GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have another teen missing not too far from here- Kimberly Sanborn from South Berwick, Maine. Last seen in Portsmouth, NH, on a Wednesday afternoon, just like Abby disappeared on a Wednesday afternoon last month.

Posted this on the other thread, but wanted to be sure to mention it here too.

Was thinking along the lines of Propane delivery truck, Fuel Oil delivery truck, maybe even commercial metal trash salvage pickups or something like that. Something that brought a person to the area on a schedule during the work hours.

These types of trucks are very noticeable, but they never are suspicous and nobody really gives them a second thought when in the area because we expect them to be around.

I think its pretty obvious she was abducted by someone, i think concentrating on who she texted is not going to help bc the boy did not abduct her. It was someone with the ability to sweep her away quickly. Also remember he may not even have swept her far, so many abduction killings are off the roadside in the woods with a body left under a bush. He may have taken her in a vehicle but i think the big thing now is to rule out every inch with side by side grid searches on both sides of the turn off she took. not just looking but microscopically going through side by side the way the brits do it. They get in a line and sometimes on their hands and knees go forward all over an area til they are sure nothing is missed. A height of 5 feet can miss something two inches away unless there is someone there that 2 inches away.

I get very frustrated with LE searches, they seem to bobble around looking and all to often I have seen bodies found in shallow graves right where they looked. A good example is a 15 yr old girl who killed a younger girl. She took them to the body and it was right where they searched.. they said they searched over it. Well they didn't do it closely obviously imo

I've had the same iPhone for coming on to 3 years.. I was shocked to find out that anything deleted is never actually gone.

If you go into the search function and type in any name, word, item, thing.. Every. Single. Deleted text, call, email, contacts pops up. An iPhone keeps everything, even after you click delete.

omg seriously??? rut roh!!! :hills:

I think its pretty obvious she was abducted by someone, i think concentrating on who she texted is not going to help bc the boy did not abduct her. It was someone with the ability to sweep her away quickly. Also remember he may not even have swept her far, so many abduction killings are off the roadside in the woods with a body left under a bush. He may have taken her in a vehicle but i think the big thing now is to rule out every inch with side by side grid searches on both sides of the turn off she took. not just looking but microscopically going through side by side the way the brits do it. They get in a line and sometimes on their hands and knees go forward all over an area til they are sure nothing is missed. A height of 5 feet can miss something two inches away unless there is someone there that 2 inches away.

I get very frustrated with LE searches, they seem to bobble around looking and all to often I have seen bodies found in shallow graves right where they looked. A good example is a 15 yr old girl who killed a younger girl. She took them to the body and it was right where they searched.. they said they searched over it. Well they didn't do it closely obviously imo

I thought I read they did line searches, but must be remembering incorrectly, cannot find anything now. Maybe it was wishful thinking. I hope they can spend the next 5 days (however many it takes to find her) on foot, in lines, combing every spot they can get to.

I thought I read they did line searches, but must be remembering incorrectly, cannot find anything now. Maybe it was wishful thinking. I hope they can spend the next 5 days (however many it takes to find her) on foot, in lines, combing every spot they can get to.

I agree and both sides of the road all the way down and taking a left on 302 and taking the alternate LEFT routes as well, all the way to walmart and maybe all the way to her house if time permits.

Just making that walk is so important IMO. With both sides of road covered.

I read through the old threads last night and remember seeing something about a shoulder-to-shoulder search very early on, and then someone saying that her husband helped search a few days later and that the searchers were standing approx. 10 feet apart from each other. Hope that helps.

I always have to smile when white rabbit posts about the rabbit hole, she may never have noticed, but when she jumps down the rabbit hole, she lands on me. I am there already.
I am too old to even use the new word predator, I now think kidnapped, just a far fetched idea of mine. Am waiting to hear about granger pond or camping area...and Denmark ME?
Can not wait too long because of my age !

I always have to smile when white rabbit posts about the rabbit hole, she may never have noticed, but when she jumps down the rabbit hole, she lands on me. I am there already.
I am too old to even use the new word predator, I now think kidnapped, just a far fetched idea of mine. Am waiting to hear about granger pond or camping area...and Denmark ME?
Can not wait too long because of my age !

What is drawing you to Granger Pond?

