Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to say her heart is only beating because of impulses from ventilator. Take off the vent, if it continues to beat she is alive and would go to hospice. This was all explained to me by the Doctors attending my husband. My son was on a ventilator for a while. When removed he was capable of breathing on his own. My husband took no breaths.

May20, 2014

http://www.nationalrighttolifenews....urt-and-pursuing-college-degree/#.U31ydulOUqQ

I have no doubt that someone has already passed this amazing story of recovery along to Nailah Winkfield, the mother of Jahi McMath, the teenager whom medical authorities are convinced is brain dead. Ms. McMath won the right to move Jahi from Oakland Children’s Hospital to an undisclosed location where feeding and breathing tubes were successfully inserted into the 13-year-old Jahi.

McMath recently told a reporter, “She’s still asleep. I don’t use the word ‘brain dead’ for my daughter. I’m just waiting and faithful that she will have a recovery. She is blossoming into a teenager before my eyes.”

Over the weekend ABC News’s Susan Donaldson James reported the remarkable story of Sam Schmid.

Except that Sam Schmid actually had a brain that was receiving some perfusion, as badly damaged as it was. Brain injury from a car accident and aneurysm is not comparable to global brain death from ischemia/ hypoxia. Sam Schmid was never officially diagnosed as brain dead. They are apples and oranges. But apparently this author doesn't think so.

May20, 2014

http://www.nationalrighttolifenews....urt-and-pursuing-college-degree/#.U31ydulOUqQ

Except that Sam Schmid actually had a brain that was receiving some perfusion, as badly damaged as it was. Brain injury from a car accident and aneurysm is not comparable to global brain death from ischemia/ hypoxia. Sam Schmid was never officially diagnosed as brain dead. They are apples and oranges. But apparently this author doesn't think so.

Exactly. He was never diagnosed as brain dead. In fact MRI showed he was not brain dead. He was in a coma.
One can recover from coma.
Not from brain death.

"For days Schmid didn't seem to be responding, but what puzzled his doctor was that he did not see fatal injuries on the MRI scan. So he decided to keep Schmid on life support longer."
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/arizon...s-coma-poised-donate-organs/story?id=15208351

I took a look at the "keep Jahi on lifesupport" FB site. It's just so profoundly sad, and pitiable, that stories like this only serve to energize Nailah's FB supporters with more false hope, IMO. There is hope, realistic hope, and then there is false hope, which only brings more pain and anguish, in the end.

Very, very sad, how this has all unfolded. I doubt that NW will ever come to any peace. She has to be just tortured with how this has unfolded, despite her brave public face. IMO. I really wish, again, that she had some realistic people close to her as spiritual advisers, confidantes and supporters. Sad that an organization like this is still exploiting her, and her daughter, to further their agenda. IMO, JMO, etc.

I took a look at the "keep Jahi on lifesupport" FB site. It's just so profoundly sad, and pitiable, that stories like this only serve to energize Nailah's FB supporters with more false hope, IMO. There is hope, realistic hope, and then there is false hope, which only brings more pain and anguish, in the end.

Very, very sad, how this has all unfolded. I doubt that NW will ever come to any peace. She has to be just tortured with how this has unfolded, despite her brave public face. IMO. I really wish, again, that she had some realistic people close to her as spiritual advisers, confidantes and supporters. Sad that an organization like this is still exploiting her, and her daughter, to further their agenda. IMO, JMO, etc.

that is the problem, she and jahi are being used. unfortunately seems that her supporters seem to be more interested in pursuing their own agendas than what is best for this family

lupus est homini *advertiser censored*, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

Exactly. He was never diagnosed as brain dead. In fact MRI showed he was not brain dead. He was in a coma.
One can recover from coma.
Not from brain death.

"For days Schmid didn't seem to be responding, but what puzzled his doctor was that he did not see fatal injuries on the MRI scan. So he decided to keep Schmid on life support longer."
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/arizon...s-coma-poised-donate-organs/story?id=15208351

Yes..they ignore the fact that Jahi is NOT in a coma...also for DAYS he didnt respond...not MONTHS or years. OMG is this going to just go on forever? You would think they would at least be a little discouraged by now.

Yes..they ignore the fact that Jahi is NOT in a coma...also for DAYS he didnt respond...not MONTHS or years. OMG is this going to just go on forever? You would think they would at least be a little discouraged by now.

Sadly this could go on until the mom passes. NO disprespect meant...only imo this could go on for a very very long time.

I posted about Jahi's case during the winter time.
Sadly, it seems that this has turned into a death watch. ( A totally dead body watch, IOW).
It's morbid to contemplate the reasons why the thread still flourishes.

My husband died on 04/24/14. He was 27 and brain dead. It was cruel to watch him hooked up to machines and just a lifeless shell. It broke my heart in a thousand pieces.

My husband died on 04/24/14. He was 27 and brain dead. It was cruel to watch him hooked up to machines and just a lifeless shell. It broke my heart in a thousand pieces.

i am sorry for your loss

lupus est homini *advertiser censored*, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

How long has a brain dead person ever been kept on a ventilator before the heart finally gave out?

I (almost) got away with it.... season 7 starts in June.... the fourth episode.... Jahi's uncle. June 2nd it airs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname