British detectives fly to Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week, for instance, it has been reported that they were investigating different targets.

So, there you go re contradicting reports

I don't think SY are the source of these snippets. It would be the worst run investigation ever if they were truly leaking like a sieve.

Everyday a new suspect? All leaked to The Mirror?

Please...if SY is the source they're playing with someone's head by leaking a load of bs intentionally.

:cow:

[modsnip]

DC Andie Redwood said the case has all of the elements of preplanned abduction. He also said that the the parents are not the suspects.

Apartment key theft cover-up by resort staff in Madeleine McCann case

KEYS to the holiday apartment from which Madeleine McCann was abducted were lost shortly before she vanished, it was claimed last night.

However, police were not informed about the loss of potentially crucial evidence which could unlock the seven-year mystery.

A Sunday Express investigation in Portugal has revealed astonishing new information which, if proved, suggests the kidnap was well planned and executed using stolen keys.

The retired man, whose identity we have agreed to protect, said: “I have kept this to myself for long enough, so now it is right to tell people what happened.

“There was another maintenance worker at the Ocean Club who said he had lost a set of keys for the whole of block five.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...r-up-by-resort-staff-in-Madeleine-McCann-case

O/T

For those of you who didn't follow Kayden Powell's case. 5 day old baby snatched from his bassinet. Many of us knew there was something fishy about the aunt but law enforcement said she was not a suspect in the case.

Lo and behold she was charged with kidnapping the baby the following day. Thankfully he was found alive in a closed plastic bin. She left him outside at a gas station. The baby could have froze to death.

Anyway, all this to say police do sometimes lie to the public to protect the integrity of the investigation. The McStay case is another example.

We are not privy to all that goes on behind the scenes. I'm anxiously awaiting for an arrest (s) in this case and Maddie to be found.

Gypsies, bus driver, tractor man, burglars, staff management and lost keys.

That's what we have so far. Oh and the forgotten efit. The dude that looks like Gerry McCann. No more mention of the efit.

Why I didn't get is if they had a key why was the window open?

No one needed keys. The apartment was unlocked.

Here we have the British media helpfully throwing another (most likely) innocent guy under the bus.

Tiago da Silva, welcome to the club noone wants to join....

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...r-up-by-resort-staff-in-Madeleine-McCann-case

Still zero about the real news, being the suppressed efit and the suspended Libel Trial.

Was there a front door? Maybe the lost keys were for the front door.

Maybe the burglars, mini bus driver, gypsies, tractor guy and management staff didn't realize the patio doors were left unlocked.

They entered through front door and exited through the window.

I know it doesn't fit with the McCann theory but who knows. Maybe they were wrong.

Stick to breaking news, here. I just removed a bunch of off topic posts.

Stay on track and stop rehashing all the old stuff and stop bickering.

Salem

Was there a front door? Maybe the lost keys were for the front door.

Maybe the burglars, mini bus driver, gypsies, tractor guy and management staff didn't realize the patio doors were left unlocked.

They entered through front door and exited through the window.

I know it doesn't fit with the McCann theory but who knows. Maybe they were wrong.

There was both a Front Door (roadside) and a Back door (sliding).

Both were left unlocked despite initial statements by the parents that they had used the key.

Furthermore they allegedly used the Front door (roadside) for access which was the furthest away from the restaurant by about 20 metres. Why this was, no one can say.

So whether the keys were missing or not is entirely irrelevant. The doors werent locked.

From Gerry's signed statement dated 4 May 2007 -

Yesterday, after the daily routine, MADELEINE and the twins were put to bed in their respective beds,... at 9.05 pm, the deponent entered the club, using his key, the door being locked, and went to the children's bedroom and noted that the twins and Madeleine were in perfect condition. He then went to the toilet, where he remained for a few instants, left the apartment, ..At 10pm, his wife Kate went to check on the children. She went into the apartment through the door using her key

Gerry had righted himself by 10 May 2007 when his story becomes -

Despite what he said in his previous statements, he states now and with certainty, that he left with KATE through the back door which he consequently closed but did not lock, given that that is only possible from the inside. Concerning the front door, although he is certain that it was closed, it is unlikely that it was locked, because they left through the back door.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id192.html

So not only did he not lock the door (front) he also changed the door used. In a week he went from unlocking and entering through the front door, to not knowing if the front was locked because he used the back door.

Yep ok....

i hope this is not deleted as its not 'breaking news" but i had to answer nt's question re the doors.

There was both a Front Door (roadside) and a Back door (sliding).

Both were left unlocked despite initial statements by the parents that they had used the key.

Furthermore they allegedly used the Front door (roadside) for access which was the furthest away from the restaurant by about 20 metres. Why this was, no one can say.

