Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading al the threads about Jahi and have not posted yet. But at this point I need to voice my opinions. First, I think she should have been let go when she died. I agree with all of you.

However, these threads have turned into nothing but pure speculation about where she is and the condition of her body. It is for that reason alone that I believe in MHO it Needs to be shut down until we have real news such as an update from her her caregivers, or news that her heart has finally stopped. Again, it is MOO that this has turned into nothing but gossipy speculation (this last photo just enforces that opinion). We have no idea whether this is a person or a movie prop, nor if it is a person, the condition of the body at autopsy.It completely disrespects the memory of a beautiful little girl who should have long been laid to rest. I've seen threads closed for less. I think this one had long ago run its course.

But then you'd really have to shut down every thread. The memory of little girls is disrespected in so many threads with people speculating the ins and outs of their death and abuse with no real facts to go on. There are many threads where a child is killed and what follows is a series of "oh no, how sad, I hope her father didn't... (insert graphic description of abuse that has no real basis)". I'm really not sure why Jahi should be anymore immune to speculation and gossip and graphic details than any other girl, boy, man or woman that has unusual circumstances surrounding their death.

But then you'd really have to shut down every thread. The memory of little girls is disrespected in so many threads with people speculating the ins and outs of their death and abuse with no real facts to go on. There are many threads where a child is killed and what follows is a series of "oh no, how sad, I hope her father didn't... (insert graphic description of abuse that has no real basis)". I'm really not sure why Jahi should be anymore immune to speculation and gossip and graphic details than any other girl, boy, man or woman that has unusual circumstances surrounding their death.

I suppose I should clarify what I meant when I said speculation. I wasnt talking about the people involved in this, just all the speculation about her poor body and what is happening. Because the fact is we don't know, and other than the one assessment early on that has been quoted, we don't know what condition her body is in. All we can do is speculate. We know it is not good, but poor child, I just believe she deserves more respect from all of us than this.

I suppose I should clarify what I meant when I said speculation. I wasnt talking about the people involved in this, just all the speculation about her poor body and what is happening. Because the fact is we don't know, and other than the one assessment early on that has been quoted, we don't know what condition her body is in. All we can do is speculate. We know it is not good, but poor child, I just believe she deserves more respect from all of us than this.

I agree, but don't forget that it is her family doing this to her. They put out information that defies logic and science and expect everyone to eat it right up. Unfortunately for them, most people are capable or research and critical thinking. No one but them took away that child's dignity.

Oh I did not mean for that to appear that way. So sorry. :truce:

I was just going, wow, way to torpedo your case. I was HOPING Dolan had actually said that! :)

It's not your fault I read it that way, so no need for you to get your white flag out lol

I agree, but don't forget that it is her family doing this to her. They put out information that defies logic and science and expect everyone to eat it right up. Unfortunately for them, most people are capable or research and critical thinking. No one but them took away that child's dignity.

Hey, speculate away about the family! I should have been clearer in my OP I was speaking about the condition of her body in reference to speculating. Family is fair game as far as I'm concerned.

Well... I disagree. If you have read all of these threads, you would see that many of us truly care what happens to Jahi. :twocents:

Caring about Jahi and speculating about her decaying body constantly are two different things. then posting pictures of a rotting corpse are are not respectful to her, and that is my :twocents:

Had it been a picture of a body in the same situation as Jahi, where the body was brain dead and on long term life support, then that would have been reasonable to post. :twocents:

Thank you
:loveyou:

Please stop posting graphic photos ... we have no way of knowing the condition of Jahi's brain at this point.

I am so glad this was mentioned,I agree with this about so many cases here.The speculating gets out of control and before you know it wild ideas are spun and then a few threads later it is thought to be fact.It is not meant to hurt anyone and is out of concern only for the victim.

I am so glad this was mentioned,I agree with this about so many cases here.The speculating gets out of control and before you know it wild ideas are spun and then a few threads later it is thought to be fact.It is not meant to hurt anyone and is out of concern only for the victim.

---------
I think the reason people are interested in knowing what the condition is~they are trying to figure out how long this farce will go on, hoping it will not be much longer~ hoping mother will finally give her child the respect she deserves and bury her remains. Not easy to do I know but she must think how her child would feel if aware of all this. Be kind mom and give Jahi the respect and peace she so deserves..not to mention Love. IMO.

I dreamt that I read Jahi had passed.

I was very sad when I woke and realized it was only a dream.

