meal in peace without worrying or having to get up and interrupt it constantly. I don't understand either!

Also, there were several kids in that group...why didn't they just go to dinner earlier with everyone including the kids, then the kids could just play amongst themselves afterwards, you know out to the side somewhere playing together like kids love to do?? They could have just put the twins to sleep and let them sleep in the buggy, the others could have eaten dinner and played.

I'm not judging them for that, just like you said there were easier options than what they did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LLawliet0