British detectives fly to Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.
[modsnip]

Here we have the British media helpfully throwing another (most likely) innocent guy under the bus.

Tiago da Silva, welcome to the club noone wants to join....

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...r-up-by-resort-staff-in-Madeleine-McCann-case

Still zero about the real news, being the suppressed efit and the suspended Libel Trial.

How is the e.fit and libel trial real news. The e.fit has been all over the media including claims it was suppressed which was later clarified by the paper of origin as being incorrect.
As for the libel trial amaral has dragged it out for years with reasons such as amarals lawyers adult son having preplanned surgery of the hand used as a reason to delay it at the very last minute among others.

Re the latest news about the lost keys, isn't there a feeling that the interviewed guy is a bit dodgy

1. He was afraid to tell the Police about the lost keys when questioned in May 2007. - so he doesn't lose his job but then he leaves the job because of problems either with his health or his colleague who he claims has lost the keys.

2. The colleague doesn't remember about losing the keys although he was reported as 'crying' when this happened.

3. The first guy actually reported seeing someone strange during the night of May 3.

4. The second guy reports his other two colleagues as being in the McCanns apartment.

5. The first guys gets questioned about his phone calls, mentioned in his statement, which was quite unusual for PJ to do. Were they suspecting him of something?
6. The second guy doesn't answer his phone calls from colleagues during the night of May 3, not because he did not hear the calls but because he said his phone recorded it wrongly and he thought it was someone unimportant.

Source:
1. files
2. http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...r-up-by-resort-staff-in-Madeleine-McCann-case
------------------------

All in one: I think the police is right to investigate this now...

I don't see your points starting from #3 in the article you posted. Maybe I need more coffee. What phone calls?

The guy denies losing the keys. He says they were put in a safe. The guy admits he didn't like the guy so maybe he's BS ing.

Also,

It was widely reported then that someone may have entered 5a through unlocked patio doors so people were not suggesting stolen duplicate keys could have been used to gain access through the front door.

How is the e.fit and libel trial real news. The e.fit has been all over the media including claims it was suppressed which was later clarified by the paper of origin as being incorrect.
As for the libel trial amaral has dragged it out for years with reasons such as amarals lawyers adult son having preplanned surgery of the hand used as a reason to delay it at the very last minute among others.

The efit was big news in October and we haven't heard a peep since then. It generated thousands of calls.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/oct/15/madeleine-mccann-same-name-efit-appeal-crimewatch

Libel trial is off topic

The keys are relevant because of the other break ins.there was no sign of forced entry in these so the possibility a key was used needs to be investigated. The previous break ins happened in the same block, we are talking a hand full of flats not a city block, in the two weeks prior to madeleines abduction, and they were not publicized so the mccanns did not know about them.

I find it odd that the man claims that he did not think there missing keys were relevant. I would have thought the pj would have asked if keys were missing etc.

As for Gerry's statement, he says in the same statement he entered via the patio door. Its possible that there was confusion within the pj over which was the front door and this is not a direct transcript of what he said anyway. Its an amateur translation of the PJs paraphrasing of what the interpretor said in Portuguese after they paraphrased gerry. And Jeremy saw gerry at the gate by the patio as if he had just lkeft by the patio door. Given gerry did not know Jeremy was there why would he leave by the front door and then pretend a few seconds later to leave by the patio door. Why not just leave by the patio door.

Amateur translation? :waitasec:

She's an interpreter.

The keys are relevant because of the other break ins.there was no sign of forced entry in these so the possibility a key was used needs to be investigated. No, the Met police hve said the burglaries happened through a window

I find it odd that the man claims that he did not think there missing keys were relevant. I would have thought the pj would have asked if keys were missing etc.

They did and none reported any missing keys

As for Gerry's statement, he says in the same statement he entered via the patio door. No he didnt say that in the same statement, he changed it in his second statement

Its possible that there was confusion within the pj over which was the front door and this is not a direct transcript of what he said anyway. NO there can be no confusion as there is only one door a key can be used to get in, the front door, the back patio doors are lockable from the inside but can't be entered from the outside once locked, there is no key here

Its an amateur translation of the PJs paraphrasing of what the interpretor said in Portuguese after they paraphrased gerry. There is no paraphrasing by the PJ, what n earth are you talking about? the interviews were conducted by the PJ obviously but translations were done by a qualified interpreter, and then read back in English to the Mccanns before they signed the statements, why skew and misinform?!! perhaps you can tell us how an interpreter wrongly understood I entered with my key through the front door as it was locked if he had said I entered through the patio doors which were unlocked! see? no wrong translations, just a change of statement from 4th May to 10th May by Gerry

And Jeremy saw gerry at the gate by the patio as if he had just lkeft by the patio door. Given gerry did not know Jeremy was there why would he leave by the front door and then pretend a few seconds later to leave by the patio door. Why not just leave by the patio door.