So whether the keys were missing or not is entirely irrelevant. The doors werent locked.

From Gerry's signed statement dated 4 May 2007 -

Yesterday, after the daily routine, MADELEINE and the twins were put to bed in their respective beds,... at 9.05 pm, the deponent entered the club, using his key, the door being locked, and went to the children's bedroom and noted that the twins and Madeleine were in perfect condition. He then went to the toilet, where he remained for a few instants, left the apartment, ..At 10pm, his wife Kate went to check on the children. She went into the apartment through the door using her key

Gerry had righted himself by 10 May 2007 when his story becomes -

Despite what he said in his previous statements, he states now and with certainty, that he left with KATE through the back door which he consequently closed but did not lock, given that that is only possible from the inside. Concerning the front door, although he is certain that it was closed, it is unlikely that it was locked, because they left through the back door.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id192.html

So not only did he not lock the door (front) he also changed the door used. In a week he went from unlocking and entering through the front door, to not knowing if the front was locked because he used the back door.

Yep ok....

i hope this is not deleted as its not 'breaking news" but i had to answer nt's question re the doors.

Thanks. We're on topic referencing the lost keys. If true then like you said, the lost keys are irrelevant to the case. The perps wouldn't need keys to access the apartment.

Whom ever abducted Madeleine did not know the doors would be unlocked. They may have stolen the keys, with the intent of breaking in, only to find the doors unlocked.

Whom ever abducted Madeleine did not know the doors would be unlocked. They may have stolen the keys, with the intent of breaking in, only to find the doors unlocked.

I guess I don't understand why the lost keys would even be relevant to the case. Even if they had stolen keys, found the apartment doors unlocked, how does this help the case? The focus shifted yet again. Now it's some dude who has stolen keys he didn't use because the doors were unlocked but yet opened the window to exit

Makes absolutely no sense.

Re the latest news about the lost keys, isn't there a feeling that the interviewed guy is a bit dodgy

1. He was afraid to tell the Police about the lost keys when questioned in May 2007. - so he doesn't lose his job but then he leaves the job because of problems either with his health or his colleague who he claims has lost the keys.

2. The colleague doesn't remember about losing the keys although he was reported as 'crying' when this happened.

3. The first guy actually reported seeing someone strange during the night of May 3.

4. The second guy reports his other two colleagues as being in the McCanns apartment.

5. The first guys gets questioned about his phone calls, mentioned in his statement, which was quite unusual for PJ to do. Were they suspecting him of something?
6. The second guy doesn't answer his phone calls from colleagues during the night of May 3, not because he did not hear the calls but because he said his phone recorded it wrongly and he thought it was someone unimportant.

Source:
1. files
2. http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...r-up-by-resort-staff-in-Madeleine-McCann-case
------------------------

All in one: I think the police is right to investigate this now...

One of the major points of the Abduction Theory is that they were watched and the predator knew their movements, per Kate's book

It can't be both ways - a predator watching, planning then stealing keys is an entirely different scenario to one just wandering in on the off chance there is an unattended child inside.

Neither scenario makes sense :moo:

The keys are relevant because of the other break ins.there was no sign of forced entry in these so the possibility a key was used needs to be investigated. The previous break ins happened in the same block, we are talking a hand full of flats not a city block, in the two weeks prior to madeleines abduction, and they were not publicized so the mccanns did not know about them.

I find it odd that the man claims that he did not think there missing keys were relevant. I would have thought the pj would have asked if keys were missing etc.

As for Gerry's statement, he says in the same statement he entered via the patio door. Its possible that there was confusion within the pj over which was the front door and this is not a direct transcript of what he said anyway. Its an amateur translation of the PJs paraphrasing of what the interpretor said in Portuguese after they paraphrased gerry. And Jeremy saw gerry at the gate by the patio as if he had just lkeft by the patio door. Given gerry did not know Jeremy was there why would he leave by the front door and then pretend a few seconds later to leave by the patio door. Why not just leave by the patio door.

O/T

For those of you who didn't follow Kayden Powell's case. 5 day old baby snatched from his bassinet. Many of us knew there was something fishy about the aunt but law enforcement said she was not a suspect in the case.

Lo and behold she was charged with kidnapping the baby the following day. Thankfully he was found alive in a closed plastic bin. She left him outside at a gas station. The baby could have froze to death.

Anyway, all this to say police do sometimes lie to the public to protect the integrity of the investigation. The McStay case is another example.

We are not privy to all that goes on behind the scenes. I'm anxiously awaiting for an arrest (s) in this case and Maddie to be found.

Found alive in a closed plastic bin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member