GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just concerned that the searchers stopped when they left the woods area and didnt make those lefts on 302 or the other alternate lefts that go to Walmart area.

Maybe they did walk all the way, but just a concern that once they came out of the woods, they may have felt there would be nothing to find in the main traffic areas. But you never know what you could find laying in the street in plain view of traffic and others.

At this point, if there are more searchers, I would probably work backwards from her house and walk to the wooded trail, and I would take the 2 or 3 different alternate routes and search each one.

I think human nature has people thinking it was that desolate wooded area, but perhaps she was snatched in the more public spots of that walk around 302.
From the beginning I picture a car driving up with a familiar driver saying, hop in I'll give you a ride. Then poof.

Do you know how often kids are told and warned and they just don't listen. They really don't. Until they grow a brain parents have to be diligent and monitor them. And sometimes it's not even your child, it's a friend's child. I still remember a show where they had young children who had all been taught in school to never ever ever go off with someone they didn't know. Then they had an adult go up to the child in a park and ask them to help find their dog and every one of the children went off with the stranger. Not just a few but each and every one. The parents were sitting a few feet away watching it all on camera and were astounded. It's so frustrating. Thing is, AH's mother didn't even know she was on fb. The kids have access to comps at school, at friend's houses, on their phones and they think because they're safe in their house or at school they can post whatever they want. They also mistakenly think they can set things to private and no one can see it. I've seen people who can't get jobs because of stupid things they posted online in private areas when they were younger. They were told, but they thought they had found a loophole, or they were drunk and didn't care. Had my cleaning lady get into trouble because they did an article in the newspaper on her and some creep fixated on her picture. If AH ran in track and any pictures were taken and published in the newspaper, those things are online and anyone can see them. Point is, sometimes it's not even the child doing anything wrong or acting unsafe. Unfortunately, we live in a world where children are prey and predators aren't punished severely enough and THAT'S the problem. Rant done.
I don't think they don't listen either. Psychologically they are thinking like toddlers, self centric world. They don't have the 'This could happen to me' piece. Some do, but it is clearly documented their brains are not fully developed, the connections are not there. If they were, they'd all be scared #%^}>{££.

i believe i caused some tangles last night so to clear up two points:

1) i used the term 'bestie' to describe DF, not MSM. she's her one friend quoted regarding the path she took on the dirt road. judging solely from FB, she seems to be a 'bestie'. but i cannot link that any other way. perhaps she's not...it just seemed so to me.

2) i found six different specific addresses in the jackson/bartlett/glen/north conway area attributed to ZH. with apartment numbers no less. i have no idea the time frame but if you were looking at one-to-two year leases, she may have moved frequently. i can't confirm that. regardless, i don't believe the girls were uprooted per se, just moved within the few miles that separate those towns. different elementary schools may have been attended but the middle and high schools service all of them.

no sleuthing necessary, i was just trying to point out that they've lived "in the area" for a long time. sorry if any of the above caused confusion!!! it's all JMO from what i found.

What's really bizarre is that the father seems to have one address in Conway, according to news sources, yet the Mom and girls have moved around several times in the last few years?

There's important info about Abby's phone pings in the video with the NE Unsolved article. It's not in the article itself, just the video.

The FBI agent says (paraphrased) that her phone pinged off the Cranmore tower up through 3:07pm, but the phone itself was pinging in the area between the school and her home.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 52m
My NE Unsolved on Abby Hernandez case. The NH teen has been missing for one month. $20K Reward. 1800CALLFBI http://tinyurl.com/nxanxft

From the beginning I picture a car driving up with a familiar driver saying, hop in I'll give you a ride. Then poof.

I agree, I think she got into the car with whoever it was and then disappeared. I do believe it was someone she knew, it may have even been an upperclassman. I don't think she was grabbed, that would have been noted by someone. I believe she entered the car willingly and things went downhill from there, I also think this may have been a planned excursion. Now we know that AH's last text was sent at 2:53 to JCjr and that her phone continued to ping in the area between the school and her home until 3:07, that's a full 14 mins from her last text to when her phone was disabled so the assumption is she was grabbed at right around the same time because the first thing a person would do when they grab someone is to disable their phone. She was seen leaving school at 2:30 and the last last phone ping was 3:07, that's 37 mins. On average, a person's pace walking is 3 -3.5 mph, I would guess she's young and would average 3.5mph. Sometimes younger people or people with longer legs will average 4mph walking, but since she's texting during the walk I'm going to stick with the 3.5mph. So she's walking for 37 mins at 3.5mph that means she'd travel just over 2miles. So a question for those awesome map people, how close to home (considering the route they say she took) did AH get? How far along her routine route home was she? That's most likely where she was abducted or got into the car. Also, are there any homes in that immediate area, could someone have called over to her for some help getting groceries into the house, etc.