Best-
Herding Cats

A close friend of mine had her (only child) son injured in a motorcycle accident (he was around 24). He was pronounced brain dead after two hour at the hospital. After a second opinion, she donate ever possible part of his body to be donated. Her son saved or enhanced no less then 8 lives that day.

Brain dead is brain dead. There is no evidence anyone has EVER come back from that, EVER! It is extremely sad to me that this has gone on as long as it has. This baby girl, wrong or right is gone in spirit and soul. This family is only holding her body hostage at this point. She could (could of) prolonged many lives. Tragedies happen, it's how you deal with them that defines not only you as a family, but how you define your child.

This may sound harsh to many of you, but if this were my Nikel, there would be very little of him to bury or cremate, most of my only (birth) child would have been donated to prolong someone else's life.

Brief update posted today on the "keep Jahi McMath on life support" facebook site. (I won't link, but the site is easily searched.)

Snipped from post:

...she is being properly taken care of...

She is stable and she is much better in the new facility.

When there's any eventful information on her continuous healing, you will be updated.

BBM. I wish it was possible to know how the admin poster on the FB site defines these BBM phrases.

Brief update posted today on the "keep Jahi McMath on life support" facebook site. (I won't link, but the site is easily searched.)

Snipped from post:

BBM. I wish it was possible to know how the admin poster on the FB site defines these BBM phrases.

Its amazing to me that the supporters on that site eat these type of updates up and dont question them at all. If i was a supporter i would want to know more specifics....

No specifics given because she is still brain dead...her body is just continuing to be preserved.

This makes me think they are still egging on the supporters...for donations.:banghead:

Well consider this: there are no unwilling victims, so if these supporters continue to give their own money away when the medical and scientific facts are available and out there, they are being participants and doing so of their own free will.

For the love of [JM], the living testimony of [NW]
2/7/14: By Paul A. Byrne, M.D.

... Post-op, [JM] asked for a Popsicle and stated her throat hurt. Most assuredly, [NW] was relieved, knowing her beloved [JM] was doing well. Then there was a sudden, dreadful turn of events; [JM] was bleeding. That continued until [JM]'s heart stopped. ...

After a video surfaced showing [JM]'s foot moving ... As someone who has seen [JM]'s foot multiple times, it appears to be [JM]'s foot, and it is unlikely that it was before [JM] left [CHO].

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/byrne/140207

@ Dr. Byrne or anyone in the know: rather than just skipping over important events,
please describe the full details of the post-op "sudden, dreadful turn of events". TIA

I will not post another link to Dr. Byrne's writings until those details are provided or until
CHO is allowed to provide the public with their side of the story. JMVHO

[Not holding my breath!]

If Dr. Byrne is such an intimate friend with Jahi's foot and Nailah's motherly love, wouldn't you think that he could have asked the family when and where the video was taken and wouldn't have to guess?

Its amazing to me that the supporters on that site eat these type of updates up and dont question them at all. If i was a supporter i would want to know more specifics....

No specifics given because she is still brain dead...her body is just continuing to be preserved.

This makes me think they are still egging on the supporters...for donations.:banghead:

It's shocking to me, too. Like a mass delusion. Reminds me of the War of the Worlds broadcast.

I completely understand supporting the mother in her grief and distress. But I cannot understand the depths of extreme denial and intellectual ignorance that these people are engaging in. Mrs. Winkfield's denial is bad enough, but to have all these charlatans and intellectually challenged people enabling her denial is almost criminal, IMO.

Mrs Winkfield, in the foot moving video clip, says she does not understand how someone with brain death can move their feet. It is perfectly okay not to understand something, but also not necessary to ascribe a magical explanation to something you don't understand, IMO. Especially when there is a scientifically proven explanation for the phenomena, that can be replicated over and over.

I don't completely understand how a microchip works, but also I don't believe a supernatural power named Siri is controlling my computer and iPhone. Nor do I believe Jeepus (GPS) is a supernatural power guiding me when I need to get somewhere. (I have been known to pray for a traffic light to stay green once in a while, but that's more like wishful thinking. I would never consider that an expression of my faith.)

Paul Byrne's essays make me wonder if he ever actually took a biology class or lab. It is incomprehensible how someone who went to medical school could be so utterly wrong, and thoroughly irresponsible in putting out this kind of pseudo-medical information. His ideas go far beyond merely having an opinion about something controversial. His ideas are very dangerous when presented to intellectually vulnerable people, IMO. He is as much of a charlatan and opportunistic predator than any snake oil salesman, IMO. And he has no heir apparent, which is a good thing, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa