GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all. Have the pillow on my desk in case I need to snooze during end of cross.

Thanks to Minor4th for posting the Judicial Evaluation of Judge Pullan.

Unlike a few others here, I appreciate the judge's calm, courteous demeanor as well as his facility for the facts of the case and for the law. I think his posture on the bench is customary for him and is commented on in the judicial evaluation.

While I wish he had ruled differently on a couple of matters, I think he has been even-handed and fair to both sides.

As an observer, I concur with the outstanding evaluation Judge Pullan received on the evaluation. I did think there were a couple of funny things on the evaluation -- one person commented on his great eye contact (despite this one comment, universally his lack of "body language" was noted) and the other was that even though the judge received overall high marks for clear communication of his rulings, immediately following the judge's ruling on the divorce petition and after dismissing the parties, the woman asked: "Does that mean I'm divorced?"

Thanks again for posting -- for those who may have missed Minor4th's link, here it is again:

http://judges.utah.gov/docs/Retention/2012/Pullan - Published Retention Report - 2012.pdf

Wonderful.

So is there a magic number when a lawyer crosses X number of times in the same trial the judge can threatening to have him/her sanctioned (which I wonder if that is such a big deal since Jose Baez seemed impervious to it)?

To be honest it usually doesn't happen like that in opening statements because the jury will hold it against you if you're going to have evidence of something and then you don't (except in Florida, I guess)

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 5m
..and Tami Black (Jason Poirier's parole officer). They refuse to say if #MartinMacNeill will testify. Not likely. @fox13now #MacNeilltrial

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 1m
I imagine #MartinMacNeill won't testify because of what could be a very brutal cross-examination by the state. @fox13now #MacNeillTrial

I wanted to catch it as well, I have been sick in bed for the past two days and fell asleep on it. Maybe it will be on YouTube later?

Lots of folks on threads getting sick ! Disinfect your monitors and keys. :giggle:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Good thing this is a slow week at work, you guys have kept me laughing out loud all week. Thank you, all of you, I needed that! :) :) :)

Oh goodie! We will continue cross of Inmate #1. :eek:ddsmiley:

:argue:

Good Morning To All!:seeya:

Haven't been able to watch all the courtroom antics yet. Thank you for all you're posts. Does anyone know if Gypsy's roommates took the stand?

Good Morning To All!:seeya:

Haven't been able to watch all the courtroom antics yet. Thank you for all you're posts. Does anyone know if Gypsy's roommates took the stand?

No they won't

this didn't work yesterday - guess this lawyer is thick as a brick. Bested by the inmate.

Please stay on topic and consider that some members read the threads after work and then have to wade through all the extraneous posts...

What???? Other inmates can see his e-mails? :waitasec:

I haven't been able to watch every minute of testimony this week or read all the posts here......but I'm thinking the more questions the defense asks this poor guy and the more nit-picky they get, it will eventually get the jurors wondering why it's sooooooo important to try and discredit this particular witness to this extent. I'd be thinking the defense is worried/concerned about his testimony.

Is it just me, or does the female defense attorney always have a "sour grapes" expression on her face?

didn't mean for this to post twice - was just editing it to say this probably was already said.

why does he say "dill"...I don't think that is a Utah thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member