Answers in bold

:banghead:

E-fit of Maddie kidnap suspect was ‘suppressed five years ago’

But yesterday it emerged the main emphasis of the new police probe was available five years ago after Kate and husband Gerry (45) sidelined the private detectives’ file and instructed them not to divulge its contents.

http://www.thestar.ie/star/e-fit-of-maddie-kidnap-suspect-was-suppressed-five-years-ago-35302/

Gypsies again. They spike drinks and kidnap children. :rolleyes:

The whole article is a pile of .... on so many levels, I can't be bothered to list them, anyone with an iota of a brain cell can see that

Shame on the Mirror

ETA
the opening lines are hilarious... Madeleine's kidnappers tried to abduct her baby....did I miss something? When were they identified?

I don't see your points starting from #3 in the article you posted. Maybe I need more coffee. What phone calls?

The guy denies losing the keys. He says they were put in a safe. The guy admits he didn't like the guy so maybe he's BS ing.

Also,

It was widely reported then that someone may have entered 5a through unlocked patio doors so people were not suggesting stolen duplicate keys could have been used to gain access through the front door.

BEFORE it was widely reported someone might have entered the 5A through the unlocked patio doors.
NOW, it is being reported that the keys were missing and that someone might have entered the apartment using the keys.

Re keys issue > I posted the combination of information about these two guys from files and from the newest article.

But yesterday it emerged the main emphasis of the new police probe was available five years ago after Kate and husband Gerry (45) sidelined the private detectives’ file and instructed them not to divulge its contents.

http://www.thestar.ie/star/e-fit-of-maddie-kidnap-suspect-was-suppressed-five-years-ago-35302/

the efits were definitely suppressed and not made public by the Mccanns.....the only thing the Times said in its correction was they didn't mean to give the impression they hid them from law enforcement, going on to say they did send them a year later after they were done to both British and Portuguese police!

mccanns spokesman said at the time they didn't release them because it would be too expensive for them to follow another line of enquiry, they wanted to concentrate on the Jane Tanner sighting (who saw a pair of legs) as opposed to the Smith family sighting who saw a nr 4 year old blonde girl matching Madeleine's description! great logic.

BEFORE it was widely reported someone might have entered the 5A through the unlocked patio doors.
NOW, it is being reported that the keys were missing and that someone might have entered the apartment using the keys.

Re keys issue > I posted the combination of information about these two guys from files and from the newest article.

It was the phone calls in your post that confused me. There was nothing in the article you posted about phone calls except for the bus driver calling his wife.

It was the phone calls in your post that confused me. There was nothing in the article you posted about phone calls except for the bus driver calling his wife.

If you look in Madeleine files, which I suppose you have read, you will find the person who was interviewed for this article.
It would be really hard to miss him.
My post was a combination of the files information and the article information.

Don't you think thats a bit misleading seeing as the article is based on the Sunday times article and the Sunday times clarified that the e.fit had not been suppressed.

the efits were definitely suppressed and not made public by the Mccanns.....the only thing the Times said in its correction was they didn't mean to give the impression they hid them from law enforcement, going on to say they did send them a year later after they were done to both British and Portuguese police!

mccanns spokesman said at the time they didn't release them because it would be too expensive for them to follow another line of enquiry, they wanted to concentrate on the Jane Tanner sighting (who saw a pair of legs) as opposed to the Smith family sighting who saw a nr 4 year old blonde girl matching Madeleine's description! great logic.

I have never seen that, I saw that they said they did not have the funds to follow both sightings since they relied on private funding not police. But they said nothing about the e.fits. could you post the link please.

If you look in Madeleine files, which I suppose you have read, you will find the person who was interviewed for this article.
It would be really hard to miss him.
My post was a combination of the files information and the article information.

Do you mean the McCann files ? What Madeleine files?

Sorry but I won't go digging to decipher what you posted. Post the quotes and the links so the rest of us understand, Thanks

The whole article is a pile of .... on so many levels, I can't be bothered to list them, anyone with an iota of a brain cell can see that

Shame on the Mirror

ETA
the opening lines are hilarious... Madeleine's kidnappers tried to abduct her baby....did I miss something? When were they identified?

Yes you are correct you did miss something, you missed the word may, they may have tried to kidnap another child.

Why are people so certain that Roma can't work? There is no reason why Roma might be employed by the ocean club, and they are just as likely as anyone else to be burglars so no reason to claim it can't be them. Especially given that later burglaries in the area ended with arrests of Roma men, and we have now seen that in parts of Europe Roma have made illegal adoptions of foreign children. For all we know madeleine could have been given to a Roma family to look after by a scared burglar, and they were too frightened to come forwards when they realized she was a kidnap victim.

Amateur translation? :waitasec:

She's an interpreter.

Not the person who put it up on the net. Pj released the portuguese versions, they did not provide English translations. This is an amateur translation. In one of the previous guests statements it is stated the man bled for forty five minutes, but it may well be a mistake and is meant to be four to five minutes.

And I'm not sure the interpret or was a professionally qualified one, I know the pj used locals like murat as interpreters despite the fact they had no qualifications, I'm not sure if they bothered with professionals at the station.

Interpretors are not the same as translators either one is trained for the spoken word the other the written word.

Don't you think thats a bit misleading seeing as the article is based on the Sunday times article and the Sunday times clarified that the e.fit had not been suppressed.

See clutchbags post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member