2:40pm – 3:30pm: Multiple UNCONFIRMED reports of an individual matching Abigail’s description walking on North-South Highway between rotary and Settler’s Green entry

this is a long span of time should any of the later ones be true sightings in that area of the walk

Is there any place that sounds like Grover or Glover's campground around there? Do the campgrounds close with the winter weather?

This is where the campground answers came from. Maybe he or she will come back and let us know why the question..

They are clearly looking for connections with the other missing persons cases, I suppose we all knew they would.

They searched the power line trail twice I think, with dogs.

They haven't gone out of the area far enough. they haven't gone down 302, 153, 16 and 113 far enough out. What the heck took them to Brownfield and not Fryeburg? West is a different story, that is literally a needle in a haystack scenario

sorry, i meant to clarify this last night..... maine state police and maine fish and game searched along saco river..... beginning at fryeburg, through to brownfield......... maybe a tip brought them to check out brownfield along the shepheds river???? here is a map....... in the summer canoe trips are popular some launch from conway and travel for days, stopping off to camp and then continuing the river.......

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=...d=217239942616350700761.0004a9ce070fe445b028e

I am not saying this to be a jerk, but I have a hard time wrapping my head around unconfirmed and confirmed too.

Me too. I was just going back and looking through to find scenarios we haven't thought of, which would include thinking of those later sightings as possibly real.

I am just concerned that the searchers stopped when they left the woods area and didnt make those lefts on 302 or the other alternate lefts that go to Walmart area.

Maybe they did walk all the way, but just a concern that once they came out of the woods, they may have felt there would be nothing to find in the main traffic areas. But you never know what you could find laying in the street in plain view of traffic and others.

At this point, if there are more searchers, I would probably work backwards from her house and walk to the wooded trail, and I would take the 2 or 3 different alternate routes and search each one.

I think human nature has people thinking it was that desolate wooded area, but perhaps she was snatched in the more public spots of that walk around 302.

2:40pm – 3:30pm: Multiple UNCONFIRMED reports of an individual matching Abigail’s description walking on North-South Highway between rotary and Settler’s Green entry

this is a long span of time should any of the later ones be true sightings in that area of the walk

If she was milling around for almost an hour, maybe she was waiting for someone. The question is did she know that someone IRL or just virtually?

sorry, i meant to clarify this last night..... maine state police and maine fish and game searched along saco river..... beginning at fryeburg, through to brownfield......... maybe a tip brought them to check out brownfield along the shepheds river???? here is a map....... in the summer canoe trips are popular some launch from conway and travel for days, stopping off to camp and then continuing the river.......

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=...d=217239942616350700761.0004a9ce070fe445b028e

Saco isn't easily searchable...long, winding, rapid, etc. this girl washed up months and months later and that was with all clues being right on the Saco. http://www.thesunchronicle.com/news...cle_f7b09de3-f384-5c24-b5ae-95c800eb663d.html

I think technology safety (phone, internet, social media, etc) needs to become a required part of the curriculum. Start early and address it every year until they graduate.

Do you know how often kids are told and warned and they just don't listen. They really don't. Until they grow a brain parents have to be diligent and monitor them. And sometimes it's not even your child, it's a friend's child. I still remember a show where they had young children who had all been taught in school to never ever ever go off with someone they didn't know. Then they had an adult go up to the child in a park and ask them to help find their dog and every one of the children went off with the stranger. Not just a few but each and every one. The parents were sitting a few feet away watching it all on camera and were astounded. It's so frustrating. Thing is, AH's mother didn't even know she was on fb. The kids have access to comps at school, at friend's houses, on their phones and they think because they're safe in their house or at school they can post whatever they want. They also mistakenly think they can set things to private and no one can see it. I've seen people who can't get jobs because of stupid things they posted online in private areas when they were younger. They were told, but they thought they had found a loophole, or they were drunk and didn't care. Had my cleaning lady get into trouble because they did an article in the newspaper on her and some creep fixated on her picture. If AH ran in track and any pictures were taken and published in the newspaper, those things are online and anyone can see them. Point is, sometimes it's not even the child doing anything wrong or acting unsafe. Unfortunately, we live in a world where children are prey and predators aren't punished severely enough and THAT'S the problem. Rant done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnySomber