GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
State finishes with Gypsy and love letter lies. Defense finishes with an OSHA peon discussing minute details mathematically described,each sounding ridiculously overblown and over technical. Hmm. wonder which witness leaves a more lasting final impression.

Adding.. really? The defense wants the jury to believe its reasonable for MM to have mathematical calculated whether or not he could help his dying wife without hurting his back? Common sense. A desperate husband would have jumped into the tub to save his wife, d--mn the consequences.

Wonder how much the testimony about teeter totters is costing Utah tax payers.

My question would be, why didn't Martin jump in the tub and lift her out?

Joypath- you're so right about the automatic deference accorded to "professionals." Sorry for waxing so drearily philosophical today, but I know from personal experience that too often that deference is simply misplaced.

If my husband had obeyed his doctor and not trusted his own body and instincts he would have undergone 4 more months of excruciating chemotherapy and more irreparable damage, all to to eradicate a leukemia that had already been vanquished. If we had blindly obeyed our son's pediatrician and not insisted on a second opinion, our son would have died at the age of 4 years old.

I understand the desire to trust and believe those who are most entrusted with our best interests. What I've learned to trust more is our own common sense and instincts.

The woman neighbor should have told MM it was ridiculous to wait for a man to help his dying or dead wife out of the tub, and reached into the tub to pull Michelle out by herself if need be. Those present who could see see that MM's CPR wasn't being effective should have insisted on replacing him and doing CPR himself. On and on. All human, none culpable, all no doubt with regrets and self-doubt that will never go away.

Very good post and I have thought about how many people just went along with Martin and apparently have his whole life. On that day he gets son and girlfriend to throw out pills (key evidence to see what happened)...bet they regret that even to the point of suicide....and the neighbors...certainly MM could have gotten her out. The guy on the stand now is absolute rubbish. Then there were two women who could have gotten her out...they did not and waited for a "man". I mean really!!

he can lift a 65 pound bag of dog food ... his wife can't

so is he saying marty should have been able to lift Michele.....

I can lift a 50 lb bag of birdfeed, just saying

I expect cross will be something like: "And have you ever studied the typical every day case of lifting vs the case of someone committing a murder in a tight timeframe, causing a huge release of adrenaline?"

There actually exists an expert to state that MM couldn't get his wife out of the tub? o_O

this guy looks like he may have been a friend of MM...maybe another "professional courtesy" is being extended???

This witness isn't gonna fly with me. :snooty: As an ergonomics expert I think if is fine for him to say the proper way to lift someone out of the tub. I don't believe he can say if Martin was able to. :twocents:

IOW - This is a bunch of baloney!

Rubbish...people lift cars in an adrenaline rush off of loved ones...

Has MM ever stated "I tried to get her out of the tub by myself but couldn't!" to 911 or anyone else? Yeah--I didn't think so.

he can lift a 65 pound bag of dog food ... his wife can't

so is he saying marty should have been able to lift Michele.....

I can lift a 50 lb bag of birdfeed, just saying

how about running the panels of sheet rock up and down the stairs. like a lark

According to Martins account bent over the tub that would be a an easy lift. Somebody in the tub you drag them out. Even if it means a few scrapes or even a broken bone. Beats being dead. This is redundant. We all know strength with an adrenaline flow :banghead: Guess Martin didn't have that adrenaline flow :jail:

My question would be, why didn't Martin jump in the tub and lift her out?

Im sitting here thinking the same thing...if it were my husband I would be in that tub so fast. And if he couldnt actually lift he could certainly roll her onto the side of the tub and push/pull her out.

Very good post and I have thought about how many people just went along with Martin and apparently have his whole life. On that day he gets son and girlfriend to throw out pills (key evidence to see what happened)...bet they regret that even to the point of suicide....and the neighbors...certainly MM could have gotten her out. The guy on the stand now is absolute rubbish. Then there were two women who could have gotten her out...they did not and waited for a "man". I mean really!!

The lifelong regret I think they all will suffer is just one more example of the damage MM has caused so many.

There actually exists an expert to state that MM couldn't get his wife out of the tub? o_O

Lol.

It's a murder case. Defense had to find some kind of "expert" to put on the stand. Just so happens to be a whistleblowing dude in Utah that studies Ergonomics, and defense may have wanted some free chairs.

This is a very lame defense. Anyone can pull someone out of a tub if they love them and think they are dying in it. It may not be pretty, but it can be done.

*Big bags of dogfood get lifted and tucked under the arm btw. Wifey just wants him to carry something, may as well be the dog food.

Bombshell tonight! The judge rejects the defense's demand for a NG verdict!

(oops I forgot to include a smiley)

you sound just like Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members