What's really bizarre is that the father seems to have one address in Conway, according to news sources, yet the Mom and girls have moved around several times in the last few years?

Exactly!
As I see it something is and has been going on in this family's lives for a while now.
I don't think we will ever be told what but my guess this is all related somehow!
Just My personal opinion!

I don't think they don't listen either. Psychologically they are thinking like toddlers, self centric world. They don't have the 'This could happen to me' piece. Some do, but it is clearly documented their brains are not fully developed, the connections are not there. If they were, they'd all be scared #%^}>{££.

You can talk to them till your blue!
Kids have no fear!
they don't watch the news and follow missing persons.

All a predator or a kidnapper needs is the OPPORTUNITY to take a child.
Opportunity and Availability! Remove that and then u remove the dangers.

Exactly!
As I see it something is and has been going on in this family's lives for a while now.
I don't think we will ever be told what but my guess this is all related somehow!
Just My personal opinion!

my opinion is just like a lot of split families, mom and dad don't get along any more and can't be around each other.... and with a stressful situation as this, their baby girl is missing, it may be best if they do not be in the same room as tensions will run high..... to me, they seem very typical of a family.... it has been reported that RH has 2 homes spends most of his time in TX and some time here (jackson I believe)..... and that is all there is to it..... i do't think anything "funny" has gone on with the family.... the only thing that worried me a bit, which may be the past was something that JDC claimed on his facebook that his son had told him that really ticked hm off..... but sleuthing of that nature is not allowed here... so you could go to JDC's page and check out comments and such from the days around the online vigil ;)

I'm with you. Dad owns house in Jackson, mom needs to find rental. Renting we know is a matter of trial and error until you find the right place or right openings.

I wonder if AH had access/keys to that house, surely they checked it carefully.

Again, Dad is a victim. It's also not appropriate to sleuth Abby's parents' marriage. They are victims and you need to move on.

Hmmm... I wasn't thinking about dad, I was thinking if I were a teen with access to an empty house I would use it if possible!

What if text messages. (Or iMessages rather) are sent over wifi? That wouldn't be able to be retrieved would it?

My son has an iPhone that has a broken screen that someone sold him for 5$. He has no cell service but can text anyone with an iPhone using our wifi. There are texting apps as well you can get for iPhone and iPad. His phone works just like an iPad.

You do not need cell service for iMessage, just wifi. No iPhones in this house, just iPods. They can also 'text' from ipod to a person's computer if they have iMessage there or to email

i'm not in conway so ireally can't answer that.... i think that from what i have seen on the news parents are very worried and i think this is that case that whether people especially kids aren't saying much but i think they are still in shock that this happened....

ijust spoke to my dad, he lives up in the north country..... he said him and a couple of his buddies have been all over crawford notch (302 area to the northwest of conway is best i can describe it)...... some of his friends are hunters...... they are all well aware, and they have seen nor found anything...... he is a backwoods guy so though i triedto reachhim when i went up north to look i was unsuccessful.... but he said to me when i filled him in.... "i didn't think it would be too long before you told me you came up north and started looking..... i know how you are"....... yup still daddy's girl lol

You might be a good one to ask. Do the hunters mount cameras in the trees to watch the movement of deer? I read that when they were looking for Morgan Harrington.

Some do. I don't believe hunting season was open, yet, when she disappeared. End of October usually for jr's the first week and then opens up for real in November.

I thought I read they did line searches, but must be remembering incorrectly, cannot find anything now. Maybe it was wishful thinking. I hope they can spend the next 5 days (however many it takes to find her) on foot, in lines, combing every spot they can get to.

If they find anything it will be a miracle. The ground is covered with leaves and the snow is coming. Roads will be closed soon for the Winter.

Somebody got very lucky...sigh...

2:40pm – 3:30pm: Multiple UNCONFIRMED reports of an individual matching Abigail’s description walking on North-South Highway between rotary and Settler’s Green entry

this is a long span of time should any of the later ones be true sightings in that area of the walk

IF that was in fact Abby where would her walking be leading her too? Any of the places we have talked about...maybe closer to that cell tower her phone pinged from.

Was those sightings close enough for her to be walking her dogs?

If they find anything it will be a miracle. The ground is covered with leaves and the snow is coming. Roads will be closed soon for the Winter.

Somebody got very lucky...sigh...

Stay positive! Don't forget, they found bones from a hiker missing for 6 years. That is 6 yrs of leaf coverage and snow compaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member