GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have news that shows the guilty verdict? MM during this? and what time did it come in? I am EST and stayed up late and missed everything! TIA

Jury finds Utah doctor guilty in wife's death

PAUL FOY, AP

PROVO, Utah (AP) — A jury convicted a doctor of murder early Saturday in the death of his wife six years ago, bringing an end to a trial that became the nation's latest true-crime cable TV obsession with its tales of jailhouse snitches, forced plastic surgery, philandering and betrayal.

Martin MacNeill was accused of knocking out Michele MacNeill with drugs after cosmetic surgery, then leaving her to die in a tub like one that was displayed during the trial.

Prosecutors asserted that he may have held her underwater for good measure and that he did it to take up a new life with another woman.

Michele MacNeill's daughters and other relatives let out a loud yelp before dissolving in tears as the jury delivered its verdict to the tense, packed courtroom...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20131109/US--Doctor_s.Wife-Death/

And you have to wonder who Gypsy's next victim will be. And there will be one.

Yes, i cried right along with them. I am amazed that the jury was able to reach a guilty verdict and glad that they saw the BIG picture... so much was withheld but they got it.

If any of them had any regrets or second thoughts, They will be elated when they are able to see all the info that they were not privy to.

The really sick thing is that MM will likely receive a considerable amount of mail from admiring females.

Does anyone have news that shows the guilty verdict? MM during this? and what time did it come in? I am EST and stayed up late and missed everything! TIA

It should be on wild about trial archives ~

Good morning websleuths...I dozed off about 1230am about time of the 911 call request. somehow the sound of Judge Pullen's call to order woke me and I saw it half awake but saw it. Very hard to go back to sleep after that!! Where was HLN..??? Why send anyone there and miss the verdict. Seems that were on auto-pilot for the verdict. Look forward to some family interviews...would like to hear jurors (but not sure that will happen) and Alexis, Rachel and Linda should be so proud of their efforts and their prosecution team. Many families would never have had that kind of stamina and he would be enjoying his new life. I'm sure lifetime movies are already on the task...this one eally has it all. Hope the family can make some money, sell the house etc. and recoup some of the $$ they have had to spend to bring their own father to justice. You could see their hearts were breaking...that was their father!!

Reaction from Alexis and Rachel especially is just gut wrenching.

----------
Bravo, I cried with them. I will forever have Rachel in my thoughts and prayers. She has suffered so, I hope this will help her. She is over emotional~ guess how I know.. Here I sit a wreck myself. Alexis bore up well. I was relieved to see her cry.. That was good for her. Now we will watch her go after him in December..May they all have peace now..:seeya:

P.S. ladies my Thanks button will hardly work. Thanks to all.:loveyou:

Also someone mentioned Spencer having done a good job...I am not so sure about that maybe he did with the client he had...but they really bombed by putting on ay case at all and any amateur would never have hammered the point about Martin not being able to lift Michelle and putting the ergo guy on the stand. I think that sealed the deal...if some on the jury did not feel he actually planned it it was clear he did nothing to help.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

(Scott Sommerdorf | The Salt Lake Tribune) Martin McNeill, the moment the guilty verdict was read
on the count of murder. He was also found guilty of obstruction of justice early Saturday morning, November 9, 2013.
McNeill is flanked by his attorneys, Randy Spencer, left, and Susanne Gustin.
(Above bolded by Ann-Tx)

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57103140-78/macneill-martin-michele-death.html.csp
Salt Lake Tribune - Salt Lake City, UT -- First Published Nov 08 2013 10:13 pm • Updated 6 hours ago

MacNeill found guilty in slaying of wife

Verdict was guilty on both counts. There was never any doubt in my mind. But in comparison to the Jury I had done a lot of research, had so much background information and had the WS community to add, chat and gossip with.

So for them the be convinced after 11 hours with only what was presented in court is a relief.

There are still some questions that remains though;

1. How was Michelle fed the cocktail of pills? There have been multiple theories on this forum; blended in food, injected etc. I hope we get the answer, but doubt we ever will.

2. In the interview with Giselle on HLN After Dark she said that Damian picked the three older girls up from school and they spent 5-6 (?) hours at his friends house before he came and picked them up. This just stood out to me as very strange.

3. There's been some discussion about MM's finances. In the affidavit it says he potentially has access to large amounts of money. The house he lived in is also at $363.000 market value. This home is subject to litigations involving Alexis.

With the talk about all the MacNeill kids getting $1 in inheritance - can the court change the will and make sure all of the money goes to the MacNeill kids?

NBC News: "After deliberating for 11 hours, the jury issued its guilty verdict to murder and obstruction of justice shortly after 1 a.m. Saturday."

Only 11 hours in a circumstantial case. Faster than the Scott Peterson verdict.

So the jury requested a calculator?

They did. And gloves to handle Michele's clothing. Asked about the Estate Law question first I believe. Then the gloves and calculator. Then the tape of the 911 call. Said the 911 call was all they needed and would have their verdict.

Verdict was guilty on both counts. There was never any doubt in my mind. But in comparison to the Jury I had done a lot of research, had so much background information and had the WS community to add, chat and gossip with.

So for them the be convinced after 11 hours with only what was presented in court is a relief.

There are still some questions that remains though;

1. How was Michelle fed the cocktail of pills? There have been multiple theories on this forum; blended in food, injected etc. I hope we get the answer, but doubt we ever will.

2. In the interview with Giselle on HLN After Dark she said that Damian picked the three older girls up from school and they spent 5-6 (?) hours at his friends house before he came and picked them up. This just stood out to me as very strange.

3. There's been some discussion about MM's finances. In the affidavit it says he potentially has access to large amounts of money. The house he lived in is also at $363.000 market value. This home is subject to litigations involving Alexis.

With the talk about all the MacNeill kids getting $1 in inheritance - can the court change the will and make sure all of the money goes to the MacNeill kids?

I am particularily struck by #2 above. I heard that from a few different acccounts all mentioning Damian taking his siblings to a "friends" house for hours. I did not get the impression he was there with them. His and his girlfriend's involvement is not small...throwing the pills away...and then his suicide...well we will never know...only Martin knows. Damian also was the only one defending his father